Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Travel agent said you don't have to check in and just show up at the port as they have your name. Doesn't sound like it would work? Anyone with experience of showing up at the port without checking in first?

Nope at the window they ask for set sail

Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A Port Agent told me that they can look up everything needed to check you in at the window - just plan for it to take much longer than if you had done, or been able to complete, it prior to arriving at the port to check-in.

If my experience so far is any example, if they are not sharing 'bugs', they are SURE NOT showing any programming ability!

What I have seen is an extreme lack of any functionality testing before being rolled out!

And the responses I got from calling was their usual; "Please give it some time and try it again in 24 hours."

And it still is as dysfunctional as before!

Roger

Very true.

The extreme lack starts with the design. It is obvious that no consideration was given to or study made of usage patterns. What individual or group thought it a good idea to insist that every C&A number use a different email address?

This is a disaster! I can’t even log in. Tried resetting my password and it won’t work. My son can get in with a new password and he said it is a total disaster. He works with programming. Why would Royal Caribbean roll out a terrible web site? How many customers are they losing? Wow. I am so frustrated. I feel sorry for people trying to complete the set sail pass, buy excursions, buy drink packages and pay for cruises. Who thought this was a good idea? Sorry for venting. If this was my first time trying to sign up for a Royal Caribbean cruise I would be switching to a different cruise company.

Thanks for sharing. Sure hope RCCL gets their website fixed soon.

I totally agree with your frustration. My goodness, why didn’t they get all the bugs out before rolling it out?. I wonder how much money these problems are causing them?

Well, after three days I finally was able to sign in. Only one of my upcoming cruises (of five total) was showing up, so I had to search my emails for all the reservation numbers, and I still can't find one of them so I'll have to call tomorrow and have them find the missing reservation. What a mess.

I tried accessing one of the reservations once it was up there and of course now it just says it's down for maintenance. Of course!

In browsing the new site, I have to say I'm not impressed at all. The old site had a wealth of information, now the only option it gives is to see your room, and then it doesn't actually even show you anything? What was the point of this again?

Having same troubles with the “new and improved “ website. What a joke! Have a cruise planned April 28, received an email that my documents are ready to print! Yeah, I think I’m going to wait until all my Cruise Critic buddies tell me it’s ok to go back in the water (RCCL website) before trying to printout documents! I might shut down the entire system!! Have another cruise for June 4 but it appears I just have a room....yeah, ok!WTH!

Just went to RCCL website, closed for maintenance, will be back up tomorrow at 6am EST, we’ll see.

Yes, RCCL website closed for maintenance right in the middle of filling out my upcoming cruise paperwork!

Of course my wife's account works for logging into the new site, but my account does not work.

I have been a project manager for several website redesigns and this is what we call a train wreck!

Even the splash page, for being down for maintenance, is lame.

Steven

I've managed to get into my calendar (through the already booked drop down). All my dining reservations, shore excursions and on ship activities are missing...

Did a dummy book of one of the activities and no dates come up, so there is some kind of glitch going on there.

Thankfully we don't sail till November and have confirmation emails of everything we booked.

Oh come on, people. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier.

Why would you go to a site that you KNOW is having problems, just to see if you can have problems too?

And then get upset when you have the same problems as everybody else?

And then take the time to post your ridiculous experiment here?

Really, unless you have a really good reason to go to the site (print docs, fill out docs for a cruise in a couple of weeks, etc), why not let the IT guys try and fix their screw ups in peace?

I was going to say that if people keep trying to login for no apparent reason, they will shut it down until they can get it fixed, but it looks like they have already tried that.

If you DO HAVE to go in, clear yiur cache and cookies shut down your browser and go back in

Experience has shown that trying to be logged in from two systems at the same time just screws it up. Even the RCCL or C&A desk can't get into your reservation if you are logged in (one of the things I hope they fix in this "upgrade").

Incidentally, I had to change to an email address about 3 years ago. But I'm in Canada, and that confuses them too.

And I follow security suggestions and change my password more than once every 2 years.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Oh come on, people. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier.

Why would you go to a site that you KNOW is having problems, just to see if you can have problems too?

And then get upset when you have the same problems as everybody else?

And then take the time to post your ridiculous experiment here?

Really, unless you have a really good reason to go to the site (print docs, fill out docs for a cruise in a couple of weeks, etc), why not let the IT guys try and fix their screw ups in peace?

I was going to say that if people keep trying to login for no apparent reason, they will shut it down until they can get it fixed, but it looks like they have already tried that.

If you DO HAVE to go in, clear yiur cache and cookies shut down your browser and go back in

Experience has shown that trying to be logged in from two systems at the same time just screws it up. Even the RCCL or C&A desk can't get into your reservation if you are logged in (one of the things I hope they fix in this "upgrade").

Incidentally, I had to change to an email address about 3 years ago. But I'm in Canada, and that confuses them too.

And I follow security suggestions and change my password more than once every 2 years.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

To be fair, it was the one and only time I have logged in.

After reading everyone else's problems, realised it wasn't worth the drama of trying anything else and I'll just wait till everything is sorted.

I feel for those who sail soon and can't access any of their information. Creates a pretty stressful time for them.

Here's the latest from their website (hoping):

Royal Caribbean reservations are currently down for scheduled maintenance.

