Another Cheers question.

Mr. Blonde

What's the latest you can order the Cheers package and still get the discount?

Quoted from Carnival's website:

"Cut-off for pre-purchase is the day before embarkation and 10:00pm EST through call center. Additional restrictions apply, see program details below. "

• 2 months later...

Here is tip and you may want to call them (Carnival) to make sure, but I just talked to Carnival on 6/3/18 and was told by "Stacy" that you can purchase your drink package to the days you want. You do not have to purchase for the entire stay on the ship. I had grilled her over and over with questions like Are you sure? Can I do this after I get on board? Etc..So, my understanding was, you can purchase 3,4,5 days which can be interchangeable at anytime. I am still trying to find out more information. You know that saying if it sound to good to be true......It probably is! I just wanted to let you know so you can start to research yourself, if you would like. Good Luck and have fun!

Here is tip and you may want to call them (Carnival) to make sure, but I just talked to Carnival on 6/3/18 and was told by "Stacy" that you can purchase your drink package to the days you want. You do not have to purchase for the entire stay on the ship. I had grilled her over and over with questions like Are you sure? Can I do this after I get on board? Etc..So, my understanding was, you can purchase 3,4,5 days which can be interchangeable at anytime. I am still trying to find out more information. You know that saying if it sound to good to be true......It probably is! I just wanted to let you know so you can start to research yourself, if you would like. Good Luck and have fun!

Save yourself the time and energy, that's fake news.

You can buy it ahead of time for $51.95/person/day for the length of the cruise.

-or-

You can buy it onboard on embarkation day for $56.95/person/day for the length of the cruise

-or-

You can buy it on the first FULL day after embarkation for $56.95/person/day for the length of the cruise minus the one day.

Those are your only options. And if you buy it on day two, any pay-as-you-go bar charges incurred so far are not credited back to you or applied to your Cheers purchase.

#Truth

"Stacy" is a BOLD face liar, simple as that! If Stacy is not lying (think she is right) then Carnival needs to do a better job at training there staff about their policies.

I'll just agree with everyone else that it is an all or nothing deal. You can't pick your days. I had it on my 7 day cruise last year. One thing to note, the package doesn't cover the first day and last day of the cruise so any drinks on embarkation day you'll have to pay for.

I like the package, as you can try high end liquor you might not usually get to try, and it include the specialty coffees, milkshakes, bottled water and all sodas/fountain drinks. You can also get the themed specialty cocktail they have at dinner. Also remember, if you get it, every adult in your cabin also has to get it. I've seen some couples traveling in groups where the husbands wanted it but the wives didn't so they reshuffled the rooms assignments to have the men sharing a room and the women in their own separate room.

I'll just agree with everyone else that it is an all or nothing deal. You can't pick your days. I had it on my 7 day cruise last year. One thing to note, the package doesn't cover the first day and last day of the cruise so any drinks on embarkation day you'll have to pay for.

Unless you are sailing out of Galveston or New York, the package does indeed work on the first day of the cruise, and it is good until you leave the boat at disembarkation. You may incur some state taxes (less than $0.50/drink) but that is dependent on the state you are leaving. The tax is figured on the retail price of the drink. You have to pay the tax, but you don't pay for the drink. TX and NY have stricter laws, apparently.

Unless you are sailing out of Galveston or New York, the package does indeed work on the first day of the cruise, and it is good until you leave the boat at disembarkation. You may incur some state taxes (less than $0.50/drink) but that is dependent on the state you are leaving. The tax is figured on the retail price of the drink. You have to pay the tax, but you don't pay for the drink. TX and NY have stricter laws, apparently.

Thanks. I sail out of Galveston so I didn't know it was different in other ports.

I would just like to add. A poster above said that it was no good on the last day, but I was able to use it on debarkation day this week on the Vista. Now, I only used it for specialty coffee and bottled water, but the girl at the counter said I was welcome to try and pound 15 drinks if I wanted... (I was thinking it would be no good, and dreading having to drink buffet coffee on the last day, but my receipt showed "Cheers 100% Discount") YMMV...

I haven't found an answer to this anywhere on these boards or online, but possible it is in an old thread. Anyway, as far as the coffee bar goes, will they allow me to order 2 coffees at once (for me and my wife), or will they make me wait 5 minutes? No booze in them, though I prefer an Americano.

I haven't found an answer to this anywhere on these boards or online, but possible it is in an old thread. Anyway, as far as the coffee bar goes, will they allow me to order 2 coffees at once (for me and my wife), or will they make me wait 5 minutes? No booze in them, though I prefer an Americano.

Assuming your wife also has cheers then yes you can both order at the same time as your using 2 different cards

If your wife does not have cheers (this is saying she is booked in a different room than you) then you can order 2 but you will have to pay for 1 of them as sharing is not allowed

Assuming your wife also has cheers then yes you can both order at the same time as your using 2 different cards

If your wife does not have cheers (this is saying she is booked in a different room than you) then you can order 2 but you will have to pay for 1 of them as sharing is not allowed

Thanks for the info, all! We are in the same room, so both have the package. I will take her card down with me. Love having morning coffee on the balcony overlooking the sea...