Harmony Live, March 10th to 17th - If you need me, call me on my shell.

That is a great photo. I might just borrow it, if that is OK?

It may cost you a beer if we meet on a cruise but yes, go right ahead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It may cost you a beer if we meet on a cruise but yes, go right ahead.

Awesome, I’m going to tweet it to Captain Johnny and use it next time we dock in Cozumel.

Consider that beer yours.

As I lay in bed wide awake I am reflecting upon the following.

Waking without the assistance of an alarm at 5:20 am is great, if you had a three hour drive ahead of you with a 6 am departure. Laying in a hotel bed awake at 5:20 am with 6 hours until boarding is a travesty.

Those buttertarts look worth it to drive to Buffalo...yum. Good idea to leave the night before. Aside from weather you never know any unexpected accidents from others that could occur and put you to a stand. From the time you posted picking up your son from school to the time you posted in the hotel, it was about 4hrs?

(Or maybe you are not there yet from your last post?)

Good flight today. So close to your cruise!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Since I have a few hours to kill I thought I’d share some of winters glory with you. It can be fun, at times and look wonderful, but the older I get the more I despise it.

fab4671e8f029994ccf12f5a4af29ec6.jpg

1429f398b4bbdbc29d786e4037729621.jpg

And how about Owen and Lucy in the snow. We honestly think Lucy was a dog in her previous life. A few examples, she comes when you call her, and in the morning and end of the day she waits for Owen to get on and off the bus.

BNJRgZVyVW4

We live about 20 minutes from DTW. Enjoy your few hours here. Looks like you are staying at the Westin inside the airport. Great hotel and airport. Enjoy your cruise. We will be flying from Detroit to the Harmony 3 weeks from today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those buttertarts look worth it to drive to Buffalo...yum. Good idea to leave the night before. Aside from weather you never know any unexpected accidents from others that could occur and put you to a stand. From the time you posted picking up your son from school to the time you posted in the hotel, it was about 4hrs?

(Or maybe you are not there yet from your last post?)

Good flight today. So close to your cruise!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Lu, from our place, which is 30 minutes north of London, to the Detroit airport is typically 2.5 hours. It took and extra 30 minutes or so to drive yesterday as we hit downtown Detroit right at rush hour. There is also a road detour due to construction on I-75 south which dumps more cars onto the stretch that I was on. Really is was sheer volume.

That being said it would take way more than 30 minutes to drive through the heart of a Toronto at rush hour. Detroit’s widest road portion where we drive is 3 lanes one direction. If you were going to try flying from Detroit maybe for the first time you might want to stay overnight first just so you get the feel of it.

Now for the tarts. I almost bought a pack of the tarts, as they had them without raisins. It take my grapes in original and in wine packaging. I’m sure not taking them in the dried up pill form.

Had I bought some, they would have been half gone in the minutes that it would taken to get over the bridge. When/then the customs agent at the drive up booth he would see my face resemble that of a 4 year old eating spaghetti. Except, I would have had sticky tart all over my face not to mention our Nexus cards would be stuck to my hands like flys to sticky tape. I decided it was not a wise idea.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We live about 20 minutes from DTW. Enjoy your few hours here. Looks like you are staying at the Westin inside the airport. Great hotel and airport. Enjoy your cruise. We will be flying from Detroit to the Harmony 3 weeks from today.

What kind of suite are you staying in this cruise?

Yes, the Westin in the airport. Great rooms and the Terminal is very nice. Their Valet service is decent too. Text them your ticket number when you land and your car is waiting for you heating up by the time you have your luggage.

The cabin will very nice as well. Info and pics to come tonight or tomorrow morning when I am up at 5 again. I’d love to turn the clocks ahead today, but I’d show up and hour early for my flight. :p

Andrew, thanks for explaining the drive. Guess 30 extra minutes for you isn't too bad...especially since that's hitting rush hour plus the detour. Yes thanks...if we tried Detroit airport, then it sounds best to drive in the night before.

Your comment about the tarts (and description of how you take your grapes) made me laugh outloud. Love the description.

Enjoy your cruise. Obviously you love Oasis class. :-)

Now for the tarts. I almost bought a pack of the tarts, as they had them without raisins. It take my grapes in original and in wine packaging. I’m sure not taking them in the dried up pill form.

Had I bought some, they would have been half gone in the minutes that it would taken to get over the bridge. When/then the customs agent at the drive up booth he would see my face resemble that of a 4 year old eating spaghetti. Except, I would have had sticky tart all over my face not to mention our Nexus cards would be stuck to my hands like flys to sticky tape. I decided it was not a wise idea.

Thanks for that visual [emoji23] good thing I was between sips of coffee, so my iPad was spared. Those tarts did look pretty tempting, with the exception of those raisin ones. I, like you, am a tad picky about my grapes.

I’m pretty sure Lucy has been reincarnated a few times- she looks a lot like my Golden’s frolicking in the snow, and then there’s that barn scaling incident.....[emoji848] hmmmm......glad to see you were able to avoid snow...hope the rest of your travel is pain free and uneventful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay I was just going to lurk/stalk this trip report but seeing the pics and video of Lucy made me LOL and convinced me to chime in. I don’t know what I like better, the “kitty report” or your live cruise reports. Tough call. Lucy is one cool kitty [emoji41].

That being said, there is no way Lisa and I are trying out for the Newlywed Game Show. Answering the question of “What animal does your MIL remind you of” could be tough. But, follow that question with “where was the last place you made whoopee

We were on Harmony two weeks ago and a couple in their 70’s was asked this question, answer..............

On the balcony this morning! 😂

Okay I was just going to lurk/stalk this trip report but seeing the pics and video of Lucy made me LOL and convinced me to chime in. I don’t know what I like better, the “kitty report” or your live cruise reports. Tough call. Lucy is one cool kitty [emoji41].

Chime in any time you want Tommy. You are more than welcome too.

That being said, there is no way Lisa and I are trying out for the Newlywed Game Show. Answering the question of “What animal does your MIL remind you of” could be tough. But, follow that question with “where was the last place you made whoopee

We were on Harmony two weeks ago and a couple in their 70’s was asked this question, answer..............

On the balcony this morning! [emoji23]

OK, you almost made me spit out my coffee. Thankfully you didn’t post pics of them.

That is one awesome cat.

She is.

Our plan of attack in 15 minutes.

f37dc0fd5dff044990653ef7b090cd8e.jpg

51cf0ae5c526fa01c55af3bc8d7b9224.jpg

Good to see you were assigned a gate in the middle of the terminal and not at either end. Even with the tram it seems like a long walk. Have a safe flight. It’s a little cool down here today for March, 65 outside my house right now, but that’s certainly better than those snow pics.