Help with Website - Select Dining

kdnmom

Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone has had this issue and conquered it and can give me advice. We are a family of 5 booked in two cabins for an upcoming cruise and have booked Select/Anytime Dining. Both reservations are under my control. I am trying to make dining reservations online. When I go into either reservation's Cruise Planner, click on Select Dining, then click on Add to Cart, it opens a window with the option to add guests to the reservation. I put in the name and other reservation number and a window opens within that page that just says "null".

I called the Celebrity number for website assistance (and waited on hold for 30 minutes). The nice receptionist said that she couldn't help with understanding the website error. (Isn't that what the website assistance number is for???) She did enter several reservations for me and sent me an email with all of those reservations listed. She said that the reservations are linked in their system and now that some reservations are made with them linked, I should be able to get in.

Well, I still have the same issue with the "null" error. Plus, when I go into the calendar, none of the reservations that she made are listed.

Do I really have those reservations?

Can anyone help me with a work-around?

Sorry so long! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Have you tried to enter just your reservations...and then separately book the other cabin. Don't try to link two reservations....there is no need to do it. When you get to the dining room for dinner, you all get in the same reservation line and they ask you how many are in your party....the only thing a reservation does is get you into the "reservation" line.

ghstudio, Thanks for the recommendation.

If you have a reservation, aren't they holding a table for you? A table for a party of 5 is different from one table for 2 and one table for 3. Part of why I wanted reservations is because a table for 5 can be difficult.

Also, if I try to do separate reservations, will that cancel the reservations that I already have, assuming that I do already have them?

Forget the website. If you called X and made the reservations and received an email confirmation of them then you are set. I was able to make ours online but then was never able to view them on site. X had sent me an email confirmation of my "purchases ($0.00)" and when I found I couldn't see them under my cruise planner I called X and an agent confirmed he was seeing what I had made.

I wouldn't do anything on the website...well, other than Online Check In and once the website wouldn't let me do even that! I had to call and give my passport numbers, etc., to an agent who filled out the form and emailed it to me.

"If you have a reservation, aren't they holding a table for you? "

Not necessarily. We had a reservation on our first night; upon our arrival, the dining room hostess asked us if we wanted to share a table, or dine at a table for two. At that point there were a number of tables available.

Once on board you can only reserve for the current and the next evening, so I called as soon as reservations opened up at 9:00 am., and was able to reserve for our preferred time. After the first night we were always seated in the same section, with the same wait staff.

Have you tried to enter just your reservations...and then separately book the other cabin. Don't try to link two reservations....there is no need to do it. When you get to the dining room for dinner, you all get in the same reservation line and they ask you how many are in your party....the only thing a reservation does is get you into the "reservation" line.

I have not seen a "reservation line" on my two recent cruises on Equinox. I was able to make reservations on line and linked with my travelling partners. It takes a lot of patience as you need to enter each night individually. In the end, the reservations all showed up on my Cruise Planner. The reservation line needs to be reinstated...otherwise, why bother to make reservations?

The first night is usually total chaos, but after that everything settled down and we had our favored waiter, time, and table every night.

ghstudio, Thanks for the recommendation.

If you have a reservation, aren't they holding a table for you? A table for a party of 5 is different from one table for 2 and one table for 3. Part of why I wanted reservations is because a table for 5 can be difficult.

Reservations don’t hold tables. It just enables you to join the “with reservations” line and be seated soon as. I don’t agree there should be a reservation system at all as it reduces flexibility for others. We’ve experienced on a couple of our recent cruises people who didn’t reserve online in advance being told they could only be seated at 5.30 or 8.45 or would have to share a large table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call Celebrity one touch. I did ours last week then friends wanted to join us so they did theirs separately. We got the e-mail with the entire 14 nights booked but then I checked with One Touch and the agent was wonderful. She linked our reservations so now we are all set. On Eclipse they do have the 2 lines. If you do not dine there on any night just let the maitre' d' know and they appreciate it.

As a tip. We don't go on the first night. We take advantage of the specials for the first night to avoid the chaos of the MDR. People don't know what to do, and it's just confusing until around night 2 or 3. Then we have had no issues at all.

Pat C

Call Celebrity one touch. I did ours last week then friends wanted to join us so they did theirs separately. We got the e-mail with the entire 14 nights booked but then I checked with One Touch and the agent was wonderful. She linked our reservations so now we are all set. On Eclipse they do have the 2 lines. If you do not dine there on any night just let the maitre' d' know and they appreciate it.

As a tip. We don't go on the first night. We take advantage of the specials for the first night to avoid the chaos of the MDR. People don't know what to do, and it's just confusing until around night 2 or 3. Then we have had no issues at all.

Pat C

Excuse my ignorance what is Celebrity Onetouch. Is that just something for you U.S. cruisers or can your poor cousins over the Pond in the U.K. utilise this

Excuse my ignorance what is Celebrity Onetouch. Is that just something for you U.S. cruisers or can your poor cousins over the Pond in the U.K. utilise this

\Sorry, should have said http://www.Celebrityonetouch.com. That is the web site. Better still , call the Captain's Club as stated. No problems with a phone call

Pat C

I contacted Celebrity directly and spoke with rep who claims they have issues with dining packages and to try again next week. We were book for 4 Night specialty dining and when I modified it and added guest from another cabin, their computer system cancelled my reservation and booked our friends in lieu. Very strange. I know for a fact it is Celebrity's computer system glitch because we are booked on another Celebrity cruise next year and we can't reserve/book any specialty dining packages for our March 2019 cruise either.