Coco Cay - Bungalow or Cabana

DeeDee316

Good evening everyone. Curious to see if you all would recommend a Bungalow or Cabana on Coco Cay? Going to be with a 2, 4, and 12 year old (and 2 adults). Looking for view of ocean obviously.. hopefully close so the kids can play. Any suggestions? TIA!:)

Everyplace has an "ocean view"...it's all a beach! With kids, I would just find 2 loungers...drag them into shade if you need it. The kids will NOT be using it...they'll be in the water, playing in the sand, running about. Don't get it for them!

Haha. I meant right in front of the water.. in some pictures it looked like there were a couple rows.

Everyplace has an "ocean view"...it's all a beach! With kids, I would just find 2 loungers...drag them into shade if you need it. The kids will NOT be using it...they'll be in the water, playing in the sand, running about. Don't get it for them!

We had a bungalow last March - I would recommend one in a heartbeat! We selected our food and bungalow number at the Shore Excursions desk, and got a bungalow in the front row, steps away from the water. Even if you get one in the second row back, they’re staggered so there’s still a view of the water. I booked a cabana on my December cruise, but we missed the port due to weather. :( Either way, I quite enjoyed the bungalow and its proximity to the water.

I almost did the same thing! I ended up booking the Bungalow last night. Price difference was only 20 bucks with the sale, so I almost got the Cabana. I liked the proximity to bathrooms that the bungalows have since I have littles with me. The cabanas also look really nice, and seem closer to the ship.. plus habe it's

own buffet. Im hoping we might be able to substitute if we don't like the choices from the bungalow menu (kids are picky).

Following this thread as we currently have on of each booked as I couldn’t figure out which was better. Or really what the difference is.

We have a bungalow for our March cruise on Anthem. I think it will be fun. I am sure we will be happy with any of them, but I welcome any suggestions on which one to select, if given the choice!

When you board you will find a note in your cabin to go to the Shore Excursions desk to pick your bungalow number and place your lunch order. As mentioned earlier, there are two rows of bungalows.

The following photo shows just a portion of the first row of bungalows closest to the ocean. The floating dock is past the farthest bungalow and the land bar is the other way, approximately six bungalows past the closest one shown. The pick up area for the shuttle to the dock is about two bungalows past the closest one shown. The restroom is behind the second row of bungalows almost directly back from the palm tree in the forefront of this photo. If you will be there during low tide and want to swim, the bungalows closest to the floating bar are a bit better.

2504770beb00840c91797bc9d0b5a544.jpg

This photo shows just a few of the bungalows in the two rows 4d8ac82d00febe598554779517b64332.jpg

Floating bar:

62c674a0b83d0814c9a48b49c4a34b38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the bungalows continue to have a food menu? I booked one for May 2018. I was told that we would have to take a tram to the buffet when I inquired about what would be available to eat. The description of the bungalow states that there is a buffet available.

Will the bungalows continue to have a food menu? I booked one for May 2018. I was told that we would have to take a tram to the buffet when I inquired about what would be available to eat. The description of the bungalow states that there is a buffet available.

We have rented a cabana twice and a beach bungalow twice, most recently in January. When renting the bungalow we have been given the option each time to order lunch off a limited menu for delivery directly to the bungalow. We could have opted to go to the buffet but thought the menu offerings were sufficient particularly given the convenience of having lunch delivered. Of course, things could change so I can’t say for sure whether it will be the same in May.

I have another bungalow reserved on CocoCay at the end of March. I will try to remember to report back on whether we were able to order off a menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have rented a cabana twice and a beach bungalow twice, most recently in January. When renting the bungalow we have been given the option each time to order lunch off a limited menu for delivery directly to the bungalow. We could have opted to go to the buffet but thought the menu offerings were sufficient particularly given the convenience of having lunch delivered. Of course, things could change so I can’t say for sure whether it will be the same in May.

I have another bungalow reserved on CocoCay at the end of March. I will try to remember to report back on whether we were able to order off a menu.

Thank you for the information and for offering to report back after your cruise. We are going to use it (if we can tender) regardless of whether food is delivered or not. Please do not think of me on what I hope will be a wonderful day for you:)