New to Princess, embarkation times

tt_moore

You may get a time, but you can treat it as a suggestion, not a requirement. If you are a first timer and not in a suite, you'll board after the Elite, Platinum, Suite, and Club Class Mini Suite guests. Depending on your cruise, that can mean that half the ship has priority ahead of you or that 10% of the people will automatically go before you.

When they get to general boarding, it will be in the order you checked in, roughly.

Boarding typically begins somewhere in the 11:30-12:00 range, at least on the Princess cruises we've done.

Sailing in May and haven't noticed any 'time' for boarding. Will we be assigned a time (like Carnival)? If not when do.they typically begin boarding?

Thx

When signed in to your reservation on the Princess online Cruise Personalizer you can view basic boarding information by selecting the Calendar & Planning tab & here’s my next cruise’s statement.

Check In 12:30pm-3:00pm

see Travel Summary For

progressive Check In Times

By selecting the “Boarding Pass & Travel Summary” you can view the Travel Summary to learn if Progressive check in applies. For my next cruise here’s that statement:

12:30 PM - Aloha & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 1:00 PM - Baja & Dolphin Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & D 1:45 PM – Caribe & Emerald Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with C & E 2:30 PM – Plaza Deck - Cabins on this deck begin with P

Even then I’ve never had it enforced & from any port we arrive at about 10:30, checked in by 11:00 and on the ship at about noon. We have priority boarding which can result in a faster boarding process but not always a big difference.

Leaving from Los Angeles. My sister hasn't competed her check in info, so maybe that's why? But nothing is noted in the areas you suggested. Also looking via my phone, maybe shows better on laptop....

We arrive to LAX at 10am, so by the time we get there we should be good to go anyway right? It's abt an hour from airport.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Leaving from Los Angeles. My sister hasn't competed her check in info, so maybe that's why? But nothing is noted in the areas you suggested. Also looking via my phone, maybe shows better on laptop....

We arrive to LAX at 10am, so by the time we get there we should be good to go anyway right? It's abt an hour from airport.

I don’t think completing her check in info would be necessary to view that information. However I’ve already completed the necessary information so I cannot confirm it.

Going directly to the cruise terminal from LAX after a 10:00 arrival should work fine but be prepared for crowds when arriving before noon.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

As others have said, do not bother looking for the info. Check-in usually starts by 11:00 AM if not earlier. And once boarding starts it goes quickly. As you surmise, by the time you get your luggage and to the port, you should be able to check in right away (lines permitting) and board soon after that.

If you do board before 1 PM, you have a sit down lunch in a dining room (doors for entry close by 1:30). Check the Patter, a list of daily events and activities that will be in your cabin when you arrive to see which dining room is doing this.

Sent from my laptop using MTF