Texas Cheer prices?

redhot77

Not to be dense, but if I sail out of Galveston on Sunday, would my cheers package kick in Monday morning? I will be needing my spiked coffee after my morning run and mimosas at breakfast Monday :-)

We had cheers for the first time in October and loved it. No clue if i broke even or not, but what I do know is I never worried about how much I was spending on my drinks and I tried things I never would have.

Not to be dense, but if I sail out of Galveston on Sunday, would my cheers package kick in Monday morning? I will be needing my spiked coffee after my morning run and mimosas at breakfast Monday :-)

We had cheers for the first time in October and loved it. No clue if i broke even or not, but what I do know is I never worried about how much I was spending on my drinks and I tried things I never would have.

Cheers starts at 6:00 a.m. Monday (for a Sunday departure)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The reason for this, is that they only serve liquor with the Texas state tax label on it the first day... When the bars close that night, they will switch out every bottle, and replace it with the liquor that Carnival buys in bulk from their normal distributor (at a much better profit to the cruise line)

See the Carnival site for specifics, but basically because of TX laws regarding liquor. NY has similar laws.

There are a few recent threads on this topic, if you want to dig for hypothesized specifics.

The reason for this, is that they only serve liquor with the Texas state tax label on it the first day... When the bars close that night, they will switch out every bottle, and replace it with the liquor that Carnival buys in bulk from their normal distributor (at a much better profit to the cruise line)

And your choices, by brand, will be limited for embarkation day only

Good information, but one caveat. The changeover to the full bar happens once the ship is in international water. That's usually within an hour of sailing. You can see the locked coolers at the bars full of beer in 16oz bottles being opened and then the full stock of liquors are set up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that because of Texas Liquor Laws, when you get back into port you get charged tax on any bottles you bought on the trip. So those "duty free" bottles are still going to cost you when you go through customs....

It never occurred to me before this thread, but unless you are sailing from TX or NY with Cheers you are actually being shorted some the first day. You are paying for 24 hrs (6am-5:59am), but don't board until after noon quite often so are missing out on at least 6 hours that you paid for. Yet another reason to be glad we are paying as we go.

It never occurred to me before this thread, but unless you are sailing from TX or NY with Cheers you are actually being shorted some the first day. You are paying for 24 hrs (6am-5:59am), but don't board until after noon quite often so are missing out on at least 6 hours that you paid for. Yet another reason to be glad we are paying as we go.

You do lose some hours however there is a 15 drink limit per person so you could still get all 15 drinks in if ya try hard. (or not so hard in some cases lol).

We've always paid as we go too though. Never once had a bar bill that was even half of what Cheers would have cost and we didn't purposely skimp on drinks. We had a drink whenever we wanted one.