Sorry for another question

Thanks that is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Is a dollar a drink recommended for a tip?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no recommendation. Some people don’t tip extra, since they already paid the 18%. Some will tip a dollar a drink, and some might just give their favorite bartender a set amount at end of cruise.

18% is ample for opening a beer or mixing a simple drink, IMO. If we sit at a bar for a good amount of time, we will usually tip additionally before we leave. We don't tip "per drink".....except what is added to the bill (18%) on your behalf.

At most self service bars on land (not table service), we tip $1 per order, unless we're getting more than 2 drinks. If it's table service, we tip 18-20%, as you would in a restaurant.

I only tip extra when I find a bartender I like. the one off drink at a random bar I won't tip extra. If I got to a certain bartender every night (which usually ends up happening on many of my cruises) I end up tipping them well.

I follow the same rule. I don't tip extra per drink, but will tip extra to bartenders we get to know or spend more time with.

Drinks purchased before sailing or before reaching international waters may have added sales tax.

Also anything purchased on a cruise which does not leave the European Union will have VAT tax added.

Thanks that is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Is a dollar a drink recommended for a tip?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You've already tipped 18% on the drink package, why would you tip more and that much more per drink? Just curious.

You've already tipped 18% on the drink package, why would you tip more and that much more per drink? Just curious.

OK. I am not good at math, but help me out here. Let’s just assume a drink is $9. Now, let’s assume my drink pkg was on sale for $45 per day. Let’s assume that I’m having only 5 drinks per day (Hahahaha). 18% would be a tip of $1.62 perdrink. Now, if I drink 10 drinks, it takes the price down to $4.50 per drink and my tip is down to 81 cents for the same drink... So, that is why I always tip $1 extra for my drinks with the drink pkg. It isn’t 18% for each drink...it is 18% on whatever you paid for the package.

Bartenders remember people who tip extra. That leads to faster service, stronger drinks and an overall better experience. At least that’s what I’ve seen.