Royal Caribbean credit card

I got 1!

I made a $1 purchase in a vending machine at work, made an online payment for $1 when the bill came. I received the 10,000 RCL points on that bill. The same day, I called RCL, and deposited those points to my cruise leaving next Sunday from Miami. Then I destroyed the credit card, since I hate them! Netted a free $99 onboard credit. Not bad for about 10 minutes of my time.

I got 1!

I made a $1 purchase in a vending machine at work, made an online payment for $1 when the bill came. I received the 10,000 RCL points on that bill. The same day, I called RCL, and deposited those points to my cruise leaving next Sunday from Miami. Then I destroyed the credit card, since I hate them! Netted a free $99 onboard credit. Not bad for about 10 minutes of my time.

Ditto this- Used to like the card but there are a lot better ones our there now - And if you have a significant other they can get one and do the same thing:halo:

What are everyone’s thoughts positive and negatives about the RCI credit card?

Not very useful anymore. However, as mentioned above, the $100 free onboard credit just for getting the card is nice.

I got 1!

You have to cancel it, not destroy it

Only use mine for RCI. Get 2% back in OBC.

Occasionally I'll use it for a large bill if it lines up with my statement date. Statement cuts on the 6th, charge large bill on the 7th, no payments due for 50 days. Other times some other credit card may line up better. Everything else goes on my Costco card.

Benefits for RCI card aren't very good.

I charge everything I can on the card to build up points.

I would charge my mortgage if I was able to.

I know for many people it is a mental thing about not wanting to get a big credit card bill at the end of the month. But in my mind, If I have to pay for something anyway, why not build the points?

(Obviously as with any card with perks, it's only worth it if you pay the balance in full every month)

We have taken 4 free (except for port charges & taxes) 7 night Caribbean cruises using the points earned.

I charge everything I can on the card to build up points.

I would charge my mortgage if I was able to.

I know for many people it is a mental thing about not wanting to get a big credit card bill at the end of the month. But in my mind, If I have to pay for something anyway, why not build the points?

(Obviously as with any card with perks, it's only worth it if you pay the balance in full every month)

We have taken 4 free (except for port charges & taxes) 7 night Caribbean cruises using the points earned.

I am the same way!!

It is my main credit card, I use it for EVERYTHING and pay off as soon as I charge on it.

(As if it were a debit)

Those points add up quickly have always covered my specialty dinners, gratuities and small extras!!

I just signed up for the card and paid for a large portion of my cruise with it for the 2x points then just today cashed it in for $150 discount off the balance. I wanted to get to 15,000 points so I can get the discount rather than OBC. My wife has one also that she plans on buying some small purchase to get the $100 OBC. I do this with a Choice Privileges card also to pay for our hotel rooms with points. I really don't understand why everyone doesn't pay their bills with a credit card and then just pay off the balance each month. You get a ton of free stuff.

We've been using it to purchase materials to repair our home after it flooded during Harvey. We should have quite a few points. The the Hubs paid it off, and used it for our airfare and balance on the cruise. That will be paid off this month...

Points=OBC

We have an Delta affinity AMEX card and the RCL Visa and use both. No other cards and autopay full balance. I guess I could search for better deals but I'm happy as it is. DW is a Delta employee so annual fee waived for AMEX card. Yes, even though we have pass privileges on DL, we do buy fares as needed and we have used mileage for some flights, including business class flight from LAX to SYD for a NZ cruise.

We use ours (and our airline card) all the time. As many have stated, we also pay ours off all the time. We flew 5 to San Juan for $65.00 one year and purchase routinely purchase $1000 OBC and apply drink packages and the such against that. If you are able to do so, why not score points on things you are buying anyway. We had a large kitchen reno done- cha-ching. They billed us in installments so we were able to charge and pay off and keep the 'change' in the form of points!

The Royal Caribbean card is basically terrible. You get 1 point per dollar on your everyday spending. This equates to 1% with their conversion to OBC or discounts. That's a terrible return. Go get a 2% card like the Citi Double Cash and you get double the return, and you can use that for OBC or whatever as well, but get twice the discount.

I charge everything. Double points for When using it to pay off your cruise. They also offer points for certain stores, restaurants etc. my points add up quickly especially being lucky enough that we can cruise every other month. We use no other card.

The Royal Caribbean card is basically terrible. You get 1 point per dollar on your everyday spending. This equates to 1% with their conversion to OBC or discounts. That's a terrible return. Go get a 2% card like the Citi Double Cash and you get double the return, and you can use that for OBC or whatever as well, but get twice the discount.

I agree after the 10,000 activation bonus there's better cards out there, but the initial offer is excellent if you pair it with a cruise purchase

I agree after the 10,000 activation bonus there's better cards out there, but the initial offer is excellent if you pair it with a cruise purchase

I couldn't imagine signing up for a credit card for $100 and then having to cancel it, etc. If that is actually the goal, there are cards that offer much better signup bonuses than $100. Even as far as signup bonuses go, the Royal card is terrible. It's just a terrible card that piggybacks on fans of the company in the hopes that these people don't do any research or comparisons at all. I was thinking, maybe people just smile when they see a pretty picture of a Royal ship on the front of the card, but then it occurred to me that you can add any ship picture you want to a Capital One card, get 50% more bonus and 50% more points... There is really no reason to use a Royal Caribbean card.

I couldn't imagine signing up for a credit card for $100 and then having to cancel it, etc. If that is actually the goal, there are cards that offer much better signup bonuses than $100. Even as far as signup bonuses go, the Royal card is terrible. It's just a terrible card that piggybacks on fans of the company in the hopes that these people don't do any research or comparisons at all. I was thinking, maybe people just smile when they see a pretty picture of a Royal ship on the front of the card, but then it occurred to me that you can add any ship picture you want to a Capital One card, get 50% more bonus and 50% more points... There is really no reason to use a Royal Caribbean card.

Why would have to cancel it?

I got it and used it enough to qualify for the new account bonus of (I think) 30,000 points. Then I cancelled it as I prefer a better 2% cash back card that sweeps monthly into a savings account.

Do tell which bank offers this. Thanks.