They're at it AGAIN... more of Celebrity's outrageous prices!

teecee60

Sorry I thought people who had been on a Celebrity cruise were allowed to post on here if they did not enjoy the experience. Better refer myself to the mods for so doing and let the sycophants get on with posting stuff that made me think Celebrity and Aqua and BLU were brilliant and they were not and I think someone who has been bitterly disappointed should balance up what is being said here, so that people have a chance to hear from someone who did feel desperately let down.

They can't get it in their head that their beloved Celebrity isn't perfect on everything, every time. If you accept mediocrity, that's what you are going to get. Our last cruise on Celebrity was on the Silhouette in December of 2016. It was our 22nd cruise with them covering 242 days at sea on seven different ships. We've stayed in all classes of cabins from inside through Aqua and been on seven of the ships. We've also cruised RCL, Holland, Princess, and Norwegian. We've also have eaten in all the restaurants on Celebrity except the Lawn Club, Qsine, and Sushi on 5. That gives us a broad base on what was available and how it's changed over the last say four years.

I will continue to post my thoughts and if you don't agree, ignore it, but at least grow up and accept the fact that it's perfectly ok for people to have different opinions without berating them or calling them names.

I've never been a politician but I still voice my opinion, I've never been a pro athlete but I still voice my views, but I've done enough cruising that there is no way I'm not throwing my nickles worth in.

If an "S" class ship has a 99% approval rating, that still leaves 29 people who weren't happy, and who are you to say their reasons weren't justified, especially since they paid a premium price and got felt they got less than a premium vacation?

Sorry I thought people who had been on a Celebrity cruise were allowed to post on here if they did not enjoy the experience. Better refer myself to the mods for so doing and let the sycophants get on with posting stuff that made me think Celebrity and Aqua and BLU were brilliant and they were not and I think someone who has been bitterly disappointed should balance up what is being said here, so that people have a chance to hear from someone who did feel desperately let down.

For information there was this post very recently.

Just an FYI that Cruise Critic has recently added a new Guideline:

Cruise Critic considers constantly and persistently "bashing" a cruise line disruptive to other members. Therefore, you may receive a single warning regarding this behavior. In the sole opinion of Cruise Critic Community Management, you may lose access to that cruise line forum after the first warning.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=harass

Say your piece, then let it be.

Phil

Then quit trolling Celebrity boards :confused:

The poster you refer too didn't do his homework very well before booking. His cruise price dropped and he had to rebook losing his deposit as he booked in the UK.

This has left him smarting and he's incapable of recovering from the butt hurt he still appears to feel on a daily basis.

If he'd have read cruise critic before he booked he could have learned how to score the best possible deals with Celebrity and other lines and felt so much better.

Based on experiences of dealing with tykes in a past life I think it's fair to say that he'll still be whinging about it ten years from now. He's highly unlikely to go away, after all if he were to stop reading these boards looking for opportunities to express his displeasure, what would he do instead?

The reality is, that some cruisers just don't know how to enjoy themselves. Be it scoring an excellent deal price wise, making the most of the ship amenities and excursions or both.

Read his posts and tell yourself how much better things are for you and your life. :cool:

They can't get it in their head that their beloved Celebrity isn't perfect on everything, every time. If you accept mediocrity, that's what you are going to get. Our last cruise on Celebrity was on the Silhouette in December of 2016. It was our 22nd cruise with them covering 242 days at sea on seven different ships. We've stayed in all classes of cabins from inside through Aqua and been on seven of the ships. We've also cruised RCL, Holland, Princess, and Norwegian. We've also have eaten in all the restaurants on Celebrity except the Lawn Club, Qsine, and Sushi on 5. That gives us a broad base on what was available and how it's changed over the last say four years.

I will continue to post my thoughts and if you don't agree, ignore it, but at least grow up and accept the fact that it's perfectly ok for people to have different opinions without berating them or calling them names.

I've never been a politician but I still voice my opinion, I've never been a pro athlete but I still voice my views, but I've done enough cruising that there is no way I'm not throwing my nickles worth in.

If an "S" class ship has a 99% approval rating, that still leaves 29 people who weren't happy, and who are you to say their reasons weren't justified, especially since they paid a premium price and got felt they got less than a premium vacation?

I like to think my posts are objective. I have two more cruises booked with X and don't plan on booking any more until I've tried three additional lines as I've already posted on here. Maybe I'll never return, maybe I'll hit Zenith (unlikely). I honestly don't know. Incidentally, one of those booked cruises was in AQ but due to a very mediocre experience in AQ last december that trip has been cancelled and replaced with a suite booking as I no longer feel any wow factor in their veranda rooms and associated dining rooms.

I can't comment on Celebrity ten years ago but then again, the past is largely irrelevant since they've brought in many changes recently.

But as I've said countless times it's a two tier cruise line now. Suite class is significantly better than non suite class. You may have sailed with the line many times but your post above suggests that you've not sailed above aqua class. That tells me you don't have a modern well rounded view of the Celebrity product and will be limited in your objectivity reviewing them as you've no first hand experience of their best rooms, restaurants and service.

So by all means post away, but you also need to open your mind and understand that many people will be having very different experiences to you and thus are likely to post positive comments.

When was your last cruise on Celebrity? Why are you here and which cruise line do you go on now?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

September 2017 so 6 months ago, when did you last go?

My future cruise lines are not Celebrity, therefore not a topic on a Celebrity board.

I find it interesting that those who think Celebrity is the best thing since sliced bread keep posting, posting, posting even years after sailing. But if you didn't like them, in very recent history one is not allowed to warn new punters that all is not what it appears from reading Celebrity threads on here.

But whatever these threads are for, and I do begin to wonder what they are for, they are not an arena to argue who can post, who will post and who will be bombarded when they don't like a beloved line, so on this thread I have said my last, you will be pleased to know, but underline THIS thread and not the Celebrity forum.

Suite class is significantly better than non suite class. You may have sailed with the line many times but your post above suggests that you've not sailed above aqua class. That tells me you don't have a modern well rounded view of the Celebrity product and will be limited in your objectivity reviewing them as you've no first hand experience of their best rooms, restaurants and service.

Even if that assessment of his experience is true, suites are ~10% of their cabins as I recall. Why would the fact that someone has experienced what the majority of their customers experience - the 90% - give them limited objectivity? In fact, it means their experiences have greater relevance.

And fwiw, I've sailed a number of times on Celebrity suites, and while it certainly gives you access to the better end of the service, the majority of the experience is similar to the rest of the ship since only dining and the butler (and Michael's club, which is really just another bar) is differentiated. Many people make little use of the butler, and while the dining is better, the cruise is not all about dining. The Luminae menu is still quite limited, so all up it's not a significantly different experience.

I don't see how a post in two threads can be considered "constantly and persistently "bashing"" so don't see the relevance.

You are of course quite correct, but I'm not talking about that. You need to look at the poster's recent history on the Celebrity board. I've got two Celebrity cruises booked and have been less than complimentary about my recent experiences. I'm hoping for an improvement, but if it doesn't work out I will vote with my feet. I will say my bit and move on. Life is way to short to keep coming back to a forum for a cruiseline I have no intention of returning to.

Phil

My future cruise lines are not Celebrity, therefore not a topic on a Celebrity board.

I find it interesting that those who think Celebrity is the best thing since sliced bread keep posting, posting, posting even years after sailing. But if you didn't like them, in very recent history one is not allowed to warn new punters that all is not what it appears from reading Celebrity threads on here.

But whatever these threads are for, and I do begin to wonder what they are for, they are not an arena to argue who can post, who will post and who will be bombarded when they don't like a beloved line, so on this thread I have said my last, you will be pleased to know, but underline THIS thread and not the Celebrity forum.

We were last on Summit for a 7 night cruise in November/December. We have only cruised AQU class since they added BLU. My DH is a professional Chef but we do not cruise for the food. We understand that shipboard food is banquet food cooked for thousands of people.

On our last cruise we decided to book an OV since it was only 7 nights, but after the hurricane in Puerto Rico Celebrity allowed many people to "cancel" (I believe most who wanted were able to move their booking to another cruise within 6 months) within final payment as there was really an issue for many with canceled flights and no available hotel rooms. Many flew in the day of the cruise. Our travel agent was able to negotiate an upgrade from an ocean view to Deck 11 AQU for $0.00 additional cost. In fact, Celebrity was upgrading it seems everyone on our roll call who wanted to move. They were very accommodating!

My DH does not really eat breakfast but likes to grab a banana in the buffet after working out but I enjoy BLU. He also does not eat dessert. They removed the muesli carts (not covered and we were told they had to for health reasons after a ship inspection) a few years ago (the last time we saw the cart was in 2014 on Solstice). Instead I have been able to have the muesli made to my specifications. Usually they would bring the muesli and a plate of different dried fruit, fresh fruits, and nuts I requested so I could mix what I wanted. You had mentioned the bad white wine. We were able to change ours out for a bottle of Malbec for no additional charge. Note that we did this at Qsine.

We enjoyed the entertainment, and company of our friends onboard and friendliness of Captain Kate and other crew members.

My DH's main comment regarding dining was that he enjoyed the dining experience better on our last HAL cruise because of the traditional dining where we had the same wait staff every night. In BLU we had different waiters every night and never got to know anyone. We are not willing to wait to get a particular table or waiter.

I believe the reason you are getting pushback is the tone of your posts. Many people come back and say they were disappointed, but they post the good and the bad. You only have negative comments and nothing positive to say. Did you not enjoy any entertainment, past passenger parties, activities or anything? What about your cabin or room stewards? Instead you call food "rubbish".

I see you are going on P & O and perhaps you will enjoy that better. I also see you are looking at pulling tips/hotel charges and don't understand that when you haven't set foot on the ship yet.

Edited by Jade13

Even if that assessment of his experience is true, suites are ~10% of their cabins as I recall. Why would the fact that someone has experienced what the majority of their customers experience - the 90% - give them limited objectivity? In fact, it means their experiences have greater relevance.

It means someone who has not experienced the best Celebrity has to offer will be limited in their assessment of the line. Nothing more, nothing less.

And fwiw, I've sailed a number of times on Celebrity suites, and while it certainly gives you access to the better end of the service, the majority of the experience is similar to the rest of the ship since only dining and the butler (and Michael's club, which is really just another bar) is differentiated. Many people make little use of the butler, and while the dining is better, the cruise is not all about dining. The Luminae menu is still quite limited, so all up it's not a significantly different experience.

You've missed out a few aspects on service. The MC concierge / Butler combo provides considerably better service than dealing with guest relations and shore excursions etc. Then there's the added touches that you miss in a veranda. You've also missed out on the choices you have when dining as a suite guest and what is included. When you look at the bigger picture it's a better experience.

So, those who have experienced all aspects of suite and non suite cruises will have a better more rounded idea of what the cruise line has to offer. Our friend specifically stated he'd sailed in insides through to AQ. So he's certainly entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else. But if people want to be more objective, then they'll understand the limitations of an opinion of someone who's not seen and done it all with the line. The percentage of suites aboard isn't at all relevant to that fact.

You are of course quite correct, but I'm not talking about that. You need to look at the poster's recent history on the Celebrity board. I've got two Celebrity cruises booked and have been less than complimentary about my recent experiences. I'm hoping for an improvement, but if it doesn't work out I will vote with my feet. I will say my bit and move on. Life is way to short to keep coming back to a forum for a cruiseline I have no intention of returning to.

Phil

Snap! :D

This particular poster was all over the boards attacking Celebrity before he'd even set foot on the ship if you check his posting history. I'm not a psychologist so can't explain this rather odd behaviour but I wouldn't really pay much attention to anyone attacking X and now it seems P&O before sailing with them!

We are on the April 22 Constellation cruise. We had gotten the current price for Aqua back in July, when the prices had also dropped way down. It is hard to pass up an Aqua cabin for $100 pp per day. :)

We were on the Connie a year and a half ago and was happy with it, so I am sure this cruise will also be most enjoyable. Especially, since the President's cruise on her is this month. It will probably look like a new ship for LLP.

Every single mass market cruise line board on this forum has a guy like this. Imho, he is entitled to post, even if it's a negative opinion. Likewise, other posters are entitled to ignore him. TOTALLY IGNORE HIM. Then, watch the (bashing) negative remarks magically disappear into the murky, invisible waters of old posts.

Currently on the Constellation and the ship is in excellent shape, the crew is amazing entertainment is much improved over our previous 2 cruises (Reflection & Equinox). Food has been good - excellent from the MDR, Blu & Luminae. In 21 nights had 2 misses -1 overcoooked & 1 too salty, both were replaced quickly. We dislike the OV layout but the food has been very good.

It is a older, smaller ship but we would happily sail the Connie again.

Yes, we just off the Connie as well. I thought it was in very good shape. Didn't much care for the OV food (all personal preferences of course) but ship and crew were great.