Up-Sell Offer?

Sea Gypsy 2

We are cruising on Caribbean Princess in April. We have booked a balcony on Lido deck because we like to be close to pool, etc. Just received an up-sell offer for mini-suite for a fee but we would have to move down to Dolphin deck. Would really love to take advantage of this offer if it was on the deck we purchased but do not feel it was really an up-sell offer to move down that far! We are finding it more difficult to book a specific cabin on the Lido deck. Has anyone else had this problem?

That's what we did! Just wondering if anyone else had trouble booking specific balcony cabins on Lido deck. Seems like most cruises we look at only have guaranteed cabins. We were happy to get balcony on Lido this cruise even if Caribbean Princess has been experiencing difficulties.

It is just a matter of supply and demand. If you can't get the balcony cabin you want, it means that someone else has reserved it.

Interesting that you are getting an upsell offer.....our cruise isn't full, but I'm crossing fingers for a move over. I know it isn't likely, but I can hope.

On the CB (and most other versions of Grand-class ships) the balcony cabins more forward on Lido deck are category BF, priced lower due to being directly under the fitness center. So they tend to go guarantee only pretty quickly after bookings open for a particular cruise. But those Lido balconies closer to midship (and to the pools) are category BC. And picking a random sailing on CB in April there are sixteen of those cabins showing available to be reserved directly. Priced $105 per person higher than a BF guarantee.

We just received an "upgrade" offer which was really an upsell. The deal was to move up to a full suite for about $500pp from a balcony on a 7-day cruise which is no deal.
It depends on the person. People pay a lot more than that to book suites initially. Our cost for an upsell to a full suite on the Royal was about the same price per person per day ($699 per person for a 10-day cruise). We took it because we had paid next to nothing for our balcony cabin. It was my birthday cruise. I figured we would never get a 10-day cruise in a full suite for around $1,300 per person. People booking balcony cabins for the same time period in December this year are paying more than we did for our suite. A balcony cabin starts at around $1,800 per person for the Crown's 10-day cruise Dec. 7. A suite starts at $4,000 per person. (Those prices include port fees and taxes. My $1,300 rate also included insurance.)

We are cruising on Caribbean Princess in April. We have booked a balcony on Lido deck because we like to be close to pool, etc. Just received an up-sell offer for mini-suite for a fee but we would have to move down to Dolphin deck. Would really love to take advantage of this offer if it was on the deck we purchased but do not feel it was really an up-sell offer to move down that far! We are finding it more difficult to book a specific cabin on the Lido deck. Has anyone else had this problem?

I would suggest reviewing deck plans for any ship you plan on sailing...not all types of cabins are offered on all decks. I love lido deck for same reason as you, however I know there are no minisuites on lido deck for the Caribbean, Ruby, Emerald, Crown etc. because I study deck plans before choosing our cabin...

I'm on CB in September and I got upgraded the other day from a Balcony on Lido (category BC) to the Corner Aft Premium Balcony (category B4). No email to either myself or TA. I'm not complaining, happy for the move! :D But it seems weird that they moved us this early in the year. My TA actually called Princess and they couldn't explain why that happened. Plus the other 3 cabins that were sold in my original section were also cleared out and the entire back of the ship for the premium balconies were suddenly sold out. Wondering is something is wrong in that area of Lido deck on the ship.

It depends on the person. People pay a lot more than that to book suites initially. Our cost for an upsell to a full suite on the Royal was about the same price per person per day ($699 per person for a 10-day cruise). We took it because we had paid next to nothing for our balcony cabin. It was my birthday cruise. I figured we would never get a 10-day cruise in a full suite for around $1,300 per person. People booking balcony cabins for the same time period in December this year are paying more than we did for our suite. A balcony cabin starts at around $1,800 per person for the Crown's 10-day cruise Dec. 7. A suite starts at $4,000 per person. (Those prices include port fees and taxes. My $1,300 rate also included insurance.)

Geoherb is spot on. It does depend on the person. We also took the up sell he did for the same cruise and our daughter and her friend also had the offer extended to them. It was what I considered a Christmas cruise and those fares are generally much higher. We all sailed in Suites for 10 days with all the amenities for about the same price as a base priced obstructed balcony would have been for a non Christmas time cruise.

This was our daughter's second Princess cruise and her friends first Princess cruise. What a treat for all of us. The staff in Sabatini as well as club class made our dining experience amazing.

Would I book a suite at full price........probably never.........would I take an up sell again.....bring me that offer!