Disembarkation help (Port Canaveral to Orlando MCO)

Tierlifer

Hi All...I stumbled onto this fantastic message board over the weekend. The GF and I booked our very first cruise in early August (Carnival Liberty). I discovered the search feature and have been soaking up all the tips and tricks and recommendations as much as I can.

However I did a few searches and have more of a specific question regarding disembarking at Port Canaveral. I already booked a flight set to leave Orlando (MCO) at 12:15. We are set to arrive at Port Canaveral at 8:00 am. From everything I have read and been told an Uber is about 50 or so minutes to MCO from Port Canaveral. This takes in account that rush hour on a Thursday will be basically over. Will we be cutting it too close to arrive at MCO and dealing with check in, TAA screening for our return flight at 12:15. This is definitely something I did not consider when booking the return flight.

If it helps we booked a suite so I believe we have early embarkation and disembarkation included with our booking.

I guess my question is what time from when that ship docks to I get into our Uber should I be looking at? I've read so many different things on disembarking on here my head is going to spin haha. Again..I'm a rookie so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and we can not WAIT to go cruising'!!

I plan backwards.

Your flight departs at 12:15

Airline recommends you get to airport to check in, get through TSA, and get to gate 2 hours early. Of course there is some wiggle room here but you’re not familiar with the airport, the TSA patterns, so let’s go with it.

Arrive at airport at 10:15

1 hour drive from PC to MCO

Luggage in car and ass in seat at 9:15 AM

30 minutes to get luggage and get thru customs and immigrations.

Off ship by 8:45AM

There are variables that I’m not including. Late ship arrival, customs not clearing the ship in timely manner, accident on freeway, etc.

For those variables, I’d throw in an extra hour. Off the ship by 8AM at the latest.

I’d rather be 2 hours early than 1 minute late.

Edited by klfrodo

we had a 10:56 flight and made it without a problem we were in a mini suite so that included one of the first groups for embarkation and debarkation ship arrived early and we were off by 7:30 we rented a car and the drive was very easy.....and boring!

we had a 10:56 flight and made it without a problem we were in a mini suite so that included one of the first groups for embarkation and debarkation ship arrived early and we were off by 7:30 we rented a car and the drive was very easy.....and boring!

Off ship by 8 AM at the latest.

We stayed at the Hyatt in the airport pre and post cruise and basically spent a lot of time people watching either from our balcony or downstairs.

Now, I'm used to busy airports but MCO is weird. For much of the day, PreCheck lines can be a lot longer than non-PreCheck. They get so much family travel that you almost certainly will need as much time for security as you can.

Ask on that FL Departures section, but I'd bank on leaving the ship as early as possible. I'd say it's doable though.

It will work easily as long as security at the airport is not crazy. I think we were at Disney by 9:30 am when we did it. Do yourself a favor and watch the security lines for a couple of minutes before getting in line at MCO. The security side we went through, the people on the far left were probably home before we made it through security. Basically, the line gets so backed up after you show your documents that they halt the "show your documents lines" There were about 20 of those lines. The inside line would clear enough to let people in front of 2 "show your document lines" and those two lines would starting letting people in, filling up the cue again before line 18 ever got clear space. I stood as number 2 in the show your document line number 18 while line 2 cleared through 3 whole times before I ever got let into the scanner line. That said, it was the weekend after New Years, so I doubt it will be that bad. Also, Taxis to the the airport from the terminal are cheaper than Uber. If there are two of you, they will put you in a shared taxi.