Guy's Burger Joint - Did I do it wrong?

JMCruising

They are smash patties, it's a particular way of cooking a burger where they smash the burger down on the grill really flat so it gets a really solid char on both sides. It's not overcooked, it's just the way those types of burgers are made. There are plenty of on land places that do the same thing. We have a place here called Sear Shack that is pretty much identical. It's not for everyone, but just because you like a thick medium cooked burger doesn't make a thin smash patty burger wrong. I personally appreciate both.

Back on the semi-original subject, I have definitely ordered a Ringer on embarkation day. I did it by accident because I really wanted a Pig Patty, but my brain short-circuited when I was at the front of the line and I said Ringer. They dutifully put the onion ring and bbq sauce on it for me. I was confused when he handed it to me because I was looking for the bacon. Then my brain finally caught up to me being stupid, I accepted my mistake and ate a tasty burger. 92 days until I get to redeem my ordering error and try a Pig Patty.

I had my first experience with Guy's last year on the Pride. I was a NewB and assumed if I just ordered a cheeseburger, I would get a "plain" cheesebruger. But I SHOULD have ordered it "Plain". It had lettuce and raw onions on it. I learned I needed to read the menu to know what, and how, to order.

You can't get an order of onion rings, but you can order the "Ringer" with the onion ring on the side!

I LOVED the mushrooms. I don't know what they cooked the in, but I sometimes went and got some 'shrooms all by themselves.

I enjoyed all the burgers I had and never got a dry one. They were a little greasy and messy, but hey, I like 'em that way.

Like you said, it’s a burger!!!! I never said it’s the best burger around. Tommy’s takes that honor. In-N-Out is overrated. Five Guys, meh. The Grill on lido is a step under In-N-Out I’d say. Guy’s is a hell of a lot better than Johnny Rockets for sure.

And imagine, Royal charges you $10 for that inferior Johnny Rockets burger. I am quite content with Guy's. Can't wait to get my next one!

Its a burger!!!! I have had Guys. Doesnt compare to In-N-Out or Five Guys....You get a couple of toppings. Next you are going to claim that the pickles and onions on the topping bar are the best anywhere anybody could have....:rolleyes:

I see similar reactions to the first Elegant evening...."Lobster!!!!!! Lobster!!!! stop everything you are doing, its lobster night"!!!!

Its lobster, its not that big of a deal. All i am saying is if the line is really that long for Guys, Its not like its a filet mignon burger served with foie gras spread. You arent really missing anything....Its a burger :')

These are first world problems. lol. And it is a burger. My 13 year old son looks at lobster and is like EHHHHH... and passes it over to me. Now put King Crab legs in front of him and he'll start growling at you like a dog if you come near his prize.

Bottom line it sounds like with anything, you order what you want. Or you accept what is handed to the masses and complain about it because you were afraid to ask. Sounds like Carnival is providing great customer service by having lots of burgers ready to go for the majority of people that just want a plain jane quickly they can do their way at the fixins bar and giving those who want one made up special the option to do that too by requesting just a few things be added behind the counter in a matter of seconds.