Norwegian 7-Day Western Mediterranean from Barcelona August 2018

vacation65

Hi I am new to this forum so I don't even know if this is the place to post this question. Let me know if if should be posted somewhere else.

It will be two people ( hubby and me) going on this cruise and we wanted some suggestions on which tours we should be taking and also which tour companies people have used. We feel the cruise ship tours are very expensive so we are looking for alternatives. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been doing some research and am finding it very overwhelming there is so much to see and we want to see as much as possible.

Thanks

We don't have your schedule memorized, but every port is covered here on the appropriate board, so keep going with your research.

Second, we have no idea of your budget, interests, limitations or anything else about you. So the research you are doing will help you narrow down this very broad question. Then, more specific questions will help us help you.

Lastly, joining your Roll Call will allow you to get knowledge from others on your specific cruise who are doing the same research. Plus, you mind join other already established tours.

Hi I am new to this forum so I don't even know if this is the place to post this question. Let me know if if should be posted somewhere else.

It will be two people ( hubby and me) going on this cruise and we wanted some suggestions on which tours we should be taking and also which tour companies people have used. We feel the cruise ship tours are very expensive so we are looking for alternatives. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been doing some research and am finding it very overwhelming there is so much to see and we want to see as much as possible.

Thanks

You are asking in the right place but as Bruce says, you need to keep going with your research. You can get lots of alternatives to the expensive ship tours but before you ask questions you need to be a little more specific.

Reading through reviews and blogs can be helpful. Also you can use the search button to search for answers to the question you were thinking about. You can start to get an idea of what you want to see. There are so many options - it depends on whether you are interested in architecture, religious buildings, politics, fashion, wine, food, nature - or just the beaches (some people do go on cruises to Europe for the sun and beaches). So read what others have done, when you get to the point of knowing what you really want to do on your vacation you can come back with more specific questions.

We are cruising in May w/a stop in Barcelona. Would you recommend doing a tour or just exploring on our own? It's my husband and our two young adult sons (over 21). Thanks sooo much for your help.

For Barcelona I would recommend posting this on the Spain Ports Of Call Board found at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=596

Keith

We did this same cruise a few years ago, at least I think it is the same cruise, I am not sure of your ports. In Naples we took the hydrofoil to Capri on our own (easy to do). In Rome and Florence we used Rome in Limo tour company https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiA2bSlhOfZAhXo7IMKHZtOB2QQFggvMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.romeinlimo.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw1sTotNUQC-G3epzMyHRs1Iwhich I would highly recommend. We posted in our role call and formed a group to save money. Not only did we save money we saw a lot more than people who used the ship's bus tours. Good luck.