Wine Packages ?

doglover5

Email arrived offering the "full boat" drink package which for 10 days would cost 2 of us over $1,400 for a ten day cruise. Since we drink wine almost exclusively I'm wondering if there is a wine package offered on board the first day of the cruise? Leaving FL for Panama Canal late March on the Coral Princess I'll be much happier if this is offered. Thanks

Yes. There is a silver and gold package. It is not well advertised on board. Just ask your waiter at dinner and they can get it for you. Search on here for wine packages and you should be able to find all the prices for the packages. Well worth purchasing the packages.

If you are thinking that Princess offers a wine-by-the-glass package similar to but less expensive than the PBP you will be disappointed--though clearly misled by the previous response.

Princess offers on certain voyages 10 days and longer a package discount on purchasing a set number of wine bottles. I believe there are two or three different price levels to chose from.

Edited by fishywood

A couple of caveats about the Silver and Gold wine packages:

1) It is for full bottles only. No provision for by-the-glass.

2) This package is only available in the restaurants. Not in the bars, not in the Vines.

3) Wines available in the restaurants ma differ from wines available in Vines and other bars.

Other than that, it's not a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

For the silver package, you can get 7, 10 or 12 bottles. Charge is 24, 22, 20 per bottle respectively. You can pick bottles selling for less than US$30.

The gold package is in the mid $30 range. You can have bottles of $45 or less.

Just a word about wine by the bottle. It is absolutely fine to order a multi--bottle package and only have 1 or 2 glasses out of your bottle at a meal. You can then ask for the bottle to be saved for another night. When we get a package we will often have 2 open bottles (a red and a white) in storage for other nights. The packages give you a much better selection then the wines offered by the glass and they are a better deal.

Hank

Not that its always about money.....but I find it better to just bring on board the good wines that I like. Pay the $15.00 corkage fee per bottle (after the free one) and your miles ahead cost wise. The wines in the various stores around FLL are less than half the cost of a bottle on the ship and you know you will have the wines you want. Just an option.

A couple of caveats about the Silver and Gold wine package

2) This package is only available in the restaurants. Not in the bars, not in the Vines.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

If bottles can't be purchased at bars using the package, is there any other way to purchase a full bottle (not a leftover bottle from dinner) to enjoy in the cabin? Thanks for any info.

If bottles can't be purchased at bars using the package, is there any other way to purchase a full bottle (not a leftover bottle from dinner) to enjoy in the cabin? Thanks for any info.

The 10 or 12 bottles are on a punch card. You can take one or 2 or even all of them out of the dining room at any time. We took a full bottle to Vines and they stored it for us.

The room service wine menu should be similar to the bottles you can pre-order in your Cruise Personalizer.

If you don't have a current booking you can see the list in the Gifts and Services catalog:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

(click 'Beverage Packages and Cellars' and scroll past the list of packages; next will be champagne and sparkling wine, then the various types of wine)