Fuzzy math on drink package

How does this compute? Sailing on Oasis soon. "Regular" price of deluxe drink package is $50/day. Sale offered, buy one get one 50% off. So, my math says $50 + $25 (half off package) = $75 per day total for 2. $75 divided by 2 makes $37.50 per person per day. RCCL's fuzzy math says it's $47/person/day. ??? What??? Do they think people aren't smart enough to figure out that is not buy one get one half off?

I am on hold right now and have been for almost 30 minutes, to ask about the discounted internet package for our sailing. It doesn't make sense to me either..lol

Waiting on hold for 30 minutes to give a company your money? You've got some incredible patience.

Unfortunately, all they will tell you is that the price in the cruise planner is what you're going to pay. Report back if they say anything else, but I'd be shocked.

Good luck! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How does this compute? Sailing on Oasis soon. "Regular" price of deluxe drink package is $50/day. Sale offered' date=' buy one get one 50% off. So, my math says $50 + $25 (half off package) = $75 per day total for 2. $75 divided by 2 makes $37.50 per person per day. RCCL's fuzzy math says it's $47/person/day. ??? What??? Do they think people aren't smart enough to figure out that is not buy one get one half off?[/quote']

Not "Fuzzy" math. As another poster also said sale price is based on Regular prices you'd pay after you board ship.

How does this compute? Sailing on Oasis soon. "Regular" price of deluxe drink package is $50/day. Sale offered' date=' buy one get one 50% off. So, my math says $50 + $25 (half off package) = $75 per day total for 2. $75 divided by 2 makes $37.50 per person per day. RCCL's fuzzy math says it's $47/person/day. ??? What??? Do they think people aren't smart enough to figure out that is not buy one get one half off?[/quote']

I bought one for the Oasis sailing in may at buy one and get one 1/2 off and mine is $45/day + 18%. Someone said they paid $58/day onboard and that doesn’t even compute. I’ve been watching prices since Dec and the cheapest I’ve seen was $45/day - with or without a sale. I bought it and will cancel if it goes cheaper. If the $45/day was including gratuity it would be a great price.

I think bigbeer has it. Got to include the. All important tip based on full price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But the tip is 18% not 20%

I’m pretty good at math, like really good at math. But not RCI sale price good at math

The regular price onboard must be $60. $60 + $30 (50%) =$90 $90/2 = $45 Plus the 18% on the $45

Of course they charge a little more or less depending on the cruise. I know I am paying $42 for ours in Oct. and I have seen $48 on others.