RIP Marty...

DELTABLUE

While paging through the Washington Post today I came across some sad news. Entertainer/comedian Marty Allen has passed away at the age of 95. I know that a number of us have had the pleasure of cruising with him, and his wife Karen, many times over the years and enjoyed our time visiting with him. He always had time to shmooze and pose for pictures. For years I'd always seemed to miss his cruises and then finally hooked up with him a few times. He always put on a most entertaining show and will surely be missed. He was among the last of a dying breed of performer. Condolences to his family and may he RIP. Goodbye dere Marty!

While paging through the Washington Post today I came across some sad news. Entertainer/comedian Marty Allen has passed away at the age of 95. I know that a number of us have had the pleasure of cruising with him, and his wife Karen, many times over the years and enjoyed our time visiting with him. He always had time to shmooze and pose for pictures. For years I'd always seemed to miss his cruises and then finally hooked up with him a few times. He always put on a most entertaining show and will surely be missed. He was among the last of a dying breed of performer. Condolences to his family and may he RIP. Goodbye dere Marty!

We saw Marty on the Explorer of the Seas on our first cruise. OMG I thought he was a million years old at that time, but he was the funniest comic ever! May he rest in peace.

What a shame....he was an excellent entertainer. We saw him on the Explorer years ago. He was so friendly. He’d walk down the cabin hallways, always saying hello. He was so accessible to us ordinary people. He lived a long life and I’m sure a good one. His wife was lovely and a great entertainer too. They worked well together. He will be missed.

Gwen [emoji3]

We cruised with them on Explorer about 7-8 years ago. We also rode on the elevator with them the day they were getting off to head back to Vegas, I think in St Thomas. On stage, he was in charge and very much on top of it. Waiting for the elevator he was totally different, but what you'd expect for a man of 87/88 years old. Karon was directing him where to go, etc. They were very friendly on our elevator ride. We enjoyed his shows and meeting them both.

Thanks for your post and thoughtful words. He will be truly missed. We have also sailed with Marty and Karen.

We also sailed with him once. Met him on the elevator on formal night and he commented on how nice we looked. Another night he stopped by our table st dinner to say hello again. We thoroughly enjoyed his show in the theater. Laughed until we cried and he never used a single curse word. Said if you were funny enough you didn’t need all those 4 letter words. What a wonderful man. Will treasure our meeting with him on RCI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk