Cruise Lines Dining Room Attire

thundercrack

Hi, I have sailed Carnival, Royal and NCL. I have not had a bad cruise on any of them but would like to try other lines. My only “requirement” is with dinner attire in the MDR. I will absolutely NOT wear a tie. I want to be comfortable at dinner and I am definitely NOT comfortable wearing a tie.

I have no problem with dockers and a nice polo or buttondown shirt, just NO tie. What othercruise lines would I be able to dress like this, NO tie, during normal dinner nights (not formal/elegant nights, I know a tie would be required on these) other than the three I have already cruised.

I would appreciate any assistance the valuable members ofCruise Critic can give.

Thanks

PS, did I mention I don’t like ties 😊

If you were to wear a black turtleneck, blazer, nice dress slacks, belt, and shoes, you would very likely be better looking than someone with a tie on, or even a tux.

Dress is all about how it makes you feel. Forget about what others may want to see.

Because this was on the Carnival board, I thought you were talking about Carnival. Princess doesn't require a tie.

Only posted here because I didn’t want to post to all individual lines board and I frequent the Carnival boards. Is there a more appropriate centralized board to post this question, I will surely post it there if one exists. Thanks

Only posted here because I didn’t want to post to all individual lines board and I frequent the Carnival boards. Is there a more appropriate centralized board to post this question, I will surely post it there if one exists. Thanks

I just posted ths in Ask a Cruise Question in General Cruise Discussion Board.

Thanks