Repeat Equinox or other S class?

Sabres Doc

My wife and I were just on the Equinox and loved it. It was our first on X. We loved the look and the layout of the ship and enjoyed dining in Blu. It had been a while since we cruised and forgot how much we enjoy it. As such, it’s obviously time to book another! We considered doing a short cruise on Royal or on the Infinity but thought we’d be disappointed. So, the question is, if we go back to the Caribbean (which we likely will), should we go back on the Equinox or do you all have another favorite S class ship? We’ve never repeated a ship but since we enjoyed it, we’d consider it again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do none of the other Celebrity ships have an itinerary in the Caribbean that you like? Is the ship more important than the itinerary?

For us, the itinerary is more important than the ship; although I prefer an X cruise over many other lines.

A few have similar itineraries and prices. So, if all things were equal, do you think you’d pick one S class over another? I know they’re similar but was curious if anyone had favorites so particular reasons.

I’m sure everyone will have different experiences and opinions but we have sailed in AQ on Equinox the past for years and love it. The staff has been great. We are heading out on Eclipse next week because of a different itinerary so I hope it lives up to the Equinox’s standards.

A few have similar itineraries and prices. So, if all things were equal, do you think you’d pick one S class over another? I know they’re similar but was curious if anyone had favorites so particular reasons.

I've sailed on the Solstice, Eclipse and Equinox. All very similar but I prefer the Equinox. For some reason the Entertainment has been better both times we've been on it. I also prefer the Gastropub to Cellar masters. The Eclipse was the worst due to horrible onboard entertainment and also the staff seemed grumpy. Of course that can change as the bands and crews rotate around. I much prefer the S-class ships over the M-class though.

As previously posted try other ships that are of the S Class. They will be similar but do have a few differences with different decor themes.

Our first cruise on Celebrity was on the Solstice in AQ. We enjoyed everything about it and didn’t know that there was a big difference between the S Class and M Class. We convinced good friends to sail with on on our next cruise because of how fabulous the ship was with the modern bath, shower panel, footstools, Persian Gardens, Blu, Molecular Bar (at that time, now World Class Bar), and etc. We went on the Summit to Bermuda. What a let down as the ship was completely different and no where close to what we told them. We felt uncomfortable about it and they never said anything but I know they didn’t enjoy themselves as much as they would have had it been as we described. They have since taken other cruises but not on Celebrity or with us and after that we also learned not to sail with other close friends or relatives.

I am writing this so you don’t book a M class expecting it to be the same as the S Class.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

As previously posted try other ships that are of the S Class. They will be similar but do have a few differences with different decor themes.

Our first cruise on Celebrity was on the Solstice in AQ. We enjoyed everything about it and didn’t know that there was a big difference between the S Class and M Class. We convinced good friends to sail with on on our next cruise because of how fabulous the ship was with the modern bath, shower panel, footstools, Persian Gardens, Blu, Molecular Bar (at that time, now World Class Bar), and etc. We went on the Summit to Bermuda. What a let down as the ship was completely different and no where close to what we told them. We felt uncomfortable about it and they never said anything but I know they didn’t enjoy themselves as much as they would have had it been as we described. They have since taken other cruises but not on Celebrity or with us and after that we also learned not to sail with other close friends or relatives.

I am writing this so you don’t book a M class expecting it to be the same as the S Class.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Excellent advice. Thank you!

And I agree with the others. I prefer to book based on the ship in the Caribbean since most places are similar unlike, say Europe. I appreciate the advice about entertainment as well.

We've been on the Equinox and Reflection in the Caribbean and liked and enjoyed both ships. Really enjoyed The Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection that Eq doesn't have. Just by a hair prefer the Reflection for subtle differences. Going back on Reflection in the Med later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked my wife which S class ship she thinks is the best and her reply was whichever one she is on. The equinox is probably my number as I prefer gastrobar to cellar masters as I like a place to get a drink and watch a little sports. We tried infinity and was nice but not up to S class.. After many cruises the S class just feels like home,

We have sailed all the Solstice Class ships. At one time Reflection was our favorite due to the unique redesign of the Sunset Bar where we spend most of our time. Not drinking per se (well, not all the time...) but in chairs looking out at the ocean. Reflection's Sunset Bar has seats at the bar where you can look out at the sea; all the other S Class ships have the bartender looking at the sea, the customers have their backs to it. However, I have come to prefer any other S Class ship because of the redesign on Reflection of the Sky Lounge. When X took the left half and made suites out of it the ambiance really, really changed. Its still a beautiful room, don't get me wrong, and if you'd never been in another S Class Sky Lounge you would be very happy. But it doesn't have the soaring windows to the high ceiling, the chairs at the front aren't the proper size to allow an unobstructed view out (they seem to have your sight line directly at the horizontal support beam running the length of the front glass.) The dance floor doesn't feel as spacious.

We've recently sailed Equinox more often than other ships because she's the only X ship kept year round in the Caribbean. I was just going to say that if she sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami she'd be perfect....then I looked and she will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale starting May of 2019!! Win, win!!

But honestly, all S Class ships are so similar I'd book based on price. Itinerary if that matters to you. We've sailed the Caribbean so often we often don't even get off the ship so that doesn't matter to me.

Hi. People like different features on different S ships. We have sailed on Equinox (many times), Reflection and Silhouette. As you can see in my signature, Equinox is our favorite! There is just something about the crew and overall feel of the ship that keeps us coming back. I wish the Sunset Bar on Equinox was designed the same as Reflection, that would make the ship perfect for us!