Breakaway Baltic going to Nynashamn instead of Stockholm?

EllieinNJ

Does anybody have any thoughts as to where the transfer might drop us off? I would assume pickup would be in the same place.

Presumably the same place as the paid-for shuttle buses - if NCL would otherwise offer 'Stockholm on Your Own' - I don't know where that is, but I'll take a look at some threads from last season to see if anyone mentions it.

Same thing for the June 25th sailing. The port website still says we’re docking in Nynäshamn. But I see that our itinerary is slightly different then the one listed above. They may not have gotten to ours yet and will get the notice later.

I am on the August 27 sailing and it was always listed as Nynashamn on our itinerary.....so I guess no complimentary shuttle for us!

I have attached the email from Stromma.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, we will send buses to Nynäshamn for your incoming cruise ship. The buses will arrive just after the cruise ship arrives and will take as many passengers as possible. From arrival, the buses will wait for a maximum of 1 hour, if the bus isn’t already full. The journey to Stockholm will take approximately one hour, depending on the traffic. The buses will stop at Gustav Adolfs Torg in Stockholm, from where you can explore Stockholm on your own, or continue with the bus on the regular Hop On Hop Off tour, which will take you around the city and show some of the best points of interest.

Transfer to Stockholm from Nynäshamn is included with our regular Hop On Hop Off tickets, and is also valid for transfer back to the cruise ship. Transfer back to the cruise ship will be planned so you are back on your cruise ship at least one hour before the ship departure and the exact time will be announced to you on the transfer with our buses in to Stockholm. The pick-up place for the transfer back to the ship will be the same as the drop-off point.

The tickets you can buy ahead online are:

24h Bus Hop On - Hop Off Sightseeing

SEK 288*

Children 6-15 years: Half price

Children 0-5 years: Free of charge

24h Bus & Boat Hop On - Hop Off Sightseeing

SEK 405*

Children 6-15 years: Half price

Children 0-5 years: Free of charge

*The price above is with the 10% online discount we have for booking online. The regular price for the bus is SEK 320 and for the combination bus + boat SEK 450, which is also the price for purchasing the ticket at the dock/bus.

You can easily book and pay your tickets in advance and read more on our webpage: https://www.stromma.se/en/stockholm/cruise/

When you arrive just show the ticket at the bus. You don’t need to specify or select in the booking that you will take the transfer.

You can also purchase the ticket on the bus in the morning, but it’s recommended to book your tickets in advance.

For tickets on the bus, you can pay with credit card or cash. We take SEK, EUR and USD. Note that all change will be given back in SEK. We have no discounts for students or seniors.

You can find the route for our regular Hop On Hop Off buses here: https://www.stromma.se/globalassets/sweden/stockholm/product_maps/hopon-hopoff_bus/hoho_map_2017_high-oct.jpg

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice evening!

Med Vänlig Hälsning/Best Regards

Sara Olsson

Innesälj

Indoor Sales

STRÖMMA Turism & Sjöfart AB

Svensksundsvägen 17, SE-111 49 Stockholm, Sweden

tel: +46 (0)8-1200 40 00

fax: +46 (0)8-1200 40 30

sara.olsson@stromma.se

www.stromma.com

STROMMA operates in: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Uppsala, Copenhagen,

Helsinki, Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Geiranger, Ålesund, Amsterdam and Utrecht

v02_mail_Sthlm_475x85px

Member of Gray Line

Like us on FacebookFollow us on Instagram

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----

Från: Jamie Cooprider [mailto:daskathaus@aol.com]

Skickat: den 20 mars 2018 17:10

Till: bokning@stromma.se

Ämne: Stockholm hop on hop off bus question

Hello!

I will be cruising to Sweden on the Norwegian Breakaway in June 2018. I just found out we will be docking in Nynashamn instead of Stockholm on 23.6.18. Do your busses pick up at that port? And if they do, should I purchase my tickets now?

Any assistance you can provide will be helpful!

Thank you!

Renee Cooprider

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is very interesting and very nice for that company to do this.

Just read that NCL is providing free shuttles into Stockholm on the cruises where the docking was listed as Stockholm and not

Nynashamn. Nice of NCL to do this, but it still doesn't get one thru the archipelagic.

Cheers

Len

Once again, Stockholm is VERY easy to do on your own. If NCL is providing a shuttle, and any wishing to go to the Vasa Museum, do your best to get on the earliest shuttle into Stockholm. Depending on how many ships are in port the day you are there, Vasa tens to get very crowded and they limit the number of people allowed in at any time. People have been known to wait over an hour for entrance. I believe after June 1, Vasa opens at 8:30AM. Those already booked on an excursion, basically just to get into Stockholm, I would try and cancel it. You can do much better on your own.

Depending on what you want to see, start at Vasa, work your way over to the Palace where they have a changing of the Guard ceremony every day and from there you are near Gamla Stan, (the Old City), where you can get some food and just wander these wonderful streets. There is a lot more to do, and, as I have said before, drop in on the Baltics port of call board

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

and you can get all the info you will ever need about doing Stockholm and all the other ports on this cruise, on your own.

Cheers

Len

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the email from NCL re: itinerary change - but since our itinerary has always said Nynashamn (Stockholm) Finland, the only change was our port times 7 am- 7 pm. They have now listed all sailing through the end of September.

I've been keeping an eye on this topic for a while and am surprised that the labeling of Stockholm rather than Nynashamn as the port is a shock. The big ships are not suitable for a reliable sailing through the archipelago. Although I often go with NCL, I would choose another line for this voyage if I wanted the archipelago experience.

Also, like others have pointed out, most cruise lines list the major destination rather than the actual port: London is really Southampton or Dover, Rome is Civitavecchia, etc.

Hi all,

I'll post this question in the Ports of Call board too, but has anyone taken the Archipelago boat tours?

https://www.stromma.se/en/stockholm/cinderella-boats/

I'm so frustrated that NCL changed this itinerary AFTER final payment that I'm researching a way to still cruise the Archipelago on a day tour.

Anyone with any experience doing this?

Lynne

• 1 month later...

We sailed on the Star 2016 to the Baltic’s. Sailing thru the archipelago was beautiful! I was bummed when I missed out on the bigger newer ship(getaway) when they changed. Now I don’t feel so bad.

Kerri

Stockholm is absolutely amazing - and so smart to book an itinerary that includes an overnight! It is beautiful and so worth touring.

We were supposed to dock in Stockholm so we had to scramble to change tour, etc. the biggest issue is that it is far from Stockholm (and we hit huge traffic) and really eats into the limited time you have in port. I was also personally really disappointed not to go through the archipelago.

I'm curious as to how many Getaway cruises actually ported in Stockholm. We paid extra to dock in Stockholm and it felt a bit like a bait and switch to advertise docking in Stockholm when in reality it seems to hardly happen.

My cruise on Getaway last year docked at Nynashamm. The guide on our NCL tour (Skansen Museum, which is on the same museum island as the Vasa, Abba and Viking museums) said that Getaway was too big to sail through the archipelago.

That said, my very first cruise was the same itinerary on NCL Sun and we docked at Nynashamm then too. At least now there is a pontoon bridge to the quayside rather than tender boats!