Added Cirque showtimes on board the Getaway?

crustyfam5

We are sailing on the Getaway in a few weeks, and we would like to take our kids to see the Cirque show, but as of now there are 3 nights shown, all at 8:30 (late for dinner, they will be melting:D by the end). I read somewhere about them adding shows, and mentions of 5:30 shows, but I don't recall when that was. Does anyone have recent experience on the ship who could tell me one way or the other? Thanks!

We are sailing on the Getaway in a few weeks, and we would like to take our kids to see the Cirque show, but as of now there are 3 nights shown, all at 8:30 (late for dinner, they will be melting:D by the end). I read somewhere about them adding shows, and mentions of 5:30 shows, but I don't recall when that was. Does anyone have recent experience on the ship who could tell me one way or the other? Thanks!

I was on Getaway last week, the first week of spring break. The ship was completely full, and they did not add any shows.

So,,, sailing in a few weeks and not seeing any early shows means that they are sold out for online booking. Shows open 90-120 days prior to cruise and if you wanted early times, 3-4 months ago is when you need to book them. There may be additional seats available as soon as you embark. Use the touch screen kiosks in the elevator lobbies to book your shows and dinners.

At least one member of your party should line up at least 60 minutes before show time (90 minutes better). Your entire party MUST be in line by 30 minutes prior to show time when the doors open and dinner starts. The hostess will seat you first-come-first-serve, front to back. Haven guests are seated before the doors open via a crew elevator and side door, so even if you are first in line, you won't get the "best" seats.

I was on Getaway last week, the first week of spring break. The ship was completely full, and they did not add any shows.

Bummer. I just don't get that. 5:30 shows in February, but none on spring break when there will be more kids? Maybe the actors have kids and are on their own spring break. lol

So,,, sailing in a few weeks and not seeing any early shows means that they are sold out for online booking. Shows open 90-120 days prior to cruise and if you wanted early times, 3-4 months ago is when you need to book them. There may be additional seats available as soon as you embark. Use the touch screen kiosks in the elevator lobbies to book your shows and dinners.

At least one member of your party should line up at least 60 minutes before show time (90 minutes better). Your entire party MUST be in line by 30 minutes prior to show time when the doors open and dinner starts. The hostess will seat you first-come-first-serve, front to back. Haven guests are seated before the doors open via a crew elevator and side door, so even if you are first in line, you won't get the "best" seats.

Interesting... it never occurred to me that they could be booked up for that time. :confused: Argh.

Does "completely full" mean lines everywhere you went? I'm wondering about the ropes course, rock climbing, etc. We planned to stay back on 1 port, hoping that it would be quieter, but at least the Feb dailies only showed ropes open 3-6 and 7-9, and rocks from 5-8. Was that your experience? With long lines? Thanks!