Cost Comparisons

eliana

Since Regent management are not responding in a prompt, courteous and professional manner to your reasonable complaint, you could report the matter to ABTA (RSSC UK is a member).

If nothing else, ABTA will force their member to make a proper response within a reasonable timescale.

Wow - things definitely are different in the UK. It would take a heck of lot more than an unanswered question for most of us in North America to write to an outside authority. I'm rather blown away by your post.

Beaujolais, try writing to the Jason Montague, President of Regent (if you need his email address, just ask - I don't have it in front of me right now). He will either respond or forward your question to someone at Regent Corporate in Miami that will respond.

Beaujolais,

ABTA is not an "outside authority".

It is an industry body that regulates its members through a voluntary code of conduct.

In beaujolais' case it would appear that Regent UK have breached that code of conduct in two ways. Firstly in the way it advertised the benefits of an on-board booking for UK guests and secondly in not addressing the subsequent complaint.

Hence it is not unreasonable to refer the matter; if only to elicit a timely and comprehensive response from Regent UK.

If emailing the President & CEO of Regent will have the same result then that is also a way to proceed; although I understood that beaujolais may have already tried that route without success.

It is unfortunate that Regent appear to have lost a customer to Silversea Cruises due to their management's inability to communicate adequately.

ABTA is not an "outside authority".

It is an industry body that regulates its members through a voluntary code of conduct.

If it is not a part of Regent, I consider it "outside" (meaning outside of Regent) and since you stated that "........ABTA will force their member to make a proper response within a reasonable timescale.", it sounds as if they have authority.

Stating that ".......it would appear that Regent UK have breached that code of conduct in two ways." are strong and serious allegations - especially without any proof.

Do not want to argue ......... simply want to give my view. Also, In my opinion, losing a customer to Silversea is not as serious as the allegation(s).

Marq,

It may have been my browser or win 10 configuration. Who knows. I just provided screen shots and detailed info on my configuration. I might had a special case that didn't work. Thank for the additional info on my comment.

I tried Google Chrome which did work for me but neither Internet Explorer nor Internet Edge worked under Win 10 under their latest upgrades.

Edited by Onkel_Ken

Hi Folks

I only wanted for a wider audience, especially in the UK, to see how Regent treats it's long term customers, we were Platinum Members, and how the UK T&C,s are as Flossie says are "Draconian"

The cruise is now cancelled but time is a great healer and I'm always changing my mind so maybe one day we will be back, it certainly seems Regent needs my business as I get a number of "special offers" every week

Hi Folks

I only wanted for a wider audience, especially in the UK, to see how Regent treats it's long term customers, we were Platinum Members, and how the UK T&C,s are as Flossie says are "Draconian"

The cruise is now cancelled but time is a great healer and I'm always changing my mind so maybe one day we will be back, it certainly seems Regent needs my business as I get a number of "special offers" every week

Have a great cruise on Silversea next week; we envy you leaving from Tower Bridge adjacent HMS Belfast.

If/when you do return to Regent and until/unless Regent amends its UK booking conditions (and treatment of alterations following on-board bookings) I can only suggest that you make all bookings, cancellations or alterations while you are on board if at all possible.