Balcony Discount and Shareholder OBC When Booking for a Group

Katie H

We are considering booking a family cruise where we would book 3 balconies and 2 insides. DH and I are D+ and shareholders. Nobody else in the group is either. We would be paying for all cabins. If DH and I book in separate cabins, can we each get the balcony discount? Can we also apply for shareholder OBC for the two cabins? I know the discount and shareholder don't usually combine but on occasion it slips by.

Also, the 2 inside cabins are for 5 children. There would be a 17 year old in each cabin. We thought that would work with insides across from the balconies that the parents are in, but we are looking at Harmony and I don't think there are any cabins like that. I did see some insides just up the hall a short distance from some Central Park balconies and OV balconies. Does anyone know the rules for putting children in a cabin without an adult? How close do they have to be to the parents?

The shareholder credit requires that the shareholder be booked into the cabin to get the credit.

I understand that. But if DH is in one cabin and I am in another, can we both get it? We are joint owners of the shares. I know there would be no chance to get it on the third through fifth cabins.

I understand that. But if DH is in one cabin and I am in another, can we both get it? We are joint owners of the shares. I know there would be no chance to get it on the third through fifth cabins.

I believe you can both get it if you are in deferent cabins as long as you have a statement that shows joint tenancy of the shares. I would suggest that you submit separate requests.

In order to get 2 shareholder benefits on the same cruise you would have to own 200 Shares. It’s irrelevant as it will be denied because of your balcony discount.

The cabin for the kids must be directly across the hall. We’ve been refused booking this way with the cabin off by one.

We are considering booking a family cruise where we would book 3 balconies and 2 insides. DH and I are D+ and shareholders. Nobody else in the group is either. We would be paying for all cabins. If DH and I book in separate cabins, can we each get the balcony discount? Can we also apply for shareholder OBC for the two cabins? I know the discount and shareholder don't usually combine but on occasion it slips by.

Also, the 2 inside cabins are for 5 children. There would be a 17 year old in each cabin. We thought that would work with insides across from the balconies that the parents are in, but we are looking at Harmony and I don't think there are any cabins like that. I did see some insides just up the hall a short distance from some Central Park balconies and OV balconies. Does anyone know the rules for putting children in a cabin without an adult? How close do they have to be to the parents?

You can both get the balcony discount but definitely not the shareholder OBC. That does not "slip by"