Uber tipping?

8mma

yes glad too , didnt see any bad stuff was all good felt safe was lots of cops around town was good

It can be dangerous at times, sometimes there are whole gangs of people all dressed similarly with their colours and it can get ugly quickly, especially if it is the dark blue, the light blue and white or the black and white bunch.

It can be dangerous at times, sometimes there are whole gangs of people all dressed similarly with their colours and it can get ugly quickly, especially if it is the dark blue, the light blue and white or the black and white bunch.

they turning into copy cats like the U.S gangs are they lol same cap etc all the times i have been to the city havent overly bad stuff , did miss the thing at last years white night not sure how much by we were at state library i think when it may have happened did see islanders walking towards fed square with serious looks on faces but only saw a couple [heaps of people there same time] ] saw fed square looked different when we got back but thats as close as i have been to any of that rubbish , i wont say it wont happen to me if i am lucky it wont but never know anything is possible it may still happen

I can understand your concerns then. :cool::*:hearteyes:I hope he gets convicted and sent to Pentridge, if it is still open for miscreants.

Pentridge closed about 18 years ago, I believe Cell block D is up for sale right now, today in Victoria we have 13 major jails for the serious offenders and about 50 holiday camps for the lesser offenders ,, and YES Melbourne has become a dangerous place to live.

Absolutely. It's false to say there's no tipping here.

It's more accurate to say it's not (mostly) expected. But tipping has been around here for decades, mostly in taxis and restaurants.

I realise tipping is entirely personal and discretionary but... I would say there is no tipping at all anywhere in Australia.

I don’t know anyone that tips taxis or at restaurants! I love that Australia has great wages and that no one in this country has any expectation of a tip and think it should stay that way. Please don’t let the nonsense become an expectation here pleeeeeaasseeee.

Just came back from the US and I completely embraced it, but it is an awful system of how they don’t pay people and you have to tip even when you get mediocre service because they don’t get decent wages.

Keep tipping out of Australia I say, we do waaaaaay better without it, service is great and life is easier! :cool:

I realise tipping is entirely personal and discretionary but... I would say there is no tipping at all anywhere in Australia.

I don’t know anyone that tips taxis or at restaurants! I love that Australia has great wages and that no one in this country has any expectation of a tip and think it should stay that way. Please don’t let the nonsense become an expectation here pleeeeeaasseeee.

Just came back from the US and I completely embraced it, but it is an awful system of how they don’t pay people and you have to tip even when you get mediocre service because they don’t get decent wages.

Keep tipping out of Australia I say, we do waaaaaay better without it, service is great and life is easier! :cool:

i am glad people get paid here what they should be too , i will as my friends do give something in their tipping jar if we get good food and service etc it may not be heaps though but at restaurants we have done so , not all the time [can always afford it

We do not tip in Australia, the MAIN REASON is our workers are paid substantially more as an hourly rate than in the US. Even in our service industries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do not tip in Australia, the MAIN REASON is our workers are paid substantially more as an hourly rate than in the US. Even in our service industries.

Not always. Unfortunately the awards are ageist, with discrimination against younger workers, getting paid substantially less.

And that's not even getting into all the 'non-award' arrangements that go on in the service sector.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not always. Unfortunately the awards are ageist, with discrimination against younger workers, getting paid substantially less.

And that's not even getting into all the 'non-award' arrangements that go on in the service sector.

I would think that the lowest Australian wage even for someone under 15 would likely be substantially more than the lowest US wage.

For Australia,What is the current national minimum wage?

The national minimum wage is currently $18.29 AUD ($14.38 USD)

Age limitations garnish a percentage off the minimum wage

aged under 16 is 36.8% of the wage, 16=47.3%, 17=57.8%, 18=68.3%, 19=82.5%, 20 =97.7%

For the US, What is the current national minimum wage?

The national minimum wage is currently $7.25 USD ($9.22 AUD).

Non award wages have the US dropping down to below $2.50 USD, but many also only work for tips.

Edited by MicCanberra

I would think that the lowest Australian wage even for someone under 15 would likely be substantially more than the lowest US wage.

For Australia,What is the current national minimum wage?

The national minimum wage is currently $18.29 AUD ($14.38 USD)

Age limitations garnish a percentage off the minimum wage

aged under 16 is 36.8% of the wage, 16=47.3%, 17=57.8%, 18=68.3%, 19=82.5%, 20 =97.7%

For the US, What is the current national minimum wage?

The national minimum wage is currently $7.25 USD ($9.22 AUD).

Non award wages have the US dropping down to below $2.50 USD, but many also only work for tips.

As even the above shows you, the Australian 'minimum wage' under 16 is $6.73 AUD. ($5.29 USD). This is substantially less - not substantially more - than the US minimum wage of $9.22 AUD ($7.25 USD).

And as already said, there are also the numerous breaches in the hospitality industry where staff do not get the award wage, so it doesn't matter what the law says, but what happens in reality.

Edited by The_Big_M

As even the above shows you, the Australian 'minimum wage' under 16 is $6.73 AUD. ($5.29 USD). This is substantially less - not substantially more - than the US minimum wage of $9.22 AUD ($7.25 USD).

And as already said, there are also the numerous breaches in the hospitality industry where staff do not get the award wage, so it doesn't matter what the law says, but what happens in reality.

But you didn't take into account their age limits as well.

Youth $4.25 USD - The Fair Labor Standards Act has since September 1, 1996 allowed for persons under the age of 20 to be paid $4.25. ($5.39)