Honduras/Belize vs Grand Cayman/Jamaica

I am considering RC for my next cruise in Jan/Feb of '19. I am looking for opinions from those who have experienced either itineraries: Honduras/Belize, Cozumel or Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Cozumel. I realize Cozumel is going to be on just about every itinerary out of Galveston so my focus is the difference between Honduras/Belize vs Grand Cayman/Jamaica. Pros and cons on cost (once in port, not of the cruise itself), excursions varieties, value for the money, etc. of each port. Our group will be a mixed group of children, teens, young adults and older adults (late 30s/early 40s), drinkers and non drinkers, adventure seekers and those who like to take it easy.

I can tell you that Grand Cayman was my absolute favorite stop on our western cruise. I’ve never seen water that blue before and I felt completely safe and at ease walking around and no harassing me to buy anything. They are known for their stingray city and turtle farm.

In Jamaica we did the Dunn River Falls excursion and there are positives and negatives to it. It is a really long day because of the drive there and back. Also on the way back they made two stops, one to buy food and the other for shopping. My wife and I were just ready to get back on the ship at that point. But climbing the falls is just something you have to do once in your life.

Haven’t been to Honduras or Belize but they are on my list because if the activities you can do in port, mainly zip lining and cave tubing!

Roatan (Honduras) and Grand Cayman are both favorites of ours. In Roatan we did a catamaran where some snorkeled and some didn't. Included lunch and it was great and has some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. Love wondering around in Grand Cayman and we've done most of the excursions there, including turtles, dolphins, semi-subs, etc. You can't go wrong with any of the islands you listed. Go to the Royal Caribbea page and look at the excursions offered and try to imagine the excursions that would appeal to your family.

Easy choice for us. We love..love Grand Cayman and also find a lot to do in Cozumel. Roatan is fine with us as we enjoy it simply to go to very convenient Maya Cay which is only a quick ferry boat trip right from the pier.

Belize? No...not a fan and will simply stay on the ship the next time. :o

We’ve done both itineraries out of Galveston many times. I suppose if it were my only chance I would go to Grand Cayman and stay on the ship in Jamaica. The southern itinerary is great too and Belize is a great place to go to ruins. Since cave tubing doesn’t interest us it’s also a great place to stay on the ship. That said, Royal Caribbean has a southern trip that goes to Costa Maya and Roatan. I’d pick that itinerary over Belize any day.

We’ve done both itineraries out of Galveston many times. I suppose if it were my only chance I would go to Grand Cayman and stay on the ship in Jamaica. The southern itinerary is great too and Belize is a great place to go to ruins. Since cave tubing doesn’t interest us it’s also a great place to stay on the ship. That said, Royal Caribbean has a southern trip that goes to Costa Maya and Roatan. I’d pick that itinerary over Belize any day.

Ditto to that! :)