Robo Calling CabinOn Solstice

Merriem

Is this something new? Very annoying. On the Solstice, and had 3 robo calls in less than 24 hours. Two came from the concierge during the night, and one during the day from shore excursions. Wake up to red blinking message lights..had to call to the front office to get them stopped.

Have never experienced this before.

We recently had a few that would come in late afternoon. Take advantage of spa, dining, and excursion specials. :rolleyes: The Concierge also called, but it was usually while we were out in port, or in the evenings during dinner. At least the paper waste has stopped!

A call intrusion that has stopped, is the room service person calling to find out how our meal was. However, they have also stopped calling to tell us that the meal is on it's way. After the first day of having a knock on the door about 15 minutes before the stated delivery time, we got wise that our breakfast was going to come early from there on out. They were consistent with that. Lol

My wife and daughter were in cabin 1111 on the Summit. They thought it would be a easy cabin to remember and was in a fairly decent location other than the aft cabins that were already taken.

So did a lot of other pranksters and kids playing on the phone or people just pressing 1111. They got many calls during the night.

On our recent cruise we seemed to get many messages from the CC host.

We also learned not to enter any drawings to avoid the constant bombardment of flyers and also messages informing us of sales and etc. We still get a few but not as much as we use to.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It’s so funny you mentioned 1111, we scored one of the aft Aqua cabins on constellation (1138) when another couple gave it up to stay in 1111. They liked the number or something, anyway we met them on the cruise and they said the same thing, the phone rang non stop.

It’s so funny you mentioned 1111, we scored one of the aft Aqua cabins on constellation (1138) when another couple gave it up to stay in 1111. They liked the number or something, anyway we met them on the cruise and they said the same thing, the phone rang non stop.

Unplug it

I do not like the robocalls. The blinking light always brings me back to reality (I care for aging parents). Did you have luck getting all robocalls stopped? If so, how did you go about it?

Yes, I called the suite manager and she took care of it. We don't even have a phone in our house, just cell phones so I can block or just turn the volume off. It's like being on the "do not call list" and getting those spam calls. Personally I think this is new since my last celebrity cruise and should be stopped. Unsolicited calls are a real nuisance.

Is this something new? Very annoying. On the Solstice, and had 3 robo calls in less than 24 hours. Two came from the concierge during the night, and one during the day from shore excursions. Wake up to red blinking message lights..had to call to the front office to get them stopped.

What was the purpose/subject matter of the three calls?

Greetings from the staff

Welcome aboard d

Reminders about CC events

Selling stuff

Book shore excursions

Maybe time change reminders

Wake up calls that you scheduled.

Room service letting you know that they are on their way.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Merriem - we are on the same cruise of course but have not had any Robo Calls at all.

Merriem - we are on the same cruise of course but have not had any Robo Calls at all.

That was why I asked about the nature of her three calls, wondering if they are true indiscriminate robot calls blanketing the whole ship or more directed calls to specific passengers.

That was why I asked about the nature of her three calls, wondering if they are true indiscriminate robot calls blanketing the whole ship or more directed calls to specific passengers.

Had one from shore excursions, and two from the michaels club concierge. The first was selling excursions, and the other two were also recordings. If you have something to say, please do not send me a recording. Very impersonal.

Greetings from the staff

Welcome aboard d

Reminders about CC events

Selling stuff

Book shore excursions

Maybe time change reminders

Wake up calls that you scheduled.

Room service letting you know that they are on their way.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The only one of those that I want is the wake up call that I scheduled. And even then, I'll shut the phone off and use my cellphone to eliminate the robo-marketing.

Had one from shore excursions, and two from the michaels club concierge. The first was selling excursions, and the other two were also recordings. If you have something to say, please do not send me a recording. Very impersonal.

Thanks, Merriem. I don't even want a real person on the line if they are trying to sell me something. If I had made enquiries with the shore excursion group and it's a follow up call, that's fine, but otherwise, please don't call.

That is interesting as I think we are practically neighbors.

Merriem, I guess we have a different definition of Robocalls. We have indeed had a couple of messages from the MC Concierge about events that day. I'm not really annoyed by these messages as they are more of a courtesy call to her guests, not the whole ship. If I got a marketing message from Shore excursions or something like that for the whole ship trying to sell me something I would define that as a Robocall. Anyway one can always just hit delete.

Merriem, I guess we have a different definition of Robocalls. We have indeed had a couple of messages from the MC Concierge about events that day. I'm not really annoyed by these messages as they are more of a courtesy call to her guests, not the whole ship. If I got a marketing message from Shore excursions or something like that for the whole ship trying to sell me something I would define that as a Robocall. Anyway one can always just hit delete.

My definition of a robo call is a pre-recorded message. That is what all three were until I ask them to be stopped. IMHO .