using ccl even though we flew in night before

gr8tfulscott

Anyone have any trouble using ccl transfers even though flying in night before and shuttling back to airport.

they want only same day flying passengers to use ccl transfers. i'm thinking just give them a flight number of same day.

anyone have any problems with ccl

who says they only want same day passengers? We have done it numerous times, at 3 different ports. We fly in day before, stay at local hotel, then go back to airport for shuttle. Never had a problem. We did it just last week in Houston/Galveston.

who says they only want same day passengers? We have done it numerous times, at 3 different ports. We fly in day before, stay at local hotel, then go back to airport for shuttle. Never had a problem. We did it just last week in Houston/Galveston.

thanks , i think i have done that. the CCL myself but have forgotten . the website states they you must fly in same day and they have the right to refuse a traveler.

Anyone have any trouble using ccl transfers even though flying in night before and shuttling back to airport.

they want only same day flying passengers to use ccl transfers. i'm thinking just give them a flight number of same day.

anyone have any problems with ccl

I've done that several times and had no problem at all. Just make your way back to the airport baggage claim area the day of the cruise and look for the Carnival representatives holding signs. Yes, you can fake your actual flight details to get around Carnival's online check-in software restrictions.

Used CCL transfers once, never again as we spent too much time waiting for a another flight to arrive before heading to port or waiting for bus to fill up before heading to airport after the cruise. Found it easier to grab ride from either ends.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

A cab or Uber would be so much faster option. The one and only time I used the CCL transfer, I had to wait for the bus to arrive. Then, they waited until the bus was full. When we finally arrived at the port, they make you wait until all the luggage is unloaded from underneath the bus, before you can get off the bus...

I suppose it might depend on the port but we have never opted to use CCL transfers! It is soo much easier and usually more cost effective to take local transportation whether a taxi(some have flat rates to ports now) or Uber/Lyft if they exist .

We did it with no problem in Houston to Galveston, however it was a pain because we had to wait at the airport for almost 2 hours before getting a bus... Didn't even get on the ship till 2! Usually we drive to Port or rent a car for the night before stay but we had our 15 month old that time and between a car seat and Galveston always being more expensive to get to it was the best option. Next time I might pay the extra money to avoid the long wait.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Used CCL transfers once, never again as we spent too much time waiting for a another flight to arrive before heading to port or waiting for bus to fill up before heading to airport after the cruise. Found it easier to grab ride from either ends.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

exactly my same experience once and never again. flew into FLL got luggage at 9:30am. went directly to carnival shuttle check in at 9:40am and checked in for the Glory out of Miami. sat and waited and watched other people line up to get on carnival shuttles for other ships. finally all the people waiting to get on a shuttle for the Glory were told to line up and it was 11:40am. never again what a waste of my time and money. it is much cheaper to just grab an uber.

exactly my same experience once and never again. flew into FLL got luggage at 9:30am. went directly to carnival shuttle check in at 9:40am and checked in for the Glory out of Miami. sat and waited and watched other people line up to get on carnival shuttles for other ships. finally all the people waiting to get on a shuttle for the Glory were told to line up and it was 11:40am. never again what a waste of my time and money. it is much cheaper to just grab an uber.

I think the feasibility of using Carnival's shuttle depends on the port. If the port is close, yes a taxi or Uber is likely better. But for some ports, such as Galveston, where the port is farther away from the airport, Carnival transfers are a good option.

I didn't get the impression the OP was asking about the appropriateness of using a Carnival shuttle, but that the OP was asking about experiences with using a Carnival shuttle on embarkation day if arriving a day or more earlier.