How do you read this message I received from Celebrity?

caymancouple

So Celebrity cancelled a cruise I had booked. I got the attached letter. What do you think they are saying in the bracketed part? I can not even consider flying to Florida for a 4 day cruise like the choices they have listed. While it is a 4 day they cancelled, it was part of a larger vacation plan that is now in the toilet. I am just curious how others read the bracketed part. I am not going to say how I read it as I don't want to influence your thoughts. Thanks

987df2_b81808abae1e4feb80e6241737a1ebaa~mv2_d_4020_4032_s_4_2.webp

So Celebrity cancelled a cruise I had booked. I got the attached letter. What do you think they are saying in the bracketed part? I can not even consider flying to Florida for a 4 day cruise like the choices they have listed. While it is a 4 day they cancelled, it was part of a larger vacation plan that is now in the toilet. I am just curious how others read the bracketed part. I am not going to say how I read it as I don't want to influence your thoughts. Thanks

Not seeing an attachment.

If you book a cruise other than what has been offered, you will receive an additional $100 OBC. It will be $200 for a Suite.

I read it as saying an additional $100 OBC or $200 for a suite on any Celebrity Cruise that they rebook, including those listed offering the protected/lowest available rate. Since the cruise was cancelled, you always have the option of getting a full refund. If you rebook any cruise, you get additional OBC.

The letter is a pretty standard one, it would be a lot simpler if you just ask whatever question you have about It's content.

I do agree with your sentiments though, as yet again they have bumped pax off for a charter well within the 330 day window for flights, and 12 months for hotels bookings to have been started.

We had the same issue as you with a March sailing this year which was part of a 9 day b2b, leaving a hole which has cost twice the price of the cancelled cruise to fill, $100 compo is peanuts.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

The letter is a pretty standard one, it would be a lot simpler if you just ask whatever question you have about It's content.

I do agree with your sentiments though, as yet again they have bumped pax off for a charter well within the 330 day window for flights, and 12 months for hotels bookings to have been started.

We had the same issue as you with a March sailing this year which was part of a 9 day b2b, leaving a hole which has cost twice the price of the cancelled cruise to fill, $100 compo is peanuts.

Ok, I will ask, If I pick a totally different cruise, will I get the same promotion as was being offered when I booked (ie $300 obc, and free internet) or just totally out of luck.

Ok, I will ask, If I pick a totally different cruise, will I get the same promotion as was being offered when I booked (ie $300 obc, and free internet) or just totally out of luck.

I would expect no, unless that cruise just happens to be offering the same promotion.

"Brand promotions will be protected...." I read that as any promotions that you received are protected (preserved?) for the names that were registered on the cancelled cruise.

If not that, then what would that mean? I would push for that if it were me.

"Brand promotions will be protected...." I read that as any promotions that you received are protected (preserved?) for the names that were registered on the cancelled cruise.

If not that, then what would that mean? I would push for that if it were me.

That is how I read it. But no, they are saying it is only for the cruises listed at the top. I am not happy at all. I am trying to make sure it is just not me who reads it that way.

That is how I read it. But no, they are saying it is only for the cruises listed at the top. I am not happy at all. I am trying to make sure it is just not me who reads it that way.

Best to call Celebrity and ask.

You may have to call more than once. If you don't like the answer, try again. Someone else may give you a better answer!

Good luck.

It's horrible when you plan on a vacation and they take it from right under your feet.

The promos we had on our Summit cruise came with us onto the Equinox cruise we chose to reboot, plus of course the compo $100.

Best thing to do in this situation is tell "X" what you want and see what they say, no ask no get.

Can you give me a little more detail? Please !!! Might help my argument to say they have done it before. I guess loyalty does not really mean anything. We are Diamond Plus with Royal, and this time next year will be Elite Plus with Celebrity... or maybe not. !!

I was booked with a very large Houston based online TA, one of their Duty Managers sorted the rebook for me as my consultant was on vacation, so I only know the outcome, which was as I said above.

If you booked direct and don't get satisfaction keep ringing, if that fails try the Captains Club desk as they are generally a bit more clued up. Good luck.

I was booked with a very large Houston based online TA, one of their Duty Managers sorted the rebook for me as my consultant was on vacation, so I only know the outcome, which was as I said above.

If you booked direct and don't get satisfaction keep ringing, if that fails try the Captains Club desk as they are generally a bit more clued up. Good luck.

Thanks

I am booked with the large online travel agency that is in New Hampshire. I have asked them to contact Celebrity and push back. We will see.