Royal Caribbean reservations are currently down for scheduled maintenance.

We will be back shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

The thing to do if you are having an issue is to call they should be able to look up account numbers reset passwords and even print out and send you the PDF of your documents. The more you call vs using the web site the quicker they will fix it.

sent from my iPhone Xi

The thing to do if you are having an issue is to call they should be able to look up account numbers reset passwords and even print out and send you the PDF of your documents. The more you call vs using the web site the quicker they will fix it.

sent from my iPhone Xi

I called Friday and they could not access my account.

They bumped it up to the next level IT dept. They could not access my account.

Their solution was give it a few days and try again if that doesn't solve the problem call them back!

I tried again today no luck. I will call tomorrow and see what excuse get now.

I was able to access the Cruise Planner about an hour ago. I was one who was able to set up my new password, and figured out that login name had to be the email attached to my RCI account, not the login name.

Because of cookies from past visits, I was getting old views (that pesky Bad Request I for example).

I use Safari, and went into Advanced/Website Data on the settings in My iPad and deleted the cookies just for RCI. It worked for me on the very next try. [emoji846] HOWEVER, now when you click on Cruise Planner (next to your Next Cruise only), it will take you to a page that has you enter the same info you do t9 sign up for Meet & Mingle. At that time, you would select the cruise you want to purchase something for. Not as easy, but looks the same when you get in.

If you don’t know how to clear specific cookies, you can also clear all your cookies and get the same results. Just google ‘clear cookies on _______’ and insert your web browser name where I have the blank.

Hope this helps someone. Won’t resolve login issues, but it appears they are working on it. If you don’t want to clear your cookies, try a different browser from the one you normally use to login. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As a retired IT professional after 40 years in the business, I can truly say I am glad I was not involved in this website launch disaster. Not only would I have been embarrassed to be connected with it, the companies that I had worked for over all those years would not have been pleased either. It is obvious that RCI rushed this to their production system without adequate testing.

Now, with that said, I can say that this morning, for the first time since Wednesday when this all started, I was able to get in and have a look around because I did the new logon in process a couple of days ago and did use my e-mail address (even though they say we can use our ID) BUT, I found out that the only browser that I managed to used successfully was Chrome. I have noticed that there are still components missing, for example the C & A preferences are still not there and there was a hint from a phone agent they might not (HUH), also when I followed the link to the cruise planner, there was no way to do it by first selecting a cruise. This meant when I got to the cruise planner, I had to enter my cruise details for it to bring up the options available to me for that cruise. This is not the most efficient way of doing things, but at least there is a "working" link. The Dashboard also gives me a working link to the on line sign in (thank goodness).

Bottom line, RCI messed this up "royally" and they, as typical, have not stepped up to the plate and admit it. Instead they hide behind the "sorry for the inconvenience" line and hope that we will just bide our time until they get this into some semblance of a working order. Considering how long the old site was running and people were still having issues with it, my hopes are not that high.

I have already written my thought on all of this to Richard Fain and Michael Bayley. I would suggest that additional letters to them would not hurt the situation as this roll-out process is unacceptable to their loyal customers and it certainly does not bode well for new customer confidence.

That is just MHO.

I have a huge group sailing on Thursday and another in April. I have not been able to sign in since last Thursday. Fortunately, I did find a "back door" that allowed me to log in and change something in my cruise planner. It also enabled me to talk people through it who had not yet printed their documents. Even that no longer works. I've cleared my cache and cookies, tried three different browsers and changed my password twice. All I get is "We are unable to process your request right now. So, please try again later." I am honestly shocked that they didn't do more testing before rolling it out. Also, once they discovered this disaster, could they not have reverted back to the old site until they could work things out?

I have a huge group sailing on Thursday and another in April. I have not been able to sign in since last Thursday. Fortunately, I did find a "back door" that allowed me to log in and change something in my cruise planner. It also enabled me to talk people through it who had not yet printed their documents. Even that no longer works. I've cleared my cache and cookies, tried three different browsers and changed my password twice. All I get is "We are unable to process your request right now. So, please try again later." I am honestly shocked that they didn't do more testing before rolling it out. Also, once they discovered this disaster, could they not have reverted back to the old site until they could work things out?

This is RCI we are talking about. When have they admitted they did anything incorrectly? Everything is a inconvenience that they are sorry about.

To be fair, it was the one and only time I have logged in.

After reading everyone else's problems, realised it wasn't worth the drama of trying anything else and I'll just wait till everything is sorted.

I feel for those who sail soon and can't access any of their information. Creates a pretty stressful time for them.

That has been my decision as well. I don't need the drama, and I just hope that in a few more days that I can access My Cruises. i do have an upcoming cruise, but I have completed all the "paperwork" necessary. At this point I am relying on the tried and true "fingers crossed" method.

I was just wondering if anybody else is having this problem. For several months when I logged into the RCCL website a message would popup saying they were unable to complete my request and to try again later. But then the web pages would come up anyway and I could do everything I wanted to. Now that they've implemented the new system, I can't get past the login page. It gives me the same error and then just sits there. I called C&A and they couldn't help me and suggested I try again later (even though this has been going on for months now).

Has anybody else run into this?