Time zone confusion

jayscore

I'm assuming our Ship's Time (Miracle From Tampa, April) will be U.S Eastern time And observing DST.

Three Ports; Cozumel, Belize, and Mahogany Bay are U.S. Central time, with NO DST.

Grand Cayman is in the Eastern time zone, also with NO DST.

For the first three ports, arrival time is 8:00AM , (Ship's time?) Making these port's local time two hours earlier than the Ship's arrival time. Correct?

Grand Cayman, being Eastern time zone will be one hour behind, right?

This brings me to ship sponsored excursions: are they at Ship's time, or local time?

Thanks so much in advance!

everyone will know the time on shore, they do this everyday. Private or ship's excursions are all on the same time, because they are the same vendors. Don't worry about it, the times are also on the Fun Times and the Hub App. Keep your watch on ship's time

everyone will know the time on shore, they do this everyday. Private or ship's excursions are all on the same time, because they are the same vendors. Don't worry about it, the times are also on the Fun Times and the Hub App. Keep your watch on ship's time

Do NOT rely on your smart phone's clock, as it may set itself to whatever the local time is in port. More than a few have missed the ship's departure because of this.

No need to over think this. The arrival and departure will be ship's time but it should equal the local time typically.

Guests are asked to observe ship time if there is a difference but in my experience it is same ship and shore.

Ships can and do change their clocks during the cruise sometimes to observe a different time zone.

Always go by ship's time. We took a cruise out of NOLA (CST) at Thanksgiving that called in Key West, Freeport, and Nassau (EST). Ship's time never changed. Ship excursions ran on ship's time. We had booked a private parasailing excursion in Key West, which caused some mild confusion on the time, but it was easily sorted out.

So, as you leave the ship, check the clocks (there is always at least one near the exit kiosks (the ones that go "DING" when you insert your keycard) and go by that -- no matter what your phone says.

Buy a cheap watch. Make sure it is set at the time the ship says to set it. Also change your phones time settings. Change it manual update time. Still don't count on it. Use a watch.

If it is a ship sponsored excursion, than it is the time the ship says it is. If it is a private excursion, verify with the company what time they want to use. Than make sure you have a watch with you set to the ship time. Did I say that enough? Watch, ship time, use it.

It's why I always have a wrist watch. Never trust your phone.

I am always flying across time zones for work, and rely on my android phone for the alarm clock.

I have found it's best to turn off the setting for "Automatically Set Date and Time", and just choose the time zone manually when I travel.

If you do that, you have no chance that the phone time will vary from ship's time, and you don't need to wear a watch and deal with that silly mark on your wrist that the sun won't hit.

I have found it's best to turn off the setting for "Automatically Set Date and Time", and just choose the time zone manually when I travel.

If you do that, you have no chance that the phone time will vary from ship's time, and you don't need to wear a watch and deal with that silly mark on your wrist that the sun won't hit.

This is exactly how we deal with staying on "ships time". It's a no brainer and you don't have to worry.

Do not over think about the time. First do not use your phone for the time because it will reset to local time. I use a watch and just before you leave the ship there should be a clock at the gangway saying "Ship time is XXX last time for boarding is XXX and departure time is XXX" Set your watch to SHIP TIME, EVERY TIME and you will never have the problem of "Oh $H!T" I missed the ship.

CARIBBEAN TIME ZONES

In the Caribbean most nations use one of two time zones. From west to east they are GMT -5 and GMT -4. Areas in the Caribbean which use the GMT -5 time zone correspond with Eastern Standard Time in the United States and Canada. Areas in the Caribbean which use the GMT -4 time zone correspond with the Atlantic Standard Time Zone which is used in Puerto Rico. These corresponding time zones do not always result in the same local time due to daylight saving time not being observed in all locations.

Daylight Saving Time in the Caribbean is used by several countries, including the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Cuba. The beginning and ending times vary for each nation.

I copied this from timetemperature.com and it relates to the above map. I thought it would all get copied as one.

I'm assuming our Ship's Time (Miracle From Tampa, April) will be U.S Eastern time And observing DST.

Three Ports; Cozumel, Belize, and Mahogany Bay are U.S. Central time, with NO DST.

Grand Cayman is in the Eastern time zone, also with NO DST.

For the first three ports, arrival time is 8:00AM , (Ship's time?) Making these port's local time two hours earlier than the Ship's arrival time. Correct?

Grand Cayman, being Eastern time zone will be one hour behind, right?

This brings me to ship sponsored excursions: are they at Ship's time, or local time?

Thanks so much in advance!

In April, after DST begins....

Miami will be on Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4 hours)

Cozumel will be on Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5 hours)

Belize will be on Central Standard Time (GMT -6 hours)

Mahogany Bay (Honduras) will be on Central Standard Time (GMT -6 hours)

Grand Cayman is on Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5 hours)

So...assuming the ship stays on Miami time,

Cozumel time will be one hour behind ship time

Belize time will be two hours behind ship time

Mahogany Bay time will be two hours behind ship time

Grand Cayman time will be one hour behind ship time

Do not over think about the time. First do not use your phone for the time because it will reset to local time. I use a watch and just before you leave the ship there should be a clock at the gangway saying "Ship time is XXX last time for boarding is XXX and departure time is XXX" Set your watch to SHIP TIME, EVERY TIME and you will never have the problem of "Oh $H!T" I missed the ship.

go to settings, date & time, turn off set auto, and your phone will change off ship's time