Flight out of Fort Lauderdale

Lhound92

It doesn’t matter if 1,000 people tell you that they made a flight that early. Their experiences have nothing to do with what yours will be. Things happen. Ships get delayed coming back into port. Customs can hold up a ship for one reason or another. There could be a medical emergency that takes priority over passengers being allowed to get off. You just never know. Why end your vacation on such a stressful note? Do the smart thing and book a later flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10:25 is very doable..... Yes....delays happen....but rarely. If he has options within 2 hrs....he might want to consider the later flight. If we are talking 10:30 vs 2:30....I would gamble on the 10:25 and he would likely have a 90% or greater chance of making that flight

We had a flight after noon from FLL (12:30? 12:45?). There were issues with customs and it took forever to get off the ship. No fault of Carnival, the line through customs was crawling - we barely made our flight running through the airport like lunatics. They closed the doors behind us.

Before: I would have been fine with the relatively low risk of an earlier flight.

After: Nope. I'd rather book later, take my leisurely time and not stress about what could/might/may go wrong (even though it'll probably turn out fine). Especially since we have to get all the way back to the left coast.

We had a flight after noon from FLL (12:30? 12:45?). There were issues with customs and it took forever to get off the ship. No fault of Carnival, the line through customs was crawling - we barely made our flight running through the airport like lunatics. They closed the doors behind us.

Before: I would have been fine with the relatively low risk of an earlier flight.

After: Nope. I'd rather book later, take my leisurely time and not stress about what could/might/may go wrong (even though it'll probably turn out fine). Especially since we have to get all the way back to the left coast.

You did self-assist?

Did you do self assist and were you amongst the first group off?

First of all, not everybody can do self assist and even if I chose to, why the rush to get off and get home ASAP and end your vacation?

Many times I have booked a 1230 flight and had a leisurely breakfast on the Lido deck and then sat around till they were kicking everyone off about 940 or so. Cleared customs, got our transportation and got to FLL around 1100, 90 minutes ahead of time. I can never comprehend why some want to rush off and get on with their lives while still on vacation.

First of all, not everybody can do self assist and even if I chose to, why the rush to get off and get home ASAP and end your vacation?

Many times I have booked a 1230 flight and had a leisurely breakfast on the Lido deck and then sat around till they were kicking everyone off about 940 or so. Cleared customs, got our transportation and got to FLL around 1100, 90 minutes ahead of time. I can never comprehend why some want to rush off and get on with their lives while still on vacation.

I know it may be hard for you to comprehend, but some of us have to go back to work the same day. Therefore, an early flight is the only option. No, I don’t want to choose to leave on a different cruise because the ones I want to go on all leave and come back on a Sat. So I do what must be done.

We did stay overnight once in FL after a cruise and even the kids said it was a big mistake. We just wanted to get home. We have also done the hours in the airport thing. How someone would want to sit there is also beyond my comprehension. If/when I am unable to do self assist, then I may reconsider. But unless I am physically handicapped then that won’t happen. I have learned to pack all of my things in a carry on sized suitcase and under seat bag.

I know it may be hard for you to comprehend, but some of us have to go back to work the same day. Therefore, an early flight is the only option. No, I don’t want to choose to leave on a different cruise because the ones I want to go on all leave and come back on a Sat. So I do what must be done.

We did stay overnight once in FL after a cruise and even the kids said it was a big mistake. We just wanted to get home. We have also done the hours in the airport thing. How someone would want to sit there is also beyond my comprehension. If/when I am unable to do self assist, then I may reconsider. But unless I am physically handicapped then that won’t happen. I have learned to pack all of my things in a carry on sized suitcase and under seat bag.

I never said that I wanted to sit in the airport all day Tiff. I had mentioned getting to FLL around 1100 for a 1230 flight. Depending upon the time of the year and the schedule, we have to make adjustments since we prefer either Southwest or Jet Blue. Will only fly American if we get a rock bottom price since I hate paying 25.00 per bag and no, I am not able to fit everything into a carry on and a personal size like you can. Like Gabriel Iglesias, I would be considered "fluffy".

I never said that I wanted to sit in the airport all day Tiff. I had mentioned getting to FLL around 1100 for a 1230 flight. Depending upon the time of the year and the schedule, we have to make adjustments since we prefer either Southwest or Jet Blue. Will only fly American if we get a rock bottom price since I hate paying 25.00 per bag and no, I am not able to fit everything into a carry on and a personal size like you can. Like Gabriel Iglesias, I would be considered "fluffy".

Fluffy?! LOL!!! Even when we had later flights like that we didn’t want any hiccups so we were amongst the first off. I’m a control freak when it comes to travel as you know. Get me there ASAP. I would rather be on my way home than sitting amongst the masses at the airport. Ugh I hate it.

Get yourself an AA card. No bag fees :).

Now if I could just win the lottery or find me a Sugar Daddy so I could take my time getting to the airport and not have to worry about getting back to the grind immediately, life would be great!

So, how are plans going for your Edge cruise? By the way, talking about being stuck in the airport...we were on the Escape during the hurricane in September and got extended a few days. The good thing was we got a small compensation, but the bad things weree having the drinks package cut off and then because of plane delays, we were stuck at FLL for 11 hours, from 1100 till 1000 pm.:mad:

So, how are plans going for your Edge cruise? By the way, talking about being stuck in the airport...we were on the Escape during the hurricane in September and got extended a few days. The good thing was we got a small compensation, but the bad things weree having the drinks package cut off and then because of plane delays, we were stuck at FLL for 11 hours, from 1100 till 1000 pm.:mad:

It’s going. I can’t wait for that one!! Ugh that would stink big time. Not the way I would want to end my vacation.