A quick UDP question when theres more than the 2 eating

MandyMommyof2

Hi everybody! We are booked on the Getaway in July. I am able to book our dining reservations and had a quick question. My husband and I are the ones who are receiving the specialty dining, we are also taking our daughters and will be a party of 4. When I booked Modernos and Cagneys, I selected party size of 4, the cost comes to $0.00. Is this right, or once we actually eat, will the charge come to our shipboard account. Just confused as to why there was no charge for them.

When you dine the people that don't have the dining package will be billed for their dinner. You can always buy dining packages for your daughters if you are going to take them to dinner with you every time you use the dining package. It will end up saving you about the cost of one meal.

When you dine the people that don't have the dining package will be billed for their dinner. You can always buy dining packages for your daughters if you are going to take them to dinner with you every time you use the dining package. It will end up saving you about the cost of one meal.
Thanks so much zqvol!

When you have the SDP, they will allow you to make your reservations for free, and for more than the people you have the SDP for. On my last cruise we had 3 people over two cabins, all with SDP. They did allow one person to make the reservation for 3 for free. They would have charged for the additional meal at the time of service if not everyone had had the SDP. But this allowed us to make the reservations we needed ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It makes sense cause they don’t know who you are dining with. We will be taking my then four year old to some specialty restaurants with us, but we will utilize their free childrens menu for his dinner.

They can't charge any a la carte restaurants before you order cause they don't know what will be ordered. If you booked for four at Moderno or Teppanyaki, two would be 0.00 and two would be the flat rate $29 or whatever it is at the time you book.

They can't charge any a la carte restaurants before you order cause they don't know what will be ordered. If you booked for four at Moderno or Teppanyaki, two would be 0.00 and two would be the flat rate $29 or whatever it is at the time you book.

That is incorrect. As long as the person making the booking has the SDP, there will not be any charge for the booking, regardless of whether the others dining have the SDP or not. This is because you aren’t booking for specifically named people, simply a number of people. The system has no way of knowing who is going to be dining, therefore it has no way of knowing whether or not they have the SDP.

This is bad information. A high post count does not make you an expert on all things NCL.

This is bad information. A high post count does not make you an expert on all things NCL.

I don't see anything in the quoted post which is incorrect.

I suppose to be absolutely accurate they should have said that, depending on what the kids eat you may save about the cost of one meal, but basically the point made was valid.