Does anyone have a picture of the one outlet in each cabin? And also.........

LongHill44

a picture of the device you used to charge more than one devise, be it phones, tablets or whatever?

I know we cannot be a so call surge-protector on the ship so I am curious to see a picture of what some have used.

Thanks

We have used a tap similar to the belkin pictured, but now they are not allowed due to the surge protector. I am thinking of taking a power bar without the surge protector & just set it on that ledge above the outlets. We need extra to charge the cameras, phone & ipads. We don't use the internet or make calls, but use the phone & ipads for the hub app and occasionally for pics as well.

We have used a tap similar to the belkin pictured, but now they are not allowed due to the surge protector. I am thinking of taking a power bar without the surge protector & just set it on that ledge above the outlets. We need extra to charge the cameras, phone & ipads. We don't use the internet or make calls, but use the phone & ipads for the hub app and occasionally for pics as well.

How many do you have. Many ships have 4 plugs. 2 USA and 2 Europe. The two Europe, you can go to Target and buy an adapter plug for $1.49 and your iPhone and iPad can be charged from it, as well as your maybe your camera. You can also buy a plug that has usb jacks on it.

That has a surge protector built in and is prohibited for use on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly didn't know it did. Mine's about 3-4 years old, so maybe they didn't back then? I'm certainly not trying to intentionally break rules, I'm just saying we've never heard any complaints or requests to stop using it.

I hope it isn't that one, because if you check with the actual manufacturer of that one, it IS surge protected. In general something that has 3 prongs, and both AC outlets and USB will likely be surge protected. https://www.ipoweradd.com/collections/electrical-power-strips/products/poweradd-3-outlet-power-strip-with-3-smart-usb-ports Multiple Outlet Power Strip with USB: This Poweradd multiple outlet power strip has 3 AC outlets and 3 USB charging ports for you to charge 6 devices simultaneously. 3 outlet power strip allows you to power up to 3 electrical appliances while protecting your electronics from voltage fluctuations, surges, and spikes. The 3 USB ports(3.1A Max) are able to charge 3 mobile devices simultaneously. It's perfect for tablets and smartphones. The power strip surge protector is well built to be highly durable and practical.

Honestly didn't know it did. Mine's about 3-4 years old, so maybe they didn't back then? I'm certainly not trying to intentionally break rules, I'm just saying we've never heard any complaints or requests to stop using it.

Even the older Belkin ones have surge protectors in them. They don't catch them because they don't look like power strips, but they are still against the rules and potentially dangerous to the ship. I used to sail with one of them too until they clarified that the restrictions were for anything with surge protection and not just for power strip type ones.

I used an extension cord that had 3 outlets on it.

When we were on the Sensation, after their dry dock, our lamps had cell phone USB ports to charge our phones. It was great to not need an outlet since the fan took up the only available one at night time.

It says SurgePlus right in the link you posted

Threadstarter: seems you are over-thinking this. ANY power strip without a surge protector will work fine. I’m sure cruisers are using all sorts of different makes and models.

That won't necessarily work, because the outlets are so close to the desktop. These are three of the plugs that I have used at various times:

enhance

The blue/white on is a power cube and has four outlets and two USB ports. You can get it on Amazon, but it does come in a version with surge protection so read carefully. My sister always brings a dual usb plug which she adds to it, so we have four usb outlets:

enhance

enhance

It says SurgePlus right in the link you posted ��

Threadstarter: seems you are over-thinking this. ANY power strip without a surge protector will work fine. I’m sure cruisers are using all sorts of different makes and models.

I didn't buy it, someone else did. I googled the brand and that's what I found that matched what I have. So when I searched the item, I was unaware there was a surge protector in it.

So if I make sure what I bring is only 2-pronged then it will be okay since it's not surge protected? I don't get how the cruise lines think everyone is supposed to keep their electronics charged. Also, what about medical necessities such as a C-pap? I am concerned that I will bring the wrong thing and it will be confiscated or it won't fit depending how the outlet is configured. Do they sell anything on the ship that can be used?

So if I make sure what I bring is only 2-pronged then it will be okay since it's not surge protected? I don't get how the cruise lines think everyone is supposed to keep their electronics charged. Also, what about medical necessities such as a C-pap? I am concerned that I will bring the wrong thing and it will be confiscated or it won't fit depending how the outlet is configured. Do they sell anything on the ship that can be used?

Bring a power strip that does not have a surge protector.

No reason Carnival would confiscate it.

No reason to worry about it.