Time to book transfers....

Texansonboard

newbie here...

Booking transport from YVR airport hotel to port, and return to YVR.

Ship departure is 4:30pm, what time should I set for hotel pick-up? When will I know my boarding time?

Ship returns at 7am, flight is currently 11:42am. What time again, as I don’t know when we will get off ship. We are self-disembarking .

Thanks! Couldn’t do this trip without y’all’s help!!

newbie here...

Booking transport from YVR airport hotel to port, and return to YVR.

Ship departure is 4:30pm, what time should I set for hotel pick-up? When will I know my boarding time?

Ship returns at 7am, flight is currently 11:42am. What time again, as I don’t know when we will get off ship. We are self-disembarking .

Thanks! Couldn’t do this trip without y’all’s help!!

You may also want to post on the West Coast Departures under the North American Home Ports Forum and the Alaska Board in the Ports Forum for more responses.

If you are interested in a pre-cruise tour, we used LandSea Tours and did the Peaks and Canyons Tour with a drop off at the cruise port. We enjoyed the tour and they were very professional. They picked us up at our hotel in Richmond around 8:00 AM and dropped us at the port around 2:00 PM. They had storage for our luggage on the shuttle. They also have a city tour with cruise port drop off. Here is a link to their website:

https://vancouvertours.com/

Others can provide better Information for your return trip. I know many use the SkyTrain since it goes from downtown to the airport. If you don’t have a lot of luggage, it is a good option. We arrived 2 days prior to our cruise and used it from Richmond to downtown and back with no issues. It was clean, safe and efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JT1962

I agree with checking on the West Coast Departures board. The first thing you will probably see there is that flights to the US are not recommended before noon, as you need to clear Canadian Immigration and Customs as you leave the ship, and US Immigration and Customs at the Vancouver airport. You will want to get of the ship, and grab a cab.

It pays to check the logistics before booking your airfares.

I would want to be in the first group off the ship.

If there are two or three ships in port it can be challenging to get a taxi if you are not off early.

If you do encounter such a problem walk over to the Pan Pacific Hotel (connected to the terminal) or across the street to the Fairmont.

There are lots of taxis but they only permit a certain number at a time into the terminal parking lot.

Process at the Vancouver Airport for flights back to the USA is as follows.

Check in at the airport counter.

Then take your checked luggage to another area for check in.

Go through security.

Go though USA customs/immigration.

Walk to the gate.

As to embarkation you will also go through USA immigration and with a couple of ships in port it can get busy. Just be patient. Sometimes things go very well and sometimes not so well.

I would arrive by 11:00 AM. Even 10:30 AM is good too.

Keith