Mariner Society No Record of Cruises

myerspaul

In the 90s and early 00s I cruise HAL almost exclusively more than 60 cruise days on 8 different ships. When inquiring with the Mariner Society, they have no record of any of my past cruises. I am surprised, because when I did the same inquiry with Princess, they had all the records going even further back. Any ideas??

I know when I was attempting to get credit for a Carnival cruise I had taken back in 1985, Carnival accepted my boarding photo and a scan of my original paper boarding pass I had in a scrapbook and I got credit. HAL is owned by Carnival Corp so I'm willing to bet if you have any type of photographic evidence or paperwork to prove you were aboard, they'll give you credit.

I know when I was attempting to get credit for a Carnival cruise I had taken back in 1985, Carnival accepted my boarding photo and a scan of my original paper boarding pass I had in a scrapbook and I got credit. HAL is owned by Carnival Corp so I'm willing to bet if you have any type of photographic evidence or paperwork to prove you were aboard, they'll give you credit.

I ran into your same situation attempting to obtain past guest status with Cunard. No record of my TA on QE2 in 1980. I has able to provide them with a copy of a shipboard photo taken in the Dining Room on QE2 that had a date shown. That was proof enough for them.

Any paper documentation of the cruises that you might have in your "archives" could also be used to establish your past guest status.

Friends invited me to sail RI with them. I only sailed them once many years ago. Bec ause of this thread I just looked in the only p;lace I could iamgine I would find records of that sailing and anote of my FF #. Sure enough, thank you. :) I foun d the Crown & annchor Number and date 1992 and name of the ship If I choose to sail with those friends, I'm happy to have that inffo I have never heard form RCI in all these years a(well over 100 ccruises on other lines) nd wonder if they have record of that cruise.

In the 90s and early 00s I cruise HAL almost exclusively more than 60 cruise days on 8 different ships. When inquiring with the Mariner Society, they have no record of any of my past cruises. I am surprised, because when I did the same inquiry with Princess, they had all the records going even further back. Any ideas??

Start looking for photographs of those cruises

I had the same issue and was able to receive credit through our personal photographs showing parts of the ship and time stamped.

That is great. I have heard Mariners Society does try to work with people to get their days credited .

If you cruised with other people maybe you could give THOSE names to the Mariners' Society to help track down your cruises/day.

• 2 weeks later...

We ran into the same problem with HAL some years ago. They simply were not keeping good passenger records during this period. We gave up trying to get credit for a couple of cruises. Ran into the same problem with Celebrity but supplied photos of us on two cruises which they accepted as proof (even though the photos were not dated.)

For what it's worth, HAL just found the one time I'd sailed with them before on the

Ryndam in 2001 without my remembering the year (and therefor my ZIP code at

the time), and in spite of my thinking I'd sailed on the Rotterdam.

Had to correct my sig block. :rolleyes:

I recently booked another cruise and found out that I had 3 Mariner numbers. All 3 had my name a little different and the one that had my past cruise on it had an incorrect birthday. Just have them look up variations of your name and if you had other phone numbers or zip codes. I also was surprised to find out that my daughter has a mariner number and she hasn't sailed with Holland yet but my son did not have one and they have only sailed together. We've been on Princess so maybe they signed her up from there? Another thing that was strange was that both my parents were listed with my address. I've never sailed on Holland with my parents and they have never lived at my current address. My sister had my phone number and the wrong birthday and her husband, who hasn't sailed Holland either, has a number.

Their system seems to be all screwed up.

I recently booked another cruise and found out that I had 3 Mariner numbers. All 3 had my name a little different and the one that had my past cruise on it had an incorrect birthday. Just have them look up variations of your name and if you had other phone numbers or zip codes. I also was surprised to find out that my daughter has a mariner number and she hasn't sailed with Holland yet but my son did not have one and they have only sailed together. We've been on Princess so maybe they signed her up from there? Another thing that was strange was that both my parents were listed with my address. I've never sailed on Holland with my parents and they have never lived at my current address. My sister had my phone number and the wrong birthday and her husband, who hasn't sailed Holland either, has a number.

Apparently, sailing on any of the CCL brands will get you a Mariner number,

and, likely, so too will being given as an emergency contact. Explains a lot.

Good grief!