How big of an issues would it be to get a table for 20 at dinner each night?

LongHill44

There is no 20 person table, you would be put in 2-3 tables close together. for that many people, your better option is to do fixed dining times. The wait will probably be quite long for that many people in YTD.

I agree with everyone as well. Get the fixed time dining. A group that large might also slow things down for others trying to get in with a smaller group. By doing fixed, they are already prepared for you.

'Your Time' Open Seating Dining

'Your Time' open seating is offered fleetwide. Guests on 'Your Time' open seating may dine any time in the Main Dining Room between 5:45pm and 9:30pm (between 5:15pm and 9:00pm for Alaska cruises) and are able to request any table size or waiter. Guests are seated on a first come, first served basis depending on party size. Pagers are provided if a modest wait time is required so guests may relax elsewhere on the ship until their table is ready; in most cases, guests are accommodated within 20 minutes. Advance table reservations are not accepted on board. All guests must be present before the party is seated.

Since most tables are configured for parties up to 6 guests and many cannot be moved together to make larger tables, parties greater than 8 guests may need to be accommodated at several tables and the wait can sometimes be more than one hour. We highly suggest that parties of 8 or more guests choose the traditional assigned seating (6:00pm or 8:15pm) to assure sitting together at one table or several tables close together.

How many can sit at the largest table they have? We are a group of 9 but with a fixed dinner time....I assume we'll all be at one table?????

We had a group of nine last year and we sat at a round table for 10. This year we have about 20 people going so I would think they would have us close by but we do have a set dining time at 8:15pm

For a group that large, there’s no way I’d want to ‘herd cats’ every night to figure out what time everyone wanted to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For a group that large, there’s no way I’d want to ‘herd cats’ every night to figure out what time everyone wanted to eat.

Good thing it isn’t you then.

A group of 20 is a HUGE deal...just like in any land restaurant...20 people at one time causes a huge disruption.

You would be wise to "link" all your bookings and take TRADITIONAL seating, so your TABLES will be waiting for you. There is no way to put 20 at one table....you will probably need either 2 10-tops or 3 smaller tables.

We are a group of 30. Have done several cruises together. It’s best to to do a set dining time. The one thing that we all do together is dinner. And it’s some of our favorite memories.

How many can sit at the largest table they have? We are a group of 9 but with a fixed dinner time....I assume we'll all be at one table?????

I think 10 is the maximum size table. We had 30 people with three tables of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if there were such a thing as a table for 20, there is no way to arrange seating so everyone can talk to everyone else. So there is no point in all being at the same table.

When I cruised with a large group, we had three or four tables near each other. After we ate many people swapped seats to chat with others.

We travel with about 15 and have never waited an hour for your time. We typically have two tables. Kids and adults mostly. They will tell you to come at certain times to eat together without wait. 6-730 are peak.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On a recent cruise there was a group of 20 in late fixed seating. They had 2 long tables for 10 side by side. After the first evening the teenagers happily snagged the end of one table and the adults moved their seat choices around, visiting with different group members on different evenings.

Once everyone knew where the tables were nobody had to wait for anyone else - they just walked in as they arrived and took the seat of their choice at their 2 tables.

It sounds like you want to eat about the same time each night, with your whole group together, so there is really no advantage to doing Your Time. The ease of having set tables at a fixed time will make for a more relaxed dinner hour.. You also will have assigned wait staff throughout your cruise who will learn your group's preferences quickly and provide far more personalized service.

A few years ago on the Splendor we had 11 people (family reunion and just checked the group picture to confirm the number of people) and we had one table during the fixed second setting. Also, we had dinner in the Steak House once during the cruise and they were also able to handle us with one table.

We travel with about 15 and have never waited an hour for your time. We typically have two tables. Kids and adults mostly. They will tell you to come at certain times to eat together without wait. 6-730 are peak.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I laughed at this ... Kids and adults mostly .... what are the other options? Dogs? hahahaha! I think I'm delirious and need a vacation!