Guy's Burger Joint - Did I do it wrong?

JMCruising

I'm a little puzzled by all the hoopla in this thread as well. While the workers at Guy's might not routinely ask you if you'd like one of the menu "specials," I've always been free to read the menu and ask (typically for a Ringer)...and gotten it just fine, without much, if any, extra waiting.

Even if I forget to speak up, the toppings bar is pretty awesome anyway, quickly converting a Plain Jane to something nice and customized.

BTW, I think you can make a "Straight Up" entirely at the toppings bar, since lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles as well as the "donkey" sauce are all available at the bar.

Can't tell you how much I missed having Guy's* on our last Royal cruise. The "beef" burgers on the buffet were...pretty bad. Methinks they doth protest too much.

---

* or, y'know, any of 3 or 4 other great lunch options Carnival routinely provides on its ships...and Royal doesn't.

You are correct on all counts. Although there is something to be said for the burgers cooked the day before in windjammer sitting in congealed fat juices, nothing good but still something to say. You can also go down to JR and pay 10 bucks for a seating charge...the burgers are free, the seat costs.... I heard they will be changing the seating to a per minute charge, and the latest is charging for the table also, because that def added to the ambiance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I understand the OPs confusion. When Guys was first on the ships it seemed like they asked everyone what they wanted OR everyone was looking at the menu and specifying. My last several trips, however, have been more like the experience of the OP. I only saw one or two people order anything from the menu any day and we as well as most others I saw just waited until a batch of cheeseburgers were ready and took it to the toppings bar. Not a complaint just observing how the line was working more recently. If I hadn't been before I would have wondered what the menu was for also.

Thank you. I was not complaining at all. I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, on second thought, the burgers are dry, the line is always HUGE, and that thing that looks like a menu is just a suggestion on how to build your own burger. Most of the time the burgers and fries are cold and disgusting. Everything bad you ever heard is true. Definitely stay away from Guy’s AND Blue Iguana next cruise!

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwww. The grossest ever.

;p You betcha! :cool:

Embarkation day they just give out plain cheeseburgers. There are too many people to customize on embarkation day. The next day is when you get the pig patty, or ringer.

That is totally not true. Been on 3 crises with Guy's and have gotten whatever we ordered on embark day.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Ok, so now this makes me think that I’ve been ordering pizza wrong too- [emoji23]

I just take what they are serving. Can you actually order a pizza of your choice??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, you have. I always get the Quatro Formagggi pizza and ask for mushrooms on it. I have to wait for it, but I got a piping hot pizza made to order in about 10-15 minutes. They have no problem doing that.

IMHO, Guy's Burgers applies methods of mass production to their burgers. Results depend on how long ago your burger was cooked. They're more concerned with keeping their line moving than with providing a custom burger experience. I've had great juicy burgers from Guy's and also dry, not so tasty burgers. Results are random dependent on how long ago my particular burger was cooked. I love the toppings bar because that is the best way to customize. You have to specify when your turn comes up in line which burger you want. The rest is up to you. But it may not result in a great burger experience dependent on how long ago your patty was cooked prior to being placed on your plate.

I have never seen Guy's not busy. They never have burgers sitting around because they're always busy.

I have never seen Guy's not busy. They never have burgers sitting around because they're always busy.

And even if you get a an older, dry patty or something, all you have to do is go back and ask for a nice, juicy fresh one. It's not like it would cost you anything extra.

And even if you get a an older, dry patty or something, all you have to do is go back and ask for a nice, juicy fresh one. It's not like it would cost you anything extra.

There is no such thing as a 'juicy' hamburger at Guy's. They are all overcooked. When you start with an 1/8" thick, 2 oz patty, the outcome is not in doubt. Even Crystal's is better. Save your time, go stand in a different line.

There is no such thing as a 'juicy' hamburger at Guy's. They are all overcooked. When you start with an 1/8" thick, 2 oz patty, the outcome is not in doubt. Even Crystal's is better. Save your time, go stand in a different line.

That's a broad brush you paint with. The burgers we had were very juicy. Probably one of the better burgers I've had anywhere.

Its amazing how marketing influences some....For years, the grill on the Lido deck has been serving burgers. No big deal. Fast forward to today and they stamp "Guys" on the outside, add a few toppings and people stand in line as its a "must have"....LOL, classic!!!!

The Grill and Guy’s are so far apart burger-wise, they may as well speak different languages. You obviously have never had both or you wouldn’t make such a statement. Lol

Its a burger!!!! I have had Guys. Doesnt compare to In-N-Out or Five Guys

Like you said, it’s a burger!!!! I never said it’s the best burger around. Tommy’s takes that honor. In-N-Out is overrated. Five Guys, meh. The Grill on lido is a step under In-N-Out I’d say. Guy’s is a hell of a lot better than Johnny Rockets for sure.

Its amazing how marketing influences some....For years, the grill on the Lido deck has been serving burgers. No big deal. Fast forward to today and they stamp "Guys" on the outside, add a few toppings and people stand in line as its a "must have"....LOL, classic!!!!

They are completely different burgers. I agree with AD5ZA. Take a few ounces of meat and squish to death on a grill, and you have a well done dry burger.

First of all, it's Krystal. Second, they are certainly not 2 oz burgers and not 1/8" thick. Also, I've never had a dry burger from Guy's.

I'm sorry, but a 2 oz patty is a slider patty, not a standard burger patty. 4 oz patty is a quarter pounder, and that is what Guy's starts with. You probably also think that an in is this ________________________ long. Have never had an overcooked patty at Guy's.

Like you said, it’s a burger!!!! I never said it’s the best burger around. Tommy’s takes that honor. In-N-Out is overrated. Five Guys, meh. The Grill on lido is a step under In-N-Out I’d say. Guy’s is a hell of a lot better than Johnny Rockets for sure.

Agreed 100%. Have had plenty of visits to Guy's without a long line. Get juicy burgers too. Can't stand Five Guys.