Shows on the Escape

ranchette

Yes booking in advance is advised, its free to do. You will probably still get a standby seat if you show up without a booking, but you'll have to wait until shortly before the show to be let in.

There are two main shows on the Escape. After Midnight is a jazz/tap dancing show. For The Record is 80s music and is very loud and high energy. Personally we loved For The Record and found After Midnight dull, but others will probably tell you the opposite. Depends on what you like.

Yes booking in advance is advised, its free to do. You will probably still get a standby seat if you show up without a booking, but you'll have to wait until shortly before the show to be let in.

There are two main shows on the Escape. After Midnight is a jazz/tap dancing show. For The Record is 80s music and is very loud and high energy. Personally we loved For The Record and found After Midnight dull, but others will probably tell you the opposite. Depends on what you like.

What times and day were those on?

What times and day were those on?

depends on your cruise . for my cruise in may and maybe for all of the other 7 day cruises:

After Midnight = Monday and Tuesday at 7:30 and 10:00

For the Record = Thursday and Friday at 7:30 and 10:00

Show and restaurant reservations open EXACTLY 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days if you are in the Havens suites). Book as soon as reservations opens.

Dates and times vary on the cruise. We are on the Escape in a few weeks from now, and our show times are

After Midnight = Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 and 10:00

For the Record = Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:30 and 10:00

If you make a dinner reservation, the system blocks 2 hours for dinner, so you have to book a table at 5:30 if you want to see the early shows.

Are there any other show besides those two?

There's wine lovers the musical, and the supper club but because some have meals included there's a charge.

The comedians are free but definitely need pre booking however you've to wait until boarding to book those.

Howl at the moon is also free but not bookable.

Just off a couple of weeks ago and this time had "The Company Men" as well. I really enjoyed the singing group, but my husband not so much. If you are into the 80's films, for the Record is great! Howl at the moon and the comedians are a lot of fun!

There must be more shows for 14 days, right? I was hoping for more info too. Is there anyone who has been on a 2 week cruise on The Escape that can give some insight on shows for longer cruises?

You will have plenty of entertainment every night. I did 10 nights, and there were additional acts in addition to the regular shows. (We had Tenors of Rock and some hypnotist lady. This was in addition to The Brat Pack, After Midnight, and Million Dollar Quartet, when it was still on Escape). You won't have any way of knowing who or what the entertainment will be until you are onboard.

Show and restaurant reservations open EXACTLY 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days if you are in the Havens suites). Book as soon as reservations opens.

Dates and times vary on the cruise. We are on the Escape in a few weeks from now, and our show times are

After Midnight = Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 and 10:00

For the Record = Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:30 and 10:00

If you make a dinner reservation, the system blocks 2 hours for dinner, so you have to book a table at 5:30 if you want to see the early shows.

So if I understand correctly, if you book the 7:30 show it won't let you book a dinner reservation until 9:30? How long do those shows actually run?

So if I understand correctly, if you book the 7:30 show it won't let you book a dinner reservation until 9:30? How long do those shows actually run?

depending on the show, some can be short like 45 minutes and some can be long like 1 hour 30 minutes.

How often do the shows change? I'll be on the Escape in August; do you think the same shows will be featured?

Yes. Breakaway still has it's original shows, and it's been sailing since 2013. Escape is way too new to start over with new ones.

I thought both the production shows were bad in terms of content, but the performers were good. So I enjoyed the music but not the rest. When I said this in my review many on the same trip disagreed so it's a matter of taste.

I really enjoyed the Company Men at the Supper club. They don't pretend to have a plot, just great songs.

Completely agree with you.

How often do the shows change? I'll be on the Escape in August; do you think the same shows will be featured?

NCL use to sign 5-year contracts for shows (takes a lot of effort install a show in a floating theater). They have been some exceptions which have caused gaps in performances on the ships.

From what I understand of what BirdTravels wrote is that show bookings don't affect dinner bookings; it is the dinner booking that may block off the show booking if the dinner is booked fewer than 2 hours before the show you want to attend.

In your example, if you want the 7:30 show, you still can book dinner before 9:30 (if the show lasts 45 minutes, for example, then you can book an 8:30 dinner if you want to eat right after the show.) However, if you want to eat before the show, then you will need to book a 5:30 dinner (because according to NCL's system, the dinner takes 2 hours to complete.) Hence, if you book dinner at 6:00, then, from what I understand, you may be blocked from booking the 7:30 show since dinner is only 1.5 hours before the show.

If I am wrong, BirdTravels, please correct me. :)