Organising wait staff for sailaway party

Deeliteful

Hi, I usually organise a sailaway party for our roll call and on my next cruise there will be at least 53 attending :eek:

This is the largest number to date.

I have contacted X in Miami so that they can give the heads up to hotel director or whoever to ensure there are enough people serving drinks on the rooftop terrace.

Fingers crossed, but if they don’t do that who should I see when I board?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I usually organise a sailaway party for our roll call and on my next cruise there will be at least 53 attending :eek:

This is the largest number to date.

I have contacted X in Miami so that they can give the heads up to hotel director or whoever to ensure there are enough people serving drinks on the rooftop terrace.

Fingers crossed, but if they don’t do that who should I see when I board?

Thanks for any help.

You should contact the Events Coordinator.

Remember that they are very busy on turnaround day and may not have extra staff to spare. They usually have all available servers working at that time since they want to sell, sell, sell!

Remember that they are very busy on turnaround day and may not have extra staff to spare. They usually have all available servers working at that time since they want to sell, sell, sell!
You never know, 53 potential upsell victims (oops I meant customers) might be a big enough target for X to assign a couple of junior upsellers to give them some practice. [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the sail away parties I've attended had quite a few more than 53. It's also true that you probably will not have everyone show up. People get distracted. All the staff will be very busy trying to serve all their customers.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the sail away parties I've attended had quite a few more than 53..

That is because you are so wonderful, everyone wants to sail with you. ;) :D

Thanks for the replies - I will contact the events organiser when I am onboard. I think it's only courteous to explain how many of us will be on the rooftop terrace as they don't always have lots of servers up there.

Cheers

Pat

Have had Sail always with over 80 people plus those that are at the Sunset bar on their own, never requested or needed extra wait staff.

Some percent who show up for Sail Away never order a drink, they are there to met the others from the Roll Call and in our experience they all don’t show up at once, they trickle in over a period of time.

Enjoy!

We had over 500 passengers on our roll call, at least half showed up for the sail away party up at the Sunset Bar. While we had to wait to get a drink, everyone was eventually served. They were hustling, that's for sure, but don't think any more bodies could have fit behind that bar.

If the passengers aren’t being served and want a drink there are a few choices.

Move down to the where the servers are by that Sunset Bar and then take the drink up the steps or just stay at the Sunset Bar,

The other is to ask everyone that needs or wants a drink to get one before going to that location. It would probably be easier because the servers would have to get the drinks from the deck below and I doubt that many of them would go past the other passengers in a area that is easier to service to serve those on the terrace.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We have suggested people take a drink with them. There are always servers on the terrace but just thought it would help to tell X, however looks like there are some much bigger numbers than ours, so won’t stress about it!