Guy's Burger Joint - Did I do it wrong?

JMCruising

I always ask for the Straight Up Burger. I think it has lettuce/tomato/onion on it, then I load it with toppings!:)

If they hand you a bun and cheese burger, refuse it, tell what you want! If they don't serve it to to you , walk away!.... Most times you will get the menu item of choice!!:)

They don't normally hand you a plain burger. They usually wait for you to tell them what you want. Sorry, not really buying this.

Everyone was just handed a cheeseburger on my Fantasy cruise. The staff didn't ask anyone what they wanted and just assembly lined cheeseburgers to each person.

Embarkation day they just give out plain cheeseburgers. There are too many people to customize on embarkation day. The next day is when you get the pig patty, or ringer.

I think you just made this up. The burgers are the same everyday, pre weighed at 4oz, it's on the video at Guys. They have a toppings bar for a reason

I was just on the Magic and noticed too that they were just handing everyone a plain Jane unless someone asked for something else. Looked like people new to guys really didn't know they could order off the menu.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Same experience I had on Conquest a few years ago. Normally I am not that big of a burger person. If we go to a fast food restaurant that is mainly a burger place, then I will order one, but we don't go that all that often. At home I rarely make burgers (unless I am on a low carb kick then I made them a lot) and its not something I usually order in a sit down restaurant. But I really enjoyed them on the cruise. They were juicy and had lots of toppings. I am all about the toppings. I have gone there and just did the toppings. :) I do wish they had other cheese options though. Bleu cheese would be awesome. And now I am craving a burger...

I miss the other things that were on the grill- chicken breast, tenders, thin fries.

Wife and I weren’t impressed whatsoever with the Off the Grill spot on Miracle. Everyone raves/ed about how good the chicken tenders, fries, and cheese sauce are. The burgers are decent I guess, but the fries and chicken fingers were dry every single day of the repo, and the cheese sauce was much more like a thin tasteless cheese soup than anything resembling a sauce much less cheese.

We’ll take Guy’s and Blue Iguana all day over that tasteless little grill area.

Ok, so now this makes me think that I’ve been ordering pizza wrong too- [emoji23]

I just take what they are serving. Can you actually order a pizza of your choice??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course you can. The toppings are right in front of them except for the greens they put on one of the pizzas (I forget the name). Feel free to ask for any topping combinations you want, and they’re happy to oblige. The pizza guy on Miracle even started giving me his favorite combos after a while.

Embarkation day they just give out plain cheeseburgers. There are too many people to customize on embarkation day. The next day is when you get the pig patty, or ringer.

Negative. You can request anything at any time including embark day. The menu on the wall is exactly that, a menu. It’s not suggestions. Lol

Do what you do when you’re in a land-based restaurant at home. Look at the gentleman or woman taking your order and tell them what you want. Don’t follow the sheep and just take what they give you. Who does that? Haha

Of course you can. The toppings are right in front of them except for the greens they put on one of the pizzas (I forget the name). Feel free to ask for any topping combinations you want, and they’re happy to oblige. The pizza guy on Miracle even started giving me his favorite combos after a while.

Thank you!

I actually feel kinda dumb because I’m not necessarily a new cruiser- we’re Gold. I’m not sure why I never made this connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Negative. You can request anything at any time including embark day. The menu on the wall is exactly that, a menu. It’s not suggestions. Lol

Do what you do when you’re in a land-based restaurant at home. Look at the gentleman or woman taking your order and tell them what you want. Don’t follow the sheep and just take what they give you. Who does that? Haha

Bingo!

Had a Guy's burger on the Magic and was not impressed. The "Dive In Burger Bar" on the HAL Eurodam was far better. So I am "one and done" for Guy's. Its OK - there is plenty of food on a cruise ship and I sure won't starve!

My experience at Guy's was on Carnival Liberty and I also was not impressed. I have had multiple experiences with HAL's Dive-In concept and it is far superior in my opinion.

Guy's: Much hype about very little--that's my opinion.

Not true. You can get what you want. All you have to do is ask for it. The burgers are made and handed to you. If you say nothing, you get the cheeseburger.

The system at Guy's is awesome. It really cuts down the line when everyone is able to customize their own burger. On my last cruise, it was readily available. the Mongolian Grill was great, but a cluttered mess. Say what you want about these burgers, but they are definitely not gross. They are far better than the previous grill, and they are free.

I was on the Liberty on November and was excited to try Guy's Burgers, as this was the first ship I was on that had it. When we went up to them, we were handed a plain burger and left to go put our toppings on from the toppings bar. My husband has pointed out the menus he has found online about the "Straight Up" and "Pig Patty." These seem like specifics that you order and they create for you. Am I wrong? Is Guy's just where you get handed a burger and then top it yourself, or can you order these?

Yes you can.

I think this post is so amusing, when did you last go to a hamburger joint and not speak? come on people they are there to serve you ask for what you want, you don't go shopping this way or to any restaurant your going to ask a server for what you want right not sit at Chili's and nod and expect your waitress to understand you! too funny people! I just got a cheese burger really people (sheep really) sorry but I love their burgers but have no hesitation to ask for how I want it.

So I did my homework before my first cruise with a Guy's onboard last September... I walked up and ordered a Ringer Pig Patty! The worker just laughed at me, and proceeded to assemble it for me! This was embarkation day. And I did notice that if you didn't speak up they would hand you a plain cheeseburger, so whoever was discounting this as being true is wrong (HavingFun2010???)

I blew it the first day, because I completely missed the toppings bar and just took it as they gave it to me- missed out on the caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms etc! Last time I made that mistake!

As for the person who asked about customizing the pizza you can absolutely ask them to mix & match toppings... my go-to was the Quattro Formaggia (cheese pizza) with pepperoni AND Funghi (mushrooms)!