Refundable then Non-Refundable?

Can I book a cruise using the "refundable" option two years out and then before the final payment, call and change over to the "non-refundable" at the lower rate? I'm looking at January 2020 on Liberty. Thanks! :)

I did that last week for a cruise we had confirmed we were going to take in January 2019. Saved $456 and gained another $25 OBC

You can, but if you wait too long, it’s possible the non-refundable price will end up more expensive than the refundable price you have.

My plan was to switch over before final payment date, which for most people on my cruise is this Sunday, but this week’s new sale took away most of the price difference. I should have done it last week when it was $265 cheaper.

My final payment for this cruise is a couple weeks later than most peoples because I was grandfathered in to the 75 day cancellation, but there aren’t many cabins left in my category, so I fear my price may never go down again. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can I book a cruise using the "refundable" option two years out and then before the final payment, call and change over to the "non-refundable" at the lower rate? I'm looking at January 2020 on Liberty. Thanks! :)

Yes you can.

It doesn't matter when you booked. They are happy to have you switch over to a nonrefundable deposit at any time. You get the current price and any perks (like OBC) that are being offered at the time of the switch.

Fantastic!! :D