Signs on the cabin door?

paul1815

You are writing tongue in cheek, right? It's no secret at all. Room numbers include the deck level as the first digit. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TIC, you figured me out! I was on a cruise with a group once. The group leader (AAA) wanted participants to put (leave) the sign so contact with group members was easier. We took ours off but this could be a reason. Once we figured out the “secret “ code, everything thing was simple, except, you do have to be on the correct level 😳

My mother used to have 'this left and that left' . She wasn't a great navigator!!

Our trips included words like "Which way? Left? Right?" Followed by "There it was!" or "Arg! Too late! We missed it. Now what?". [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

The last cruise we were on there was a sign made with construction paper and black magic marker (just a smiley face drawn) with the message "Jim this is your cabin". LOL Obviously not brought from home and obviously someone was having trouble.

I saw no signs on our very recent Viking Sea cruise. There may have been some but not in our section. Someone asked me to test if the doors were magnetic. They are not [emoji16]. I bring magnetic clips for thing like excursion tickets, so I tried one on the door and it promptly fell to the floor.

The cabin walls are magnetic, however.

I don’t normally have problems finding my room, so I don’t require a sign. And again, I didn’t see any others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw no signs on our very recent Viking Sea cruise. There may have been some but not in our section. Someone asked me to test if the doors were magnetic. They are not [emoji16]. I bring magnetic clips for thing like excursion tickets, so I tried one on the door and it promptly fell to the floor.

The cabin walls are magnetic, however.

See, this is what I love about this site. Everybody helps each other out by checking out things and reporting back with answers to all our questions, big and small.

I love that we can ask little questions like whether the doors are magnetic, and not only do people here not dismiss you but they actually try to find out for you! How great is that??

We were on a river cruise over the 4th of July and put some red/white/blue decorations on the outside of the door, probably just stuck behind the room number plaque. I don't remember that we've done anything similar in an ocean cruise....yet!