Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

The same happened with my wife. She got an extra one, and one of mine from January is still missing. Ours both show the same number of points.

I will wait to see what happens when they add the points from our cruise last week before I email them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I e-mailed them last week about the second of our B2B on Harmony in Early February that was not credited and still have not received an e-mail back. You would think with all the issues they would be more responsive, a phone call to be made next week! 😡

Just log on and found out all my cruise points are gone. It is 0 and has a status of Pre-Gold eventhough they still have my correct C&A ID. I was a diamond. Need to call them again. Their web site is FUBAR and SNAFU. :(:mad: RCI needs a new IT director and IT managers

Just log on and found out all my cruise points are gone. It is 0 and has a status of Pre-Gold eventhough they still have my correct C&A ID. I was a diamond. Need to call them again. Their web site is FUBAR and SNAFU. :(:mad: RCI needs a new IT director and IT managers

Try this workaround:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55666188&postcount=1677

Logged in today and I gained a cruise that does not belong to me, but it didn't give me additional points. How is this possible?

Hi Love2cruise77,

When I checked my past cruises, it also showed one more cruise than we actually have sailed. There is an extra blue box near the bottom of the list that reads, "Royal Caribbean Cruise," January 19, 2011 and points earned. It does not show a ship, number of nights sailed or an intinerary. I believe this was the date that cruise credits earned up to that point, changed to nights sailed. Once again, a website error that will more than likely be corrected. I hope this helps.

Phil

Did any of you notice on your new Dashboard page that if you want to plan a new cruise, they will hold it for 24 hours?

I just checked all my info and it is all good. Amazing. I hope the site is finally getting its act together. 29 more days until our next cruise! YAY!:cool:

Hi Love2cruise77,

When I checked my past cruises, it also showed one more cruise than we actually have sailed. There is an extra blue box near the bottom of the list that reads, "Royal Caribbean Cruise," January 19, 2011 and points earned. It does not show a ship, number of nights sailed or an intinerary. I believe this was the date that cruise credits earned up to that point, changed to nights sailed. Once again, a website error that will more than likely be corrected. I hope this helps.

Phil

Good catch. This is the first I’ve seen this in my line up.

Did any of you notice on your new Dashboard page that if you want to plan a new cruise, they will hold it for 24 hours?

I just checked all my info and it is all good. Amazing. I hope the site is finally getting its act together. 29 more days until our next cruise! YAY!:cool:

I hope the days fly by, CapeGal, and that your cruise is amazing!

Do you have a cruise countdown on your page? I don't, but I wish I did. I miss the cruise countdown.

Happy cruising! - It just occurred to me to add a countdown clock to my signature!

Edited by KansasK

The C&A number fix didn't work for me. Our future cruises are there. For past cruises it shows one cruise with 61 points! Oh well,, not cruising or reserving anytime soon, so I think I'll give it a month.

Great - that worked! Thanks!!

Glad it worked for you! It’s amazing to me that the online check-in was not one of the first functionalities to be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if anyone has noticed with all the website issues going on, or even cares at this point, but I was looking at Cruise Critic’s news thread. I didn’t see a peep about all the problems with RCI’s new website. But they do have a couple articles on the thread about how great Royal’s new ship Symphony OTS is, and one about possibly designing new cheaper ultimate family suites, (guess they are not getting to many bites on the $30K - $85K a week price for that cabin).

They also have an article talking about the new Royal Caribbean cancellation policy that is taking effect on April 8th. It looks like they will be taking more money from us farther out from the sailing date than they already do, if we cancel 1 - 4 nite cruises less than 75 days out, or 5 nite and longer cruises less than 90 days out from sailing, starting with cruises booked on or after April 8th. According to article the change is “a way of encouraging cruisers to finalize their bookings earlier.”

Here is the link to the article about the changes to their cancellation policy changes if anyone is interested.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8538

I don’t know if anyone has noticed with all the website issues going on, or even cares at this point, but I was looking at Cruise Critic’s news thread. I didn’t see a peep about all the problems with RCI’s new website. But they do have a couple articles on the thread about how great Royal’s new ship Symphony OTS is, and one about possibly designing new cheaper ultimate family suites, (guess they are not getting to many bites on the $30K - $85K a week price for that cabin).

They also have an article talking about the new Royal Caribbean cancellation policy that is taking effect on April 8th. It looks like they will be taking more money from us farther out from the sailing date than they already do, if we cancel 1 - 4 nite cruises less than 75 days out, or 5 nite and longer cruises less than 90 days out from sailing, starting with cruises booked on or after April 8th. According to article the change is “a way of encouraging cruisers to finalize their bookings earlier.”

Here is the link to the article about the changes to their cancellation policy changes if anyone is interested.

What's RCCL going to do for it's customers $$$ when RCCL cancel cruises?

In the past RCCL has canceled cruises and only listed 3 different cruises that they would give us a $100.00 OBC for them canceling. If we didn't choose one of these 3 cruises no OBC no nothing!!!

I am sure RCCL needs this extra $$$ for bonuses for their IT department with the crappy job it's done with this so called update and merger.

Edited by tomworldwidewaftage

It is causing me to book later. I'll wait for a cruise to get close to final payment date. If I like the cabins available and the price I'll book and if I don't I won't. And that is provided my future bookings are with RCI. I am still annoyed with Bayley's attitude toward RCI's customers in this article.....

http://www.businessinsider.com/royal-caribbean-ceo-explains-business-strategy-interview-2018-4

Edited by Ocean Boy

I don’t know if anyone has noticed with all the website issues going on, or even cares at this point, but I was looking at Cruise Critic’s news thread. I didn’t see a peep about all the problems with RCI’s new website. ...

That's because problems with RCI's website are no longer news. It's the norm.

upper right hand corner after you've left the blue sign in page.

Thanks, but I must be looking in the wrong place. After I sign it brings me to my Dashboard, the upper right hand corner has a drop down for my account, unde rthat it lists, Dash Board, Past Cruise, Royal Gifts, Settings FAQ, Sign Out. There is a link to make a payment on the Dashboard, but I don't see the balance anywhere.

I am able to use the back door to log in and see the balance

It is causing me to book later. I'll wait for a cruise to get close to final payment date. If I like the cabins available and the price I'll book and if I don't I won't. And that is provided my future bookings are with RCI. I am still annoyed with Bayley's attitude toward RCI's customers in this article.....

http://www.businessinsider.com/royal-caribbean-ceo-explains-business-strategy-interview-2018-4

We have pretty much made the same decision. Previously we booked as early as possible, but due to the increasing amounts of cancellations and redeployments we decided to wait and book closer to final payment if the cabin choice and price seemed right. The recent customer service problems, cutbacks, website issues, and probable changes in C&A benefits have caused us to rethink our loyalty to RCI. This article was the final straw for us. It made the direction RCI is going in clear, and showed a total disrespect for customers. We are booked through August 2019, and doubt we will book any further into 2020 unless things change in a more positive direction.

In the future our cruises will be based on itinerary and cost, not loyalty to one cruise line.

I tried to search a thread and cant' seem to find anything.

I can't seem to get logged in to my cruise planner and the format just asked me to re-input my security information/password.

Is the website down? are they doing some sort of redesign on the website? Very frustrating

thanks!

I tried to search a thread and cant' seem to find anything.

I can't seem to get logged in to my cruise planner and the format just asked me to re-input my security information/password.

Is the website down? are they doing some sort of redesign on the website? Very frustrating

thanks!

Check this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608830

It has been going on for a month now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's because problems with RCI's website are no longer news. It's the norm.

Could be, also could be that RCI hasn't told Cruise Critic that problems actually exists or said that is "off the record" if Cruise Critic asked about it. Especially since ANYTHING posted on Facebook these days falls into the category of "Plausibly Deniable" later on; since they have developed a name for themselves for false and fake postings.

Actually the ultimate family suite on Symphony is sold out for the next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could be, also could be that RCI hasn't told Cruise Critic that problems actually exists or said that is "off the record" if Cruise Critic asked about it. Especially since ANYTHING posted on Facebook these days falls into the category of "Plausibly Deniable" later on; since they have developed a name for themselves for false and fake postings.

You don't think that the folks running Cruise Critic have read this thread and know that problems exist?