Someone died on the Breakaway?

I purchased the Cruise for 3 paid for Beverage Package and had access to the Mandara Spa. By Day 3 I had Charges in which I had to have removed of $140.00 for Purchases of Liqueur i did not have. Their excuse was there were 3 of us.

Did the 3rd person have the UBP?

If the first 2 guests had the UBP promo and the 3rd had nothing, $140 in three days is probably correct.

Copy/paste from the review. Quote tag (quote.gif) wrapped around the paste.

I see. I didn't read the review, I was just reading this post, and the replies made no sense with regards to the original post. LOL! Now I get it.

Sadly...its not unusual. You will rarely hear about deaths due to illness, heart attacks, etc. What you will read about is deaths/missing people from jumping overboard, criminal type of death (i.e stabbing, etc)....May also catch a snippet about Medical evacuations

Usually a death on board a cruise ship is news. I haven’t heard anything about this. Did it really happen?

I agree that it tends to get mentioned, but I don't know why it's news really. The number of berths on the main cruise lines is in the several hundred thousands. It feels like it would be more noteworthy if there weren't deaths on cruise ships.

"As people grinched I watched the waves climb from 4,9,11,21, reach8ng before i tried to fall asleep 23-32 feet waves."

"As people grinched"? I truly, honestly have no idea what the reviewer means. :'):') Maybe it's a combination of "grouched" and "flinched"? Since it was a February cruise, I assume they weren't talking about stealing Christmas presents. :')

"As people grinched"? I truly, honestly have no idea what the reviewer means. :'):') Maybe it's a combination of "grouched" and "flinched"?

I thought that it was supposed to be "cringed". :confused:

I agree that trying to decipher the review was about as rough as the sailing.

Death is common everywhere even on cruise ships. I will never understand why people are surprised.

Been on several cruises, many different lines. I never heard of deaths on cruise ships unless they’re publicized.

I’ll assume this report is false.

OP...wish you would research these things more carefully before posting them.

Been on several cruises, many different lines. I never heard of deaths on cruise ships unless they’re publicized.

I found this article on the topic interesting: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1631

Just because no one tells you doesn't mean it didn't happen. It is no one's business when a medical emergency happens, they don't announce every name of the people who have to visit the medical center. You obviously hear about the ones that are helicoptered off the ship. I've been seen people removed to ambulances, one in a body bag. No announcements made, none required.

I found this article on the topic interesting: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1631

That was interesting! Thanks!

Average 3 deaths/week as a percentage on every cruise in the world doesn't sound like it happens that often.

Still, before getting everyone's morbid curiosity up (including mine), it'd be helpful if someone would confirm a death happened on a particular cruise before making a general announcement in these threads.

I'll assume this report was false.

That was interesting! Thanks!

Average 3 deaths/week as a percentage on every cruise in the world doesn't sound like it happens that often.

Still, before getting everyone's morbid curiosity up (including mine), it'd be helpful if someone would confirm a death happened on a particular cruise before making a general announcement in these threads.

I'll assume this report was false.

Do people really need death confirmation? Why? It's unfortunate that people pass but who cares just because it's on a cruise ship? It's odd that people need to know. People die. It's not news.

They mandate that cruise ships have a morgue type area to store bodies. Throw in the average age and physical condition of the typical cruiser... I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone died on my cruise. I don't see how you could be surprised.

And I don't expect to be notified either. Privacy and all. Unless it was them falling/jumping overboard or over some railing or something. Your garden variety death due to heart attack or old age or something, wouldn't expect to be notified at all.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1631