Escape or Epic

pamcdon

I’ve been on the Epic three times & loved it but you sort of lose your connection to the sea ..... many refer it to a floating hotel. The Escape has so many outdoor areas so for me I choose the Escape.

Hubby and I haven't sailed with NCL in many years. We've been sailing on RCL lately but want to try NCL again. Can't decide on Escape or Epic. Any advice?

Choose by itinerary.

If it just ships, the Epic is a better ship for Haven guests.

The Escape is a better ship in general. Lots more to see and do.

Both the Epic and Escape are Quantum Class sized ship (in RCL-speak). Need to pre-book big shows and specialty dining reservations.

We got off Epic today, and while we had a good time overall, Epic has its problems and we will never sail her again. Most problems are directly related to her size and design. We've now sworn off all mega ships, and will now be looking at ships in the 2-2.5K passenger capacity range. Trip report coming this week.

We sailed Escape in the fall of 2017 and really enjoyed it. I've never been on Epic, but don't think I'd ever sail her because of the cabin set up. I am not a fan of the bathroom sink being in the main cabin.....or of the toilet being separate from the hand wash basin. Not very practical. To say nothing of the shower being separate from both of these other elements. I will not book the Epic because of this impractical configuration. It just would not work for us.