Dining Questions

As a first-time cruiser I am confused by the dining options. My boyfriend and I will be sailing on Anthem of the Seas.

I see that there are four main restaurants and it is my understanding that those four make up the main dining room. Are those available for cruisers who are not doing the traditional dining which requires eating at the same time each night? If so, can non-traditional diners only eat there in between the traditional dining times? Can anyone tell me the hours for these restaurants?

On a different note, we are considering a dining package because we do enjoy some specialty dining. This is confusing to me as well. Can we pay a set price and eat at any of the specialty restaurants over the course of our trip? Or are we limited to paying in advance for one, two, or a maximum of three specialty meals as part of a dining package? That is the impression that I am getting from the Royal Caribbean website, but I could be wrong!

Thank you!

As a first-time cruiser I am confused by the dining options. My boyfriend and I will be sailing on Anthem of the Seas.

I see that there are four main restaurants and it is my understanding that those four make up the main dining room. Are those available for cruisers who are not doing the traditional dining which requires eating at the same time each night? If so, can non-traditional diners only eat there in between the traditional dining times? Can anyone tell me the hours for these restaurants?

On a different note, we are considering a dining package because we do enjoy some specialty dining. This is confusing to me as well. Can we pay a set price and eat at any of the specialty restaurants over the course of our trip? Or are we limited to paying in advance for one, two, or a maximum of three specialty meals as part of a dining package? That is the impression that I am getting from the Royal Caribbean website, but I could be wrong!

Thank you!

Two of the four main restaurants are for traditional dining, two are for My Time (flexible) dining.

You can buy a dining package, and be limited by the terms of that package in return for getting a less expensive price. Or, you can purchase dinner at one or more restaurants at full price and be able to make reservations in advance.

On Anthem if you've chosen MTD the dining rooms will be on deck #4 (American Icon or Silk same menu just different decor) and can just show up anytime between the hours of 5:15pm - 9:00pm. One of these will be designated on your SeaPass card but we were able to go to either (we prefer American Icon decor).

So if we chose MTD, Chic and The Grande are not available to us? I didn't realize that when I made the decision to choose MTD. Hopefully that doesn't impact us too much. Is the buffet available to everyone at any time?

The buffet is available to all during it's operating hours.

The only difference betweeb the four restaurants is decor. They all serve the same food from the same menu that changes every night.

All of the MDR, whether traditional seating or MTD have the same menu and same "dress suggestion"....doesn't matter which room you're in...it's all the same.

The buffet is there for everyone, anyone, anytime it's open. The dining room is nicer, tho! Especially, for breakfast!

If you bought a dining package for specialty restaurants, you will NOT be in the MDR for those meals...you will be in the specialty (for fee) restaurants. If you buy a 3 night package, you can still eat in a specialty restaurant any time you want...you will simply pay the going rate. You can buy ANYTHING without a "package".

Thank you for all the information!

I am still a little confused about specialty dining. Can I pre-pay for the ability to eat at any specialty restaurant for any (or all) meals during the cruise? Or am I limited to pre-purchasing a package for a maximum of three meals? That's the biggest package that I saw on the website.

Thank you for all the information!

I am still a little confused about specialty dining. Can I pre-pay for the ability to eat at any specialty restaurant for any (or all) meals during the cruise? Or am I limited to pre-purchasing a package for a maximum of three meals? That's the biggest package that I saw on the website.

There is an Ultimate Dining Package that allows you to eat all dinners and lunches (when available) in specialty restaurants. If you don't see that as a choice, then it may not be available at this time for your cruise. Keep checking, it may or may not become available.

The buffet is available to all during it's operating hours.

The only difference betweeb the four restaurants is decor. They all serve the same food from the same menu that changes every night.

Yes, the Windjammer buffet is open to anyone and everyone during its operating hours. :)

It's open until 9:30 P.M., but it closes for a couple of hours before dinner.

• 6 months later...

At the specialty restaurants, are you seated with others or with just your party? It's just my wife and I ....and we prefer our time together instead of small talk with strangers on vacation since so much of daily life is interacting with others and not each other..

At the specialty restaurants, are you seated with others or with just your party? It's just my wife and I ....and we prefer our time together instead of small talk with strangers on vacation since so much of daily life is interacting with others and not each other..

You are seated with your own party.

Even in the MDR on MTD we have always been seated at a table for 2.

You can ask to be seated with others if you want to meet people.