how much would you pay for aqua class?

jojo1966

That’s a post that really helps me thanks. We are thinking of trying an Aqua cabin for next years Caribbean cruise but came to the same conclusion when looking at the cabin locations. I actually said to the wife last night why not just pick a balcony cabin in the area we like and use the extra saved on 6 meals in Murano and a pass for the Persian gardens, it would still work out no more expensive. The main reason for looking at Aqua is avoiding the main dinning room. We used it four times last cruise and in the truth we found it the most disappointing thing about Celebrity. Poor service and even poorer food. Standards in all main dining rooms on all cruise ships have dropped like a stone in the last 25 years. We ended up just booking speciality restaurants or using the buffet area.

Interesting conversation. We've done both MDR and Blu and did prefer Blu mainly for the quieter, more intimate atmosphere. We found the food slightly better in Blu for dinner and much better for breakfast than the MDR or OVC. However, we generally dine traditional dining late when in the MDR and request a table for two. We've had lovely dining experiences in the MDR with excellent service. Perhaps the later dining time allows for a more relaxed atmosphere and more time for the wait staff to pamper us. Although the food choice and quality has declined over the years, we find that on all the cruise lines we've sailed and still prefer X to the others we frequent. We do love Murano, but would get bored eating there 6 times in 14 days since the menu there doesn't vary. Once or twice for us would be more than enough. If the differential between Aqua and a verandah cabin was more than $400 we'd probably go for the verandah therefore. We don't tend to use Persian Gardens enough for it to make a difference and certainly will not pay extra for a fancy shower head! We'd also consider Concierge Class if the cost for it was close to a standard verandah for the better cabin locations and the extra Captains Club points (although I don't think we'll ever cruise enough to reach the next level.) If sailing an M-class ship we'd pay a bit more for Blu since they've removed Ocean Liners/Murano and we don't care for the other specialty restaurants on those ships.

Interesting conversation. We've done both MDR and Blu and did prefer Blu mainly for the quieter, more intimate atmosphere. We found the food slightly better in Blu for dinner and much better for breakfast than the MDR or OVC. However, we generally dine traditional dining late when in the MDR and request a table for two. We've had lovely dining experiences in the MDR with excellent service. Perhaps the later dining time allows for a more relaxed atmosphere and more time for the wait staff to pamper us. Although the food choice and quality has declined over the years, we find that on all the cruise lines we've sailed and still prefer X to the others we frequent. We do love Murano, but would get bored eating there 6 times in 14 days since the menu there doesn't vary. Once or twice for us would be more than enough. If the differential between Aqua and a verandah cabin was more than $400 we'd probably go for the verandah therefore. We don't tend to use Persian Gardens enough for it to make a difference and certainly will not pay extra for a fancy shower head! We'd also consider Concierge Class if the cost for it was close to a standard verandah for the better cabin locations and the extra Captains Club points (although I don't think we'll ever cruise enough to reach the next level.) If sailing an M-class ship we'd pay a bit more for Blu since they've removed Ocean Liners/Murano and we don't care for the other specialty restaurants on those ships.

Cheers, with a difference of £500 just now it does not sound as though it’s worth the extra given Blue does not appear to be a big improvement on the MDR. Not really bothered about any of the stateroom upgrades.

Cheers, with a difference of £500 just now it does not sound as though it’s worth the extra given Blue does not appear to be a big improvement on the MDR. Not really bothered about any of the stateroom upgrades.

Agreed, especially if the 500 difference is per person! Sometimes we consider Concierge for the points (and large cabins on M-class) and better cabin location, but only if the differential between verandah and concierge is small.

The waiters in Blu can also be harassed but on a lesser scale. On two occasions, however, DW and I left that restaurant because we were completely ignored by our waiter. Blu can be deafening and we always seek a table in the rear section, away from the windows, though this might require eating earlier or later than what we would prefer.

What ship was that? Thankfully, we haven't had that experience in Blu! BTW, I think we're on the same cruise in December. Have you signed up for the Connections Party?

The waiters in Blu can also be harassed but on a lesser scale. On two occasions, however, DW and I left that restaurant because we were completely ignored by our waiter. Blu can be deafening and we always seek a table in the rear section, away from the windows, though this might require eating earlier or later than what we would prefer.

What ship was that? Thankfully, we haven't had that experience in Blu! BTW, I think we're on the same cruise in December. Have you signed up for the Connections Party?

The last time definitely was on the Eclipse. I'm not sure about the first time but it might have also been on the Eclipse. Yes, we will be on the same cruise unless Regent lures us away.