On Oasis now! Any questions ?

Can you or anyone tell me how Falmouth is? I had read PAST reviews about " It is scary and I'm cancelling my excursion!" How is it now though? We go in 2 months so I want to know how it is NOW verses 6 months ago.

Thanks to everyone

Many people will tell you how horrible and scary Jamaica is. All parts of it. The truth is that what makes it horrible and scary is the attitude you have when you get there. People will approach you to try to sell you stuff. Just keep walking.

I have been to Jamaica both by plane and ship. Falmouth, Ocho Rios and Kingston. I had a blast every time and guess what...I made it out alive, too.

Have fun! :p

Many people will tell you how horrible and scary Jamaica is. All parts of it. The truth is that what makes it horrible and scary is the attitude you have when you get there. People will approach you to try to sell you stuff. Just keep walking.

I have been to Jamaica both by plane and ship. Falmouth, Ocho Rios and Kingston. I had a blast every time and guess what...I made it out alive, too.

Have fun! :p

So no different than Bahamas or Mexico.... OK, I can handle that.

Thanks!!:)

So no different than Bahamas or Mexico.... OK, I can handle that.

Thanks!!:)

As with any part of your vacation, it is what you make it. It's a shame that people are so terrified of Jamaica. Check the news, I haven't read about any Royal Caribbean passengers going missing, or being robbed, harmed or anything like that. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't stop at the port.

I hate to say it in 2018, but I suspect it's the way that Jamaican people "look" that makes some travelers fearful. I won't go into details, but I'm sure you catch my drift. :(

As with any part of your vacation, it is what you make it. It's a shame that people are so terrified of Jamaica. Check the news, I haven't read about any Royal Caribbean passengers going missing, or being robbed, harmed or anything like that. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't stop at the port.

I hate to say it in 2018, but I suspect it's the way that Jamaican people "look" that makes some travelers fearful. I won't go into details, but I'm sure you catch my drift. :(

If you are implying the color of their skin I’d have to disagree. Hung out with a very nice couple we met one cruise and let’s just say by looks they could fit in Jamaica much better than me.

I was quite surprised at their reaction to Falmouth and it wasn’t a good one. Let’s face it, when it comes to pushiness (which is rudeness in our culture) towards tourists Jamaica ranks at or near the top in the Caribbean. This is why a lot of people don't like the place. There is some reason to fear a place where you are constantly and relentlessly solicited illegal drugs.

I don’t care what color you are or how you where your hair, if you don’t leave people alone even when they ignore you it is gonna rub most the wrong way. That is the main issue period. It is the behavior not how they look imo.

With all that said I’ve had fun in Jamaica but it is my least favorite on cruise stops.

Great to hear that they are not limiting the restaurants for FNDR. Only 9 more days till we sail on her.

I wonder if you will be at any ports with Adventure that week?

If you are implying the color of their skin I’d have to disagree. Hung out with a very nice couple we met one cruise and let’s just say by looks they could fit in Jamaica much better than me.

I was quite surprised at their reaction to Falmouth and it wasn’t a good one. Let’s face it, when it comes to pushiness (which is rudeness in our culture) towards tourists Jamaica ranks at or near the top in the Caribbean. This is why a lot of people don't like the place. There is some reason to fear a place where you are constantly and relentlessly solicited illegal drugs.

I don’t care what color you are or how you where your hair, if you don’t leave people alone even when they ignore you it is gonna rub most the wrong way. That is the main issue period. It is the behavior not how they look imo.

With all that said I’ve had fun in Jamaica but it is my least favorite on cruise stops.

RCCL should trade out Jamaica for Grand Caymen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you still need to prebook to see the diving show?

Did not see an option for that entertainment like you need for other shows. In the past you needed to.

Thx

We pre booked all shows in the cruise planner!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your time and review. I got off her in October, and another poster on this board is really trashing the Oasis, and all I could say to myself is that I just got off and I didn't notice anything they said such as being dirty, bad service and dirty stateroom, etc. I am glad the Oasis remains to be what I remember it to be back in October. I will be back on her next month and in October.

Would you happen to know who the next captain would be?

I can't wait till I get on the Oasis and see all the workers again that I made friends with back in October, I going to say "I AM BACK", I can't wait.