Purchased Cheers Package - Do I buy bottled water to have in the room separately?

arbelcher

On 2/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, jakeT said:

Just pick up bottle water at a bar. They know what’s going on and don’t care. Bottle water in the room is like a quart bottle for $3.80. But I heard prices went up last week

You can order water bottles I think 12 of them. 

5 hours ago, AutumnorFall said:

The rules for cheers say the drinks are sold open.  Will they take the cap from us for the water?

Where did you see this rule. I get my beer without being opened with no problem. No they don't open the bottle waters or Gatorade. Stay sealed. 

5 hours ago, AutumnorFall said:

The rules for cheers say the drinks are sold open.  Will they take the cap from us for the water?

Where did you see this rule. I get my beer without being opened with no problem. No they don't open the bottle waters or Gatorade. Stay sealed. 

On 2/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, famof4togo said:

Will bartenders ever let you get a cocktail and a water bottle at the same time (meaning not wait the 5 minutes in-between)? I know technically against the rules but will some bend this rule on occasion? I'm in the habit of getting a water bottle with each alcoholic drink I purchase to help me not get totally drunk too quickly lol....

The 5 minute rule applies to alcoholic drinks. You can get a water or even a soda at the same time you order an alcoholic drink.  I order Perrier with whatever I am drinking multiple times every day of the cruise. 

45 minutes ago, BigCruze said:

If you look at the Cheers program description card, that are located at every bar, one of the rules states bottles and cans will be served open.  

You can also get the large liter sized water bottles in the MDR. Ask for one every time you are there. Great size to take ashore too!

dont get the bottles they are offering as you go ashore, they are not included in cheers, you will be charged.

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you look at the Cheers program description card, that are located at every bar, one of the rules states bottles and cans will be served open.  

Apparently they do not apply this rule to water, soda, beer, or Powerade

On 2/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, famof4togo said:

Will bartenders ever let you get a cocktail and a water bottle at the same time (meaning not wait the 5 minutes in-between)? I know technically against the rules but will some bend this rule on occasion? I'm in the habit of getting a water bottle with each alcoholic drink I purchase to help me not get totally drunk too quickly lol....

It depends on the bar tender and customer.  Customers with an attitude probably not.. 

20 hours ago, BigCruze said:

It is in the FAQ part for the cheers program.  I don't see it as a rule in the funshop before you would purchase it, though most all other rules are there.  I figured maybe they did it so that it would be hard to have them for inside the room or something.  I'm glad they don't follow it because now maybe, my husband can have a beer and I could bring wine for on our balcony.  That is if I decide to purchase this.  It seems steep for 7 days, but I'm afraid I'll spend that much anyway or be too scared to enjoy myself.  We'll see.

14 minutes ago, AutumnorFall said:

It seems steep for 7 days, but I'm afraid I'll spend that much anyway or be too scared to enjoy myself.  We'll see.

You will be surprised how fast it adds up. Throw in all the sodas, waters, coffees, and shakes it's pretty easy to get to $56, approximately for those who want to copy and paste the exact price. 

8 minutes ago, coevan said:

You will be surprised how fast it adds up. Throw in all the sodas, waters, coffees, and shakes it's pretty easy to get to $56, approximately for those who want to copy and paste the exact price. 

Yeah, I did one of those calculator things and it said I would save with the package.  There are four sea days on the cruise I'm taking so I am taking that into account too.  I might tack things on in some order or something like I'm doing my wedding.  Everyone while I was with my decorator at the venue was like "The cake!  The cake!" and I told them, "I didn't even put a deposit on the caterer yet."  There are two main things you need for a party, food and someplace to have it.  So I started there.  For a cruise, you need the money to pay for the ticket as main thing.  After that, maybe an excursion.  Then too, there is the extras like a night in the steakhouse or the captain's table.  Finally, it is the drink packages.  I think that is the way I"m going to do it.  We are thrifty everywhere in our lives.  It would be nice to go onto a ship and just not even worry because I bought it already.  I can also not do that, drink lots of the free juices or teas and still cruise though.  Both of these I've never done.  I really hope to have the cheers program, but is is $980 for two people for 7 days.

16 hours ago, AutumnorFall said:

I really hope to have the cheers program, but is is $980 for two people for 7 days.

I believe we paid $804.30 for 7 days, twice for the B2B, minus the 10% saved with AARP gift cards, so it netted about $720

Edited by coevan

2 hours ago, coevan said:

I believe we paid $804.30 for 7 days, twice for the B2B, minus the 10% saved with AARP gift cards, so it netted about $720

What is b2b? I should look into the aarp gift cards. I put cheers in my cart on carnival and it was $980 in total for my cruise with the taxes and 18% tips. So, $980 total. 

The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% gratuity. 

I don't know where you are getting your numbers. Add 18% or $9.35 to $51.95 and you get $61.30 X 7 = $429.

1 minute ago, coevan said:

The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% gratuity. 

I don't know where you are getting your numbers. Add 18% or $9.35 to $51.95 and you get $61.30 X 7 = $429.

From the carnival.com funshop in my cart.  I meant to say 8 days instead of 7, but still it is $980 with all the fees and taxes on there.  It is $490.14 for each person.  51.95 plus 18%.  The AARP thing I will be looking into a lot though.  I really like that idea you gave me, so thanks for that.  I was looking at my "corporate perks at work" thing that I have from my job to try and maybe rack up points or something, but so far I don't see any gift cards for cruises and the only offers they have are for "last minute cruises."  I believe I save more by booking earlier and besides, I already did book.