What changes should be made to VIFP?

Joebucks

Even if it's not directly money-based, you should EARN at least somewhat proportionately to what you shell out for your cabin. Forget the folio for a moment and consider just cabins alone. Maybe a multiplier based on cabin type, even something simple like:

Inside cabin = 1x points

O/V = 1.25x points

Balcony = 1.5x points

Suite = 2x points

Not sure i understand why change based on room level or amount paid. Should you also base on what deck you are on, as higher decks generally pay more? Don't think that's the right approach.

It could also be that person booking early ocean view with promo offering pays less than person who book interior later.

In theory Carnival is pricing their room to make a certain margin, so inside or outside they make an expected level of return, so why different multiplier?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

There needs to be a level between Platinum and Diamond. Currently at 101 nights with 29 more nights booked. But it’s a large gap from 75-199.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why when benefits between Platinum and Diamond already have minimal difference in perks. Based on differences today, what would you think would be meaningful perks to offer for that new level.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Even if it's not directly money-based, you should EARN at least somewhat proportionately to what you shell out for your cabin. Forget the folio for a moment and consider just cabins alone. Maybe a multiplier based on cabin type, even something simple like:

Inside cabin = 1x points

O/V = 1.25x points

Balcony = 1.5x points

Suite = 2x points

Falls apart for gamblers who get discounted, if not free cabins. And rack up nights at the same time.

With that, Carnival should really look at what would really be of value to offer before even considering additional changes to number of levels now offered.

How does this sound for Platinum and Diamonds....BOGO Specialty Dining and one free 8x10 photo. They would still make money on the first perk and the cost of a photo is minimal.

I find equating "loyalty" with money spent to be perverse. Tell a widowed mother working 2 jobs that she is not loyal to her children. Money buying "loyalty" is a sick concept. If it was a "rewards" program, I could see the logic of money spent equaling higher benefits. Loyalty is determined by the duration of the partnership, not how much money you can throw at it. If it is money thrown at something, I know a few men that are very loyal to hookers. It aught to be enough that a person can afford a better room than the poor slob scrimping and saving. It appears that it is not. The beautiful people want to make the time the less fortunate spend on the ship mean they are less loyal. I would suggest the person budgeting and cruising only Carnival is more loyal than the rich person who cruises whenever and wherever they want.

I just wish they would do a little more for gold level. A bottle of water , and a free drink (at a specified time, ie after 5pm on the last day), and a pin, that it seems rarely gets given these days, is really not much IMO. So maybe a free drink, anytime during the cruise, one other small perk of choosing? Doesn't rally matter much to me anymore because my next cruise will not likely be for a few years, and then probably will be on another more solo cruiser friendly line. But that is my input on the question. Just a wee crumb more than we get now.

I find equating "loyalty" with money spent to be perverse. Tell a widowed mother working 2 jobs that she is not loyal to her children. Money buying "loyalty" is a sick concept. If it was a "rewards" program, I could see the logic of money spent equaling higher benefits. Loyalty is determined by the duration of the partnership, not how much money you can throw at it. If it is money thrown at something, I know a few men that are very loyal to hookers. It aught to be enough that a person can afford a better room than the poor slob scrimping and saving. It appears that it is not. The beautiful people want to make the time the less fortunate spend on the ship mean they are less loyal. I would suggest the person budgeting and cruising only Carnival is more loyal than the rich person who cruises whenever and wherever they want.

I'm hurt by the implication that if I'm not a widowed mother with 2 jobs that I'm a "beautiful people" or "rich" or feel I'm better than a "poor slob scrimping and saving".

I held a job from the time I was 16. I worked my way through college. I taught school for 38 years. My DH worked hard as well never being without a job for more than a week.

We saved our money and now that we're retired we can travel. Nobody handed us anything. We earned what we have.

I'm sorry you're feeling so upset.

So you think the guy that flies 10 round trips in non-refundable economy should get the same frequent flier miles as the guy that books 10 full fare first class trips? Sorry, no, that's not how the real world works.

So you think the guy that flies 10 round trips in non-refundable economy should get the same frequent flier miles as the guy that books 10 full fare first class trips? Sorry, no, that's not how the real world works.

I agree, it's ridiculous that an inside cabin accrues any the same rate as the captains suite.

Something to keep in mind for those wanting inter-line credits or discounts is the OBC available to Carnival shareholders. We have 100 shares in my hubby's retirement account and another 100 shares in my retirement account. The stock has more than doubled in value since we first bought it. The stock pays a nice quarterly dividend, PLUS you can get the OBC on every cruise ship owned by Carnival. For anything up to a 6 day cruise, you get $50. For 6-13 day cruises, you get $100. For 14+ day cruises, you get $250. We've used this benefit on Carnival, Princess and Holland America. Hubby and I have each invested just under $3000 apiece ($6000 total) and now have stock holdings worth over $12,000, and have received about $1,000 in OBC in addition to all of the dividends. For our upcoming cruise on Valor, the $50 OBC was posted to our cruise less than 24 hours after faxing them the necessary document. In case you're wondering, the reason we both own 100 shares of stock is that the owner of the stock MUST be one of the passengers in the cabin to receive the credit. Just for the record, Royal Caribbean stock was also a GREAT investment! I bought that stock 2 years ago just to get the $100 OBC on a cruise. Was gonna sell it a few months later, but it kept going up so much that I've kept it. Bought it at about $75/share. Now worth close to $130/share.

I think the poster mix a good point about there is a difference between a loyalty program and rewards program

I don’t have the answers on what each program should be but I think it is a good point that there is a difference between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the poster mix a good point about there is a difference between a loyalty program and rewards program

I don’t have the answers on what each program should be but I think it is a good point that there is a difference between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for seeing my point. There is a difference between loyalty and earned rewards.