Charged for Specialty Dining Meals?

fivefirsts

I purchased a dining package (4 meals) and then booked the meals in the same transaction. I was charged the price of the package plus the price of the Teppanyaki meal. I booked the same number of meals as my package. Will I be refunded the difference to my credit card, or will my credit card not be charged the price of the meal booked at Teppanyaki? I don't remember how it worked on last year's cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were the other reservations at places that have a la carte menus? Those don't charge you when you make the reservation. The system didn't realize that you had the dining package when you made the reservation, since you actually didn't until AFTER the purchase of the SDP was made. So it charged you the same it would have charged anyone with no package -- $0 for most restaurants, cover price for Teppanyaki (and Moderno would also be the same). You will need to call to get it fixed.

I think you need to purchase the SDP and then go back and book reservations. Once you have the SDP you should be able to book teppanyaki without a charge. I would call to fix it now so you don’t have to get OBC back trying to fix it on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the best way to book specialty dining meals is by booking fixed prices restaurants first like Teppanyaki and Moderno then the a la carte places like Cagneys, Le Bistro and so on. This way your specialty dining will cover the most expensive place first. You can call them to re-arrange the reservations so that everything is covered under the package

the best way to book specialty dining meals is by booking fixed prices restaurants first like Teppanyaki and Moderno then the a la carte places like Cagneys, Le Bistro and so on. This way your specialty dining will cover the most expensive place first. You can call them to re-arrange the reservations so that everything is covered under the package

While what you say is true, that wasn't the issue here. The OP booked LESS restaurants than would be covered by their SDP